No announcement yet.

anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recent morning ride, got to observe a few county plow trucks (blade under, and wing blade out one side or the other).

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
    GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
      Recent morning ride, got to observe a few county plow trucks (blade under, and wing blade out one side or the other).
      We're seeing a lot of that these days, aren't we Red? I'm leaving for a week of warmth in San Diego on the 24th; by then, I'll be SOOOO ready!

Comment

Originally posted by MI GS850G guy View Post
        We're seeing a lot of that these days, aren't we Red? ..........
        Further south got more, down by Buffalo Bill and twr1776.

Wife and I also have a winter escape plan whos time is approaching, which should then provide for some actual ride-riding pictures (although goofy thing with cylinders sticking out both sides).
        Last edited by Redman; 02-12-2018, 08:22 PM.

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

And I rode in! 38' came in as the Sun was rising.... It was Awesome!!!

Man it's the first time I've ridden with such a huge weight loss (230lbs fall vs 195lbs this AM)... Amazing how much faster the bike feels with all that gut weight gone!
          My Boss told me he was going to put me on administrative leave for riding such a gorgeous machine on these crappy roads...
          HAHA Spring is coming... If it likes it or not!
          Jedz Moto
          1980 Suzuki GS1000G
          1988 Honda GL1500-6
          2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
          2020 Honda Monkey Z125
          2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
          Originally posted by Hayabuser
          Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post

Man it's the first time I've ridden with such a huge weight loss (230lbs fall vs 195lbs this AM)... Amazing how much faster the bike feels with all that gut weight gone!
            My Boss told me he was going to put me on administrative leave for riding such a gorgeous machine on these crappy roads...
            Ran across this the other day. Says the Sportster Evo engine is "flawless". The rest, a disaster waiting to happen. http://www.jamesrussellpublishing.bi...buyharley.html
            sigpic
            09 Kaw C14 Rocket powered Barcalounger
            1983 GS1100e
            82\83 1100e Frankenbike
            1980 GS1260
            Previous 65 Suzuki 80 Scrambler, 76 KZ900, 02 GSF1200S, 81 GS1100e, 80 GS850G

Comment

We set out yesterday morning for a ride to see the Bosque Del Apache wildlife refuge. Leaving Albuquerque at 11 am it was already warm enough to wear non insulated riding gloves. A bit uncommon for this time of year but the warm weather is very much welcomed for our anniversary ride. It's already been 12 years since we tied the knot. Here's the route we took. Basically just a straight shot down I-25. Very light midweek traffic which was nice. We held a steady 70 mph and never got passed. Fuel mileage is pretty good at that speed. It's amazing how twisting the throttle just a bit more reduces the overall range per tank.

It was about lunch time when we came to a rest area along side I-25 so we had a sandwich and stretched our legs for a few, then made it to San Antonio. The wildlife refuge is a short distance from there.

We pulled up to the gate and had to pay an entrance fee, which we didn't discuss before hand. I had no cash and my wife had only three of the five bucks required for the fee. Since they didn't accept a Visa or any electronic payment, we said we'd turn around and go down the road. The lady at the gate said she'd accept the three bucks and hope we enjoy the ride around the park. I told her how grateful we were as we just rode a hundred miles to get there and it was our anniversary. When she heard that she said, just keep the three bucks and head on in. By this time we had dismounted, pulled helmets off and ear plugs out. Another park ranger showed up and gave us the lay of the land, so to speak. Apparently two weeks ago we could have seen thousands of snow geese but we arrived between peak times for this. We did see some sandhill cranes, a few different kinds of ducks, geese and other species of birds.

On the way back home we stopped in Socorro for gas as it clouded up and started raining. Nothing more that a light drizzle fortunately as we didn't bring rain gear, but all the way home just a steady light rain. In all a real nice way to spend our anniversary.

Some of the cranes are visible here.

Roger

Current rides
              1983 GS 850G
              2003 FJR 1300A
              Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Wow, congratulations on the accomplishment!

I've never been able to gain weight. Still about 8 pounds lighter than I was on the last day of high school nearly 30 years ago.
                Roger

Current rides
                1983 GS 850G
                2003 FJR 1300A
                Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Originally posted by bobgroger View Post
                  Ran across this the other day. Says the Sportster Evo engine is "flawless". The rest, a disaster waiting to happen. http://www.jamesrussellpublishing.bi...buyharley.html
                  I got the bike with 2.5K miles on it. Bike runs amazingly well and is very smooth with great low and mid range power.
                  I did read up and folks say these bike will happily yield 100K miles without grief. The motor is more Buel than HD.
                  I'm not 100% sold on Harley and if it breaks down you guys will be the first to know about it, actually my followers will be but It will trickle over here.
                  You can follow me on Youtube for I will be vlogging and podcasting allot on this bike. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7J..._as=subscriber.
                  I have no brand loyalties... I got my XR-12 because the Motor Company wanted to keep me on a HD after bringing back my Brand New Street-Rod... Amazing how fast that XR showed up when I said it was the only other HD I'd wanted. It was either that or a refund... SO "poof" the XR arrived.
                  Jedz Moto
                  1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                  1988 Honda GL1500-6
                  2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                  Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Burque73 View Post
                    Wow, congratulations on the accomplishment!

I've never been able to gain weight. Still about 8 pounds lighter than I was on the last day of high school nearly 30 years ago.
                    Thanks Roger!!!
                    I have been training for a half marathon and sub 20 minute 5Ks out of need to loose weight and better my physical health so I can be the best motorcyclists I can be! I'm actually wearing my clothes back from high school were I was an active runner in X-county and track... Must be nice to not gain weight!
                    I run 4-5 miles every day and 6+miles Saturday. Today is my crush day where I try to get my 5K time as low as I can. I'm still very much off my target but I'm in the 25-28 minute 5K range... Few more months I should be in the low 20's... I should also be in my target weight of 185lbs...
                    Right now I feel so much better with nearly 40lbs of fat and bloated gut gone... Different man!

Thanks again!!!
                    I'm also glad I can start trying to keep up with you in riding again
                    Last edited by Jedz123; 02-15-2018, 12:33 PM.
                    Jedz Moto
                    1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                    1988 Honda GL1500-6
                    2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

...................... our anniversary ride. ..................
                      Roger,

So, for your anniversary, on Valentines day;
                      .... you went for a ride.... both of you went for a ride....
                      .... both of you went for a ride some hours on the highway.....
                      .... had packed sandwiches for lunch, roadside....
                      .... rode on the highway in the rain....
                      .... and was a good way to spend your anniversary.
                      I assume she thought so too (else you would not say it was good).

That IS good.

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
                        Roger,

So, for your anniversary, on Valentines day;
                        .... you went for a ride.... both of you went for a ride....
                        .... both of you went for a ride some hours on the highway.....
                        .... had packed sandwiches for lunch, roadside....
                        .... rode on the highway in the rain....
                        .... and was a good way to spend your anniversary.
                        I assume she thought so too (else you would not say it was good).

That IS good.

Yep, two up for about six hours minus stop and eat/ stretch/ watch birds etc. Her first time using ear plugs and I doubt she'll ride without again!
                        Roadside lunch was fun. Even the rainy day made for memorable adventure.
                        I told her if she enjoyed the day half as much as I did then she really enjoyed it, haha. And yes, she did (more than half as much I'd say)
                        Good times.
                        Roger

Current rides
                        1983 GS 850G
                        2003 FJR 1300A

Comment

Yep, two up for about six hours minus stop and eat/ stretch/ watch birds etc. Her first time using ear plugs and I doubt she'll ride without again!
                          Roadside lunch was fun. Even the rainy day made for memorable adventure.
                          I told her if she enjoyed the day half as much as I did then she really enjoyed it, haha. And yes, she did (more than half as much I'd say)
                          Good times.
                          That is Awesome! 6 hours in the saddle is good! So you guys coming out to brown County this year for sure!?
                          Jedz Moto
                          1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                          1988 Honda GL1500-6
                          2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

That is Awesome! 6 hours in the saddle is good! So you guys coming out to brown County this year for sure!?
                            We often enjoy day long rides together. Such a blessing to have a like minded wife in that respect. There are times when she just says, you go and have fun I don't feel like riding today, in those instances I'm likely to just hop on the KLR for a different sort of adventure.

As far as Brown County, we're talking about it frequently. Just took all of my year end financial stuff to my CPA and now we wait to see if our estimated tax payments throughout the year were short, enough or by some miracle too much. The outcome will help us nail down a definite answer.
                            Roger

Current rides
                            1983 GS 850G
                            2003 FJR 1300A

Comment

I rode solo to church and got lost for a while afterwards. Man, the bike (and I) just wanted to keep riding. Gorgeous day for it too.

I stopped at this cool old water tower and had to grab a pic. Such a nice day...

Roger

Current rides
                              1983 GS 850G
                              2003 FJR 1300A

Comment

I rode solo to church and got lost for a while afterwards. Man, the bike (and I) just wanted to keep riding. Gorgeous day for it too.

I stopped at this cool old water tower and had to grab a pic. Such a nice day...

That ain't fair. We were thrilled that it got up to 39 today and much of the snow has melted. Soon Scott, soon.....

Comment

Working...
                                X