No announcement yet.

anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

most of the snow has melted and i got a couple shortish rides in...yay!

sunday, low 60s and sunny, i headed out with no plan but stopped at my gixxerpunk kid's house and got involved in beer and wheeler riding instead. it's good to be a grandpa so you can just say, " I think your kid is pooping." and then just step back and laugh.

20180422_165939[1].jpg
    2002 bmw r1150gs 1978 gs1000E skunk les pew 1979 gs1000L dragbike
    82 gs1100L probably the next project
    1980 gs1000G the ugly 1978 gs750E need any parts?
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m_m2oYJkx1A
    1978 gs1000E skunk #2 RLAP

Comment

Originally posted by Eli69 View Post
      It's good to be a grandpa so you can just say, " I think your kid is pooping." and then just step back and laugh.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]54740[/ATTACH]
      Having never had kids of my own, I doubt I'll ever know that particular pleasure. But I'll take your word for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Eli69 View Post
        [ATTACH=CONFIG]54740[/ATTACH]
        Ah, mobile diaper changing station.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
        GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

GK at 80K

Breakfast ride was all the ride for yesterday. Just over 40degF.
          Was overcast, so good for photo.

GOt sprinkled on before got back home.

Breakfast ride again this morning, about 40degF, to meet with a friend, also recently retired.
          THen headed out for a bit of a ride.
          Stopped at the office/shop to review a customer request for some revisions to a system I was familiar with. Was good just to talk about it, and not have to deal with it any more than that.
          Was also good to hear about some complications and frustrations going on with some other projects ..... and to be able to say "That, That I do not miss at all." and then walk away and go for more of a ride.

THen rode out into the country side for the afternoon. About 50 degf.
          Saw that was approaching 80K miles and said I would stop right at the 80K.
          But I wasnt sure if all the digits would roll over at same time, or if some would before others, so stopped at 79999.7 when all the 9s still lined up.
          Then continued along and all the 9s did roll over to zeros at all at same time, so I stopped again.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
          GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Man that sure is a good looking GK you have there Dave - especially considering you've got 80K miles on it! I think in my mind, this series of GS-G's is the way bikes are supposed to look. I know I'm going to get grief for saying that, but that's the way I see it. I love my new (to me) GSX1100G, but I may still keep my eye out for an '83 or '84 GS1100G.

And just think..... in just a few more years, I'll be able to retire too! Right now, to me, retirement means having a home that I'm proud of, with a two (at least) car garage to keep my nice car and two motorcycles in, and the time to go ride whenever I feel like it. The west coast of Michigan is actually not a bad place to do that from.

Comment

Got out for the first real ride of the season. 150 miles total to a town on the other side of these mountains (Rockies) including a couple of alternate routes like the one in the picture. Perfect clear blue sky day.

by soates50, on Flickr
              '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

Originally posted by Sandy View Post
                Got out for the first real ride of the season. 150 miles total to a town on the other side of these mountains (Rockies) including a couple of alternate routes like the one in the picture. Perfect clear blue sky day.

by soates50, on Flickr
                Spectacular shot!
                I hope to be up that way via Rt 93 in mid June, after passing through Montana. Is that view taken on 93?

Comment

Originally posted by lurch12_2000 View Post
                  Spectacular shot!
                  I hope to be up that way via Rt 93 in mid June, after passing through Montana. Is that view taken on 93?
                  Sort of pretty close. Are you taking #93 north and then slightly west to #93/95 north or going east when you hit #3? If you're going to be doing #93/95 north then this is actually a little short cut between a place called Warner and Fort Steele. It's called the Wardner to Fort Steele Road. #93 actually joins #95 giving you #93/95 until you reach Radium Hot Springs where it splits becomes #93 again heading through the parks. You parallel those mountains for about 100 miles. What brings you to the neighbourhood?
                  '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

Originally posted by Sandy View Post
                    Sort of pretty close. Are you taking #93 north and then slightly west to #93/95 north or going east when you hit #3? If you're going to be doing #93/95 north then this is actually a little short cut between a place called Warner and Fort Steele. It's called the Wardner to Fort Steele Road. #93 actually joins #95 giving you #93/95 until you reach Radium Hot Springs where it splits becomes #93 again heading through the parks. You parallel those mountains for about 100 miles. What brings you to the neighbourhood?
                    Ok, I see that shortcut off 93 and joins back with 95. Duly noted and yes I would be travelling 93 to 95. I would be heading to Banff too and camping. Any suggestions on basic tent type campgrounds with more rustic non-RV type camping in and around that area? I figure that the summer rush may be on during that time. Eventually up Dawson Creek to the AL-CAN hwy via Rt 40. Open to various(better) routes too.

...and pertinent to this thread on my ride today I went off the dirt roads with the VX in search of some hiking trails on foot.

[IMG][/IMG]
                    Last edited by Guest; 04-25-2018, 08:27 PM.

Comment

Beautiful picture, Sandy.
                      From the look of terrain i am guessing you could share notes with Earl on avoiding deer.
                      2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Originally posted by steve murdoch View Post
                        Beautiful picture, Sandy.
                        From the look of terrain i am guessing you could share notes with Earl on avoiding deer.
                        Yeah, they're a way of life out here. We've moved recently and because my wife loves gardening I'm in the process of putting up 190' of fence around the back yard .....again. We actually had a doe camping out in the back yard all winter. It would head off around 7:30 am and return sometime during night. Only 2 real mishaps on motorcycles since moving here 40 years ago. One was coming over a rise going way too fast on my '83 750 Inteceptor and got on the brakes a little too hard, ended up a little sideways at about 80mph, got some speed rubbed off and had a minor off road excursion but no crash or damage and the other was a front wheel lock up on my FZ750 before I put the track compound tires on it and resulted in a minor low side. Otherwise you just have to pay attention.
                        Last edited by Sandy; 04-25-2018, 11:15 PM.

Comment

<No pics sorry >
                          Went for a burble from Perth northern suburbs to a small community called Guilderton (also locally known as Moore River coz it's on the banks of Moore R. !!) about 90kms/56mi North.
                          The good wife took 4 grandkids up there for a bit of a break during our Western Australian school holidays so I decided to go up there to have lunch with them.
                          Bike performed flawlessly, although the 90kph speed limit on a fair section of the road didn't let me give it its head!! Couple of straight section runs tho', and the throttle was duly opened with a very satisfying growl from the twin Marvings at 60/70mph!!
                          Love this bike!!
                          Cheers, Andy

Current bikes... 78 GS750E, 72 CB500K1
                          Previously owned...
                          01 VFR800Fi, 67 Honda Sports 90
                          71 Yamaha 175 CT2, 73 Yamaha RD250 (great bike!), 79 Yamaha XT250T
                          75 Kawasaki KX125 (little screamer!)
                          BMW R65, BMW R80, BMW R100LT

Comment

POURING RAINS
                            Still riding though!

I got around to installing the aftermarket exhuast components... What a difference in sound AND POWER! This thing doesn't move like a twin... Triumph made a good one here!

I also Got the Rear rack on and Givi plate mounted... Hard case luggage looks decent on the bike.
                            Jedz Moto
                            1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                            1988 Honda GL1500-6
                            2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
                            2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                            2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
                            Originally posted by Hayabuser
                            Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Jedz, I say this to you a lot...... but enjoy the new ride.
                              sigpic
                              When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                              -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                              -Rusty old scooter.
                              Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                              https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                              https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
                                Jedz, I say this to you a lot...... but enjoy the new ride.
                                HAHAHA Variety is the spice of Life DB!
                                Jedz Moto
                                1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                                1988 Honda GL1500-6
                                2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
                                2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                                2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
                                Originally posted by Hayabuser
                                Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Working...
                                X