anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Joegs1100gk View Post
    Sorry mate no idea. I didn't know many people there this year. I'm sure the Kat forum will know who owns these though. Cheers.
    No worries Joe, figured it wouldn't hurt to ask
    1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
    1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Originally posted by Joegs1100gk View Post

I don't know anything about if it's a "real" Kat or not, but I sure do like the way it looks. I might like this better than a "real" Kat. Did they sell that in the U.S.?
      Last edited by gbw; 03-20-2018, 03:40 PM.
      Current: 2014 BMW R1200GS, 2009 Triumph Tiger 1050, 1996 DR350SE
      Previous: 2022 GSX-S1000GT+, 2007 GSF1250SA Bandit, 2008 DL1000 V-Strom, 1977 GS750B

Comment

Originally posted by gbw View Post
        I don't know anything about if it's a "real" Kat or not, but I sure do like the way it looks. I might like this better than a "real" Kat. Did they sell that in the U.S.?
        They did come to the US, but they are very rare. Didn't sell well at all.
        1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
        2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
        2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
        Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Get "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at https://tro.bike/podcast/ or wherever you listen to podcasts!

Comment

I bought a year old 82 550 katana when I was 16 or 17...my neighbor bought a brand new 650 katana... they were both pigs.
          No signature

Comment

I actually wouldn't mind one in place of my 450 for the daily rider duties if I ever have to let it go... still keep the 1100 Kat for the weekend fun once it's done of course! Some of my riding buddies wouldn't be impressed but I don't mind

Of course I'd like a 750 popup to be in the mix as well because they're quite enjoyable to ride...
            1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
            1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

First ride of 2018 on my Tuono. Sure is a lot faster than the cb400 I have been riding.

1983 GS1100E project

Comment

^Mild understatement lol

Comment

Originally posted by Tripledij View Post
                  First ride of 2018 on my Tuono. Sure is a lot faster than the cb400 I have been riding.

HAHAHA NICE!
                  Congrats on the new bike!
                  Jedz Moto
                  1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                  1988 Honda GL1500-6
                  2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
                  2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                  2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
                  Originally posted by Hayabuser
                  Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

I got this tuono almost a year ago, but since this was my first ride on it this year it felt like a new bike.
                    1983 GS1100E project

Comment

What do you think of the handlebar angle?
                      I test rode one in 2012, I guess it was and still is the newest bike I've ever ridden, but the bars felt at a odd angle.
                      Maybe the newer ones are different.
                      That thing was ridiculously quick and grunty.
                      Probably the nicest bike I ever rode.
                      GS\'s since 1982: 55OMZ, 550ES, 750ET, (2) 1100ET\'s, 1100S, 1150ES. Current ride is an 83 Katana. Wifes bike is an 84 GS 1150ES

Comment

Originally posted by Carter Turk View Post
                        What do you think of the handlebar angle?
                        I test rode one in 2012, I guess it was and still is the newest bike I've ever ridden, but the bars felt at a odd angle.
                        Maybe the newer ones are different.
                        That thing was ridiculously quick and grunty.
                        Probably the nicest bike I ever rode.
                        I really like it. I grew up riding dirt bikes, so I feel right at home. Last year I put 8000 miles on it, including numerous 350-500+ mile days and it's very comfortable for me. Just for reference, I am 6'1" and 200 and too many pounds.

If anything, I wouldn't mind adding Aprilia Mana risers, as this bar has very little rise. I had a 2009 Tuono V2 before this bike which had a couple more inches of rise, and it seemed about right.

I haven't ridden the V4 1000 tuono, so I can't compare it. Speaking of grunty, I do love the third gear wheelies with no clutch-up needed.
                        1983 GS1100E project

Comment

I took the GS/Harley out for it's initial 20 mile shake out run this afternoon. Better than any Harley I've ridden!
                          [IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
                          Last edited by Guest; 03-23-2018, 02:21 PM.

Comment

Rip on the old Bandit.
                            You can just admire the picture.

Warning As is with all my Videos... Profanities are present.
                            Nice to finally get out and blast!
                            Forgot how fast that bike was.
                            Jedz Moto
                            1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                            1988 Honda GL1500-6
                            2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                            Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post
                              Rip on the old Bandit.
                              You can just admire the picture.

Warning As is with all my Videos... Profanities are present.
                              Nice to finally get out and blast!
                              Forgot how fast that bike was.
                              AAAHHH...the Bandit has returned! I will be demanding a ride on it this season. After all, I have 10k miles and a few seasons vested in that bike. I remember taking it to work and easily hitting 130mph+ on the Everett Tpke and then coming to my senses. But I did get pulled over at 80+ once, but the young cop was flabbergasted to see grandpa riding it when I flipped my helmet up, and let me off with a warning! I'm not one for wheelies but a few times on quick starts to beat traffic off green lights that bike would lift easily in 2nd gear unintended. Now pick a warmer day and enjoy the ride better. BTW, I put a set of Shinko 009's on that bike but hopefully after all this time those aren't the same set!?

Comment

Hahaha it's awesome we can share some like experience with it! Your always welcome to anything in the heard Steve!

The thing is stupid quick. You don't really appreciate something till it's gone (twice I guess for me,). Compared to the XR-12 I just put 2.5K miles on this thing is a Motorcycle that suites me.

So I threw a new set of 009's back when I bought the bike back. (The 2nd time). I have brand new Pilot road 4GT tires on their way, smae with new pads, brake lines, fork seals and boots, Givi top rack and a new top case. I officially have the XR-12 under the knife as I ready it for weekend warrior only rides. The ole B-12 will be the primary this year!
                                Jedz Moto
                                1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                                1988 Honda GL1500-6
                                2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

Working...
                                X