anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Redman View Post
    Yah, Some of the Texas guys that I knew, from GSR Texas Hill Country rally March 2005, said they have two main riding seasons: Spring and Fall.
    But sounds like you do get in some riding in summer. And I suppose they did too, just cut back on distance, and morning better.

They had a spring rally in March and then a fall rally in October (I think, maybe was November) for a few years prior to 2005 and only a couple years after.
    One of the GSR members Gregory and I went out Monday on about a 125 mile trip. We started out in the morning when it was only in the 80's but by 3:00pm on the way back it was in the mid 90s and was starting to wear me out. It was a really good ride for the most part though.
    1982 GS1100E "Jolene"

Comment

Originally posted by Downs View Post
      No pictures but went out for a short 40 mile loop before it started getting warm. Texas summers probably keep me off the bike more than winter time does. Going out in 100+ degree days to pound out the miles isn't my idea of fun so I try to get shorter rides in during the summer time. If I get up early enough I'll try to get out to do a 100 or 150 mile loop somewhere. That usually gets me back to the house right as the temps break into the 90s.
      I'll probably try another ride up to Beavers Bend/Broken Bow this fall and it'll take me pretty close to you in Greenville so I'll try to keep you posted if you're interested.
      1982 GS1100E "Jolene"

Comment

Originally posted by Downs View Post
        No pictures but went out for a short 40 mile loop before it started getting warm. Texas summers probably keep me off the bike more than winter time does. Going out in 100+ degree days to pound out the miles isn't my idea of fun so I try to get shorter rides in during the summer time. If I get up early enough I'll try to get out to do a 100 or 150 mile loop somewhere. That usually gets me back to the house right as the temps break into the 90s.
        Yup already over 100f around here. I dont mind riding in it but went shooting yesterday and couldnt find a shade tree to put the bike under. An hour later I went to sit on the bike and I think I have third degree butt burns!! Whew

Was a sweet ride though and I think I have found my summer oil so it was all good .. except for the burning butt part

Comment

Originally posted by TxGSrider View Post
          One of the GSR members Gregory and I went out Monday .....
          Hum... So you, this Gregory and Downs; There are 3 of you right there. You guys pic a weekend in say October, pic some location, post about it, plan a route, see who else can join in, call it a rally.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
          GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Hum... So you, this Gregory and Downs; There are 3 of you right there. You guys pic a weekend in say October, pic some location, post about it, plan a route, see who else can join in, call it a rally.

If such an event was in Amarillo that would be totally doable from here.
            Roger

Current rides
            1983 GS 850G
            2003 FJR 1300A
            Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Had to grab a downtown pic... Put about 100 miles on the B-12 today.

Got home and realized I could roll (more like click) over to 4K miles on the T-120

Than I worked on the J750 I picked up for dirt cheap...

The trip:

Bigger day in the saddle planned tomorrow
              Jedz Moto
              1980 Suzuki GS1000G
              1988 Honda GL1500-6
              2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
              2020 Honda Monkey Z125
              2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
              Originally posted by Hayabuser
              Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

I posted the idea in the fall but didn't get any takers but if I do it again this year I will sure post it up.
                1982 GS1100E "Jolene"

Comment

My poor bike has only seen the road once in the last 6 months or so... Have to go see my Father In Law 30 minutes away this morning and the forecast is somewhat clear. I'm taking the chance to at least get the juices flowing a bit. Stupid rain, work, and all sorts of responsibilities!!!

Comment

Hey Mario.
                    I’ve yet to get out for a ride during normal persons hours, but normal hours would require actual planning these days which as you know is a bit tough. We need to set something up......
                    sigpic
                    When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                    -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                    -Rusty old scooter.
                    Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                    https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                    https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

It was a good day........
                      The dog woke me up at 6 30....... he doesn't understand the concept of weekends. I took care of him, went outside and had a glorious hour and a half nap on the couch on the patio, lulled back to sleep by chirping birds and the sounds of spring. Family time during the day, a surprise from my older son by his joining me for a dog walk tonight, then a ride in the warm, humid, showery weather. I will go to bed with a smile.
                      http://Suzuki by Glen Brenner, on Flickr
                      sigpic
                      When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                      -Rusty old scooter.

Comment

Yup...... that certainly does sound like a good day Glen!

Comment

2nd that, I would love to have a day like that...
                          So glad you had a good day Glen!
                          Jedz Moto
                          1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                          1988 Honda GL1500-6
                          2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
                          2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                          2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
                          Originally posted by Hayabuser
                          Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Thanks....
                            Then something went wrong. I could not sleep last night and was awake until 4am, then had very odd dreams when I finally did fall asleep. Very unusual for me. Oh well.
                            sigpic

Glen
                            -Rusty old scooter.

Comment

Grass drags at lime rock speedway this past weekend. I gave it a shot with skunk #1. Street tires class which included, to my dismay, enduro bikes with street knobbies. I'm thinking next year I could get a more aggressive tire for the occasion cuz I think I coulda been a contender.

Screenshot_2018-06-04-05-19-12-1.jpg

Sadly I didn't get paired with either of the harleys in my class. I think you know how that would have gone.
                              2002 bmw r1150gs 1978 gs1000E skunk les pew 1979 gs1000L dragbike
                              82 gs1100L probably the next project
                              1980 gs1000G the ugly 1978 gs750E need any parts?
                              https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m_m2oYJkx1A
                              1978 gs1000E skunk #2 RLAP

Comment

Thats so cool. Hell yes, knobby tires next year!
                                sigpic

Glen
                                -Rusty old scooter.

Comment

Working...
                                X