No announcement yet.

anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wasn't familiar with the VanVan until I saw them mentioned in this forum. Looks like a neat little runabout!

Comment

Originally posted by MI GS850G guy View Post
      I wasn't familiar with the VanVan until I saw them mentioned in this forum. Looks like a neat little runabout!
      It may be the most fun bike I have ever ridden. It's certainly keeping the mileage down on my Hayabusa.
      2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT
      2007 Triumph Bonneville T100 w/sidecar

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post
        Harley Almost didn't start this morning... Might need to start taking the FZ again. HAHA

She fired after some coaxing. Made it to work and it ran like an animal on the way in!

No Snow yet... I'm still riding!!!

Been at work for over 2.5 hours and the bike is still covered in frost
        Nice!!! I have eyed these XR's for years and I really don't know why I haven't popped on one. You got the best color combo of the three (I think) available. Have fun!

I did own a 2001 sportster 1200 custom a while back. Almost no miles put on it. It was fun riding around the block but not much farther. I have to believe your xr bike is a much better bike to ride.

Comment

They are hard to come across.. Originally it was what I was looking for. Just could never find one.

I rode a brand new Sportster Roadster 1200 and it felt like a GS with club-mans and decent suspension, nothing like a new motorcycle. This XR being an 09 was hands down quicker and handled far better. Motor is also much better on the XR1200. The Dyno showed 80.41 WHP @7K RPM. Which is decent for a stock Sportster. The torque is where it's at... It's a great motorcycle. Shame Harley stopped making it.

I'll take it over a Triumph any day...
          Jedz Moto
          1980 Suzuki GS1000G
          1988 Honda GL1500-6
          2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
          2020 Honda Monkey Z125
          2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
          Originally posted by Hayabuser
          Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

They are hard to come across.. Originally it was what I was looking for. Just could never find one.

I rode a brand new Sportster Roadster 1200 and it felt like a GS with club-mans and decent suspension, nothing like a new motorcycle. This XR being an 09 was hands down quicker and handled far better. Motor is also much better on the XR1200. The Dyno showed 80.41 WHP @7K RPM. Which is decent for a stock Sportster. The torque is where it's at... It's a great motorcycle. Shame Harley stopped making it.

I'll take it over a Triumph any day...
            A few years ago they were for sale all the time, usually in the 8k Range with a couple thousand miles. You are correct about today, I did a search on CL in my surrounding states, as well as eBay and nothing! I guess the owners see the value in then since they no longer make them.

Comment

Originally posted by Vmass View Post
              A few years ago they were for sale all the time, usually in the 8k Range with a couple thousand miles. You are correct about today, I did a search on CL in my surrounding states, as well as eBay and nothing! I guess the owners see the value in then since they no longer make them.
              They are highly collectible. I nabbed this one with 2.5K miles... Guy bought it to collect. Now I'm riding the Snot out of it. Well not now that they turned Route 73 (my road) into a salty sand box...

Very hard to find. I was the first to inquire after my dealer called me to ask if I was interested. Ended up having 3 more people look to buy in the 20 hours I inquired and the swapped. My dealer called me because of my obvious hip issue with the XG but they also wanted to see an XR1200 ridden... It was designed for the European/sport touring market... It's a damn good machine for that type of riding.

Awesome machine, for a Harley that is . I love it... And I can't explain why. ...
              Last edited by Jedz123; 11-20-2017, 07:09 PM.
              Jedz Moto
              1980 Suzuki GS1000G
              1988 Honda GL1500-6
              2020 Honda Monkey Z125
              Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Temps above 40F so good excuse to ride the GS out by the local farm country.

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

Too Damn nice to keep it inside!!

A tad over 100 miles.
                  Jedz Moto
                  1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                  1988 Honda GL1500-6
                  2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

A tad over 100 miles.
                    If we get a reasonably warm day in the next few weeks we should meet up around the state line and swap bikes for a ride before the snow flies. Harleys can be fun too!

Comment

Originally posted by lurch12_2000 View Post
                      If we get a reasonably warm day in the next few weeks we should meet up around the state line and swap bikes for a ride before the snow flies. Harleys can be fun too!
                      You know me Steve, I only buy the fun ones!!!

Yesterday would have been the perfect day... I'm pretty much booked for the rest of this weekend/year. First Family Christmas starts next weekend...
                      Jedz Moto
                      1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                      1988 Honda GL1500-6
                      2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

No pictures, but I rode the GS to the monthly Goldwing chapter meeting last night. 52 degrees on the way down. 46 degrees on the way home. A couple hours after getting home, I looked out the back door and saw snow on the grass.

It will be back up around 50 this weekend, I might get the last few miles needed to roll over 30,000 on the odometer.

sigpic
                        mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
                        hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
                        #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
                        #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
                        Family Portrait
                        Siblings and Spouses
                        Mom's first ride
                        Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
                        (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
                          No pictures, but I rode the GS to the monthly Goldwing chapter meeting last night. 52 degrees on the way down. 46 degrees on the way home. A couple hours after getting home, I looked out the back door and saw snow on the grass.

It will be back up around 50 this weekend, I might get the last few miles needed to roll over 30,000 on the odometer.

Phew!!! Missed that one by a nix of time!
                          Snow and motorcycle are no fun... Unless your on a TU250X!
                          Jedz Moto
                          1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                          1988 Honda GL1500-6
                          2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

Man oh man .. 85F today so although I had a bunch of work to do I just had to go out. My bike is running so damn sweet!! I just went around the area but my area is filled with mountains and saguaro and just beautiful desert. No pix but I found a new spot that will be perfect for some. So glad I moved to AZ but even more happy I moved to mesa just a few miles from BLM land, Tanto national forest and Usery Mountain. Cant ask for better weather or scenery.

Comment

Originally posted by Boriqua View Post
                              Man oh man .. 85F today so although I had a bunch of work to do I just had to go out. My bike is running so damn sweet!! I just went around the area but my area is filled with mountains and saguaro and just beautiful desert. No pix but I found a new spot that will be perfect for some. So glad I moved to AZ but even more happy I moved to mesa just a few miles from BLM land, Tanto national forest and Usery Mountain. Cant ask for better weather or scenery.
                              Can't wait to see some pictures!!!

I live vicariously through all you guys in the winter when I can't ride! So be sure to post some shots once you can!
                              Jedz Moto
                              1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                              1988 Honda GL1500-6
                              2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

A tad over 100 miles.
                                That bike looks so nice .. right up until I look at that thinly padded seat! I had the 1200 roadster in ORANGE which was basically a 1200 sporty with flater bars and the foot controls were under your feet and not out ahead of you. Believe I bought it in 2003. It was actually a blast to ride and make noise with although it was still incredibly top heavy. Of the Harley's I have had I would take that one back in a heartbeat.

If I knew that my wife would let me out on the bike alone .. yea yours would be at the top of the list. Looks fun!

Comment

Working...
                                X