X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Redman View Post
    May be a few days yet.
    <<a-hem>>

Yup..... that's our world for the next few months, isn't it Red? Just makes us appreciate our good weather that much more, doesn't it? At least that's what I keep telling myself. I drove into Dexter this morning to get my hair cut. The barber shop is on a busy (for Dexter) corner, and has two walls of big picture windows. The scene outside was straight out of a Christmas card. I wish I had had my camera with me; I'd have taken a few pics.
    Last edited by Guest; 12-09-2017, 05:16 PM.

Comment

It was really just there and back so only just over 100km's, but a few of us headed over to one of the other Katana Australia fella's house for a BBQ brekky and a chin wag.

A very enjoyable morning out and perfect sunny weather for it, definitely getting on the warm side on the trip home!

Untitled by starpoint73, on Flickr

1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
      1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Originally posted by MI GS850G guy View Post
        Yup..... that's our world for the next few months, isn't it Red? ..............
        Yep. Will be differnt when ground froze so snow doesn't melt on pavement.

Hey, Are you gonna acknowledge your BOTM.....?

Originally posted by pete View Post
        .................... ............... a few of us headed over to one of the other Katana Australia fella's house ................
        Thanks for posting pics of bikes on the road.

What are those dark areas on the pavement next to the bikes?
        Seems to be in a shape something like the bikes.

>>later note. Oh, shadows. Yah, have those if not heavy cloud overcast. I almost forgot what sunshine is like.

Last edited by Redman; 12-09-2017, 07:41 PM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
        GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
          Yep. Will be differnt when ground froze so snow doesn't melt on pavement.

Hey, Are you gonna acknowledge your BOTM.....?

Yeah I know I got BOTM, but I didn't know there was anything I could do to acknowledge it. Am I supposed to do something?

Comment

........................................ Am I supposed to do something?
            Nothing that you are suppose to do.
            Is something you could do. Could comment in the section for commenting on BOTM
            Use this forum to comment on Photo-of-the-Month winners. Please include the year and month of the photo you are commenting about in the title of your thread. Do not post pictures to this forum.
            Last edited by Redman; 12-09-2017, 08:21 PM. Reason: picture

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
            GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

... I didn't know there was anything I could do to acknowledge it. Am I supposed to do something?
              I believe that coffee and donuts for EVERYBODY is the standard practice.

sigpic
              mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
              hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
              #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
              #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
              Family Portrait
              Siblings and Spouses
              Mom's first ride
              Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
              (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
                I believe that coffee and donuts for EVERYBODY is the standard practice.

Sounds like a great idea, but I may have to rent out the MI stadium to accommodate everyone on the Forum. Dimo's donuts for all!

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
                  I believe that coffee and donuts for EVERYBODY is the standard practice. .
                  If "everybody" is considered a relative term then it's not an impossible suggestion.

Sounds like a great idea, but I may have to rent out the MI stadium to accommodate everyone on the Forum. Dimo's donuts for all!

http://www.dimosdelianddonuts.com/
                  That venue may be a bit optimistic. Even though there are over 7k members only 670 are "active", and with less than 20 guests at the moment, a high school gymnasium would suffice. Logistically maybe 60 dozen donuts (a pick up truck load) and assuming each has an 8oz cup-O-Joe, 60 pots of coffee or roughly 45 gallons. Give or take...
                  Roger

Current rides
                  1983 GS 850G
                  2003 FJR 1300A
                  Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Originally posted by pete View Post
                    It was really just there and back so only just over 100km's, but a few of us headed over to one of the other Katana Australia fella's house for a BBQ brekky and a chin wag.

A very enjoyable morning out and perfect sunny weather for it, definitely getting on the warm side on the trip home!

I remember when those Katana's first came out and they were in all the magazines... OMG did I have a lusting for those damn bikes!! I still think they look sexy as hell. I didnt have nearly the pocket for it but now maybe I should keep an eye out for one just so I can scratch it off the bucket list.

Comment

Pete, are they using the styrofoam blocks for ground floor insulation or are they wall material?
                      2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Yep Redman, we get that strange thing over here they call sunshine

I live in Queensland, nicknamed the Sunshine State

Boriqua, I can only agree 100% with your sentiments, and you guys get the opportunities for dirt cheap Kats over there, so definitely keep your eyes open! People want stupid money for not so good examples here now, which is why I'm justing building mine a bit at a time as I couldn't afford a complete project Kat.

Not sure Steve, that lot there is all vacant and truth be told I didn't pay that much attention... but looking now they're some good sized blocks!
                        1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
                        1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

It was overcast and pretty windy but still a nice day out. was about 77F perfect temps

Went through Usery to bush hway.
                          There is a huge sign on the side of a mountain on the road through usery. I am not sure of its history. I guess if you are in a plane it might be a good way marker. Phoenix .. dat way!

This is what lines both side of the road. Beautiful but you dont want to accidentally veer off because it would hurt bad. Forget the crash .. it would be hours of removing spines.

Its a nice little 8 mile road and on the decent you have all the mountains in the background. The road has some nice twists. Just enough to keep it interesting if you want to push some.

Along bush hway you have several of these rock faces that are just amazing. So beautiful as you head right at them

And there is my girl at the end of bush hway. Past here is gravel road and BLM land. Lots of dirt bikes, dual sports and atv's and an impromptu shooting area.

Last edited by Guest; 12-11-2017, 05:09 PM.

Comment

This is cruel punishment for us folks up here in the North. It was overcast all day, and didn't get warm enough to melt the snow that fell yesterday. The low this coming Tuesday night is supposed to be 4 degrees. But thanks for sharing anyway! And that sure is a pretty 750 you have there!

Comment

I like the bubble face shield, I have a helmet with a bubble shield too.
                              "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
                              1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
                              1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
                              1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

Well we got about 4 inches of snow... Rode the 250 for a good chunk today!

More snow in the forecast... My registration card is still in the mail from the DMV for the TUX (lost it on my trip to TN and back this past August). Once I get it I'll bring it in for inspection. I was followed by a police officer today for a couple of miles. Thought he'd pull me over but he didn't Nice to get out. It was in the mid 20's bike ran like a champ!!!
                                Jedz Moto
                                1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                                1988 Honda GL1500-6
                                2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
                                2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                                2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
                                Originally posted by Hayabuser
                                Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Working...
                                X