Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did you do the maze on the Bus?
    sigpic
    When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
    -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
    -Rusty old scooter.
    Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
    https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
      Did you do the maze on the Bus?
      Got lost, still there posting... send help!
      2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT
      2007 Triumph Bonneville T100 w/sidecar

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Tripledij View Post
        Got a nice break in the weather Saturday, so I made the most of it. Here is a pic from Hwy 9 some here may recognize.

Oh yeah, looks like Hwy 9 were my first thoughts before reading what you said.
        On the Ape? Nice shot.
        GS\'s since 1982: 55OMZ, 550ES, 750ET, (2) 1100ET\'s, 1100S, 1150ES. Current ride is an 83 Katana. Wifes bike is an 84 GS 1150ES

Comment

Yeah, that was on the Ape. The GS project is still in the parts collection stage. I have most of what I need to start except spare time.
          I might not get much done on it until after the first of the year. This was a mellow 150 mile ride, exactly the kind of ride I bought the GS for, to save miles on the Ape.
          I can't wait for next riding season.
          1983 GS1100E project

Comment

Originally posted by nvr2old View Post
            I spent my mid-upper 20's and early 30's riding with a very select group of people that all worked together at a Honda dealership. We toured, raced, and rode in a synchronized "pack". I loved riding with that group of about 8. We knew each other so well and knew how to ride really well together, anticipating each others moves and riding techniques. That ceased when everyone pretty much went their own way back in the mid-80's I spent the next 20+ years basically riding by myself, thinking that kind of riding style was over. I recently met a couple of young guys here in the Sandpoint area that ride modern sport bikes. An '04 R1 Yamaha, and a 2014 600 Yamaha. I've gone on a couple of rides with them over the last couple of weekends, and they have been a pleasure to ride with. They ride fast, but not stupid. Both are married with young children and are very responsible. Boy, talk about feeling like an old guy, though. They are in their early 30's and I'm 62. My GS1000S looks like a dinosaur next to their swoofty sport bikes, which blow the Suzuki in the weeds. They wheelie with abandon, throw those things into corners, and they both ride well. I manage to still hold my own with them, though, and stay with them for the most part (even though they're undoubtedly holding back a bit for their senior riding companion) They remind me..of me..and the group I used to ride with. It has brought me a sense of remembrance, and a sense of the never-ending pace of getting older. But it's been fun to ride with someone other then by myself, and they look at the GS in silent awe that a bike that old, ridden by a guy even older, can still straighten out a curve or two. Time to go clean my face shield..they'll be waiting for me to go riding again this afternoon.
            Your words sink in deep. I think it's great you've found someone to ride with. I haven't had anyone to ride with since I moved to Utah 18 months ago.
            Just want to say I'm happy for ya but PLEASE keep within your limits and your bikes limits so you stay safe. It can be very easy to push yourself too far when riding with new riders on faster bikes. Have fun!
            And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
            Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

Oooh yay, I got to ride today and it was lovely.

"I have come to believe that all life is precious." -- Eastman, TWD6.4

1999 Triumph Legend 900 TT

Comment

Kerry,

That's awesome! God bless you fellow GS brother.

Ed
                GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
                GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
                GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
                Originally posted by GSXR7ED
                Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

A November day in the 60's so good time to get the GS out for a ride.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

Originally posted by kerrfunk View Post
                    Oooh yay, I got to ride today and it was lovely.

Be careful stopping in places like in that top photo. You do realize that you are in WV, right? Did you hear the banjos playing?
                    Larry

'79 GS 1000E
                    '93 Honda ST 1100 SOLD-- now residing in Arizona.
                    '18 Triumph Tiger 800 (gone too soon)
                    '19 Triumph Tiger 800 Christmas 2018 to me from me.
                    '01 BMW R1100RL project purchased from a friend.

Comment

Last weekend:

1980/1981 GS450 - GS500 Cylinder + Piston Swap - "De-L'ed", custom seat, CB350 bits, 18" rear, etc.
                      1977 GS550
                      1977 GS750 - Cross country trip thread

Comment

Before the repair I see Sam...

Hope the old girls is still running great for ya!!
                        Jedz Moto
                        1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                        1988 Honda GL1500-6
                        2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
                        2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                        2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
                        Originally posted by Hayabuser
                        Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post
                          Before the repair I see Sam...

Hope the old girls is still running great for ya!!
                          Yeah the superglue didn't hold up as well as I hoped and the signal is bent and the holes don't really line up anymore... gotta go to ebay I think.
                          Running great ... although it took two kicks to start it a couple days ago . Ed gave me a Dyna ignition which has been working great! I've been sick the past few days but the weather should be good this weekend.
                          1980/1981 GS450 - GS500 Cylinder + Piston Swap - "De-L'ed", custom seat, CB350 bits, 18" rear, etc.
                          1977 GS550
                          1977 GS750 - Cross country trip thread

Comment

Took day off work, mostly cuz is slow at work and weather better today.
                            Was gonna do some things in garage and rake leaves.

45degF and mostly sunny, best day of the week.

Did get something done in garage (see "wrench on today") and then did get out for a ride.
                            Did not get to any leaf raking.

Last edited by Redman; 11-03-2017, 07:28 PM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                            GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by sam000lee View Post
                              Yeah the superglue didn't hold up as well as I hoped and the signal is bent and the holes don't really line up anymore... gotta go to ebay I think.
                              Running great ... although it took two kicks to start it a couple days ago . Ed gave me a Dyna ignition which has been working great! I've been sick the past few days but the weather should be good this weekend.
                              I might have a extra set of directionals... There yours if I still got them.
                              Jedz Moto
                              1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                              1988 Honda GL1500-6
                              2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                              Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
                                Took day off work, mostly cuz is slow at work and weather better today.
                                Was gonna do some things in garage and rake leaves.

45degF and mostly sunny, best day of the week.

Did get something done in garage (see "wrench on today") and then did get out for a ride.
                                Did not get to any leaf raking.

Jealous... I wish I could take a day off... Tomorrow I ride!
                                Jedz Moto
                                1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                                1988 Honda GL1500-6
                                2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

Working...
                                X