anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Burque73 View Post

One more. I had to stop when I saw these two upright goal post looking radio towers.

....... with the moon perfectly centered between them. Another great shot Roger!

Comment

Originally posted by lurch12_2000 View Post
      A nice evening to take the bike out and stop by a local fishing hole.

[IMG][/IMG]
      WHAAAA Is that the same bike I rode before!?! Soooo Much better in the purple!
      Jedz Moto
      1980 Suzuki GS1000G
      1988 Honda GL1500-6
      2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
      2020 Honda Monkey Z125
      2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
      Originally posted by Hayabuser
      Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Nice Blast yesterday again... Route 100 was great... No traffic.

Ended up meeting up with my Buddy and his RC51 for some nice riding in the Adirondacks. Nice to blast some miles off with him!

He had me on the flats... But he could not keep up in the twistys... Testament to not what you ride but how you ride it!
        Jedz Moto
        1980 Suzuki GS1000G
        1988 Honda GL1500-6
        2020 Honda Monkey Z125
        Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Burque73 View Post

What kind of GS for sale?

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
          GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
            What kind of GS for sale?
            Its the rare PI GS. 314cc.......

Nice batch of pics over the last several posts.
            sigpic
            When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
            -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
            -Rusty old scooter.
            Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
            https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
            https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
              Island BMW bike night

Great pics!!!!

BUT

HAHA
              (coming from a guy with an obnoxiously red helmet.)
              Jedz Moto
              1980 Suzuki GS1000G
              1988 Honda GL1500-6
              2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

Originally posted by lurch12_2000 View Post
                A nice evening to take the bike out and stop by a local fishing hole.

[IMG][/IMG]
                I have not seen this particular model before. Interesting...like a junior GSX1100G but with a V-twin.
                Current Bikes:
                2001 Yamaha FZ1 (bought same one back)

Comment

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
                  Its the rare PI GS. 314cc.......

on the engine case it says

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Had in mind for today to be an all day M-22 day, but other things intervened.
                    Then was going to have a 5-6 hour ride, but other stuff happened.

Did get out for about 3 hours.

Lots of bugs on windscreen, a few weeks early for that.
                    Was upper 70, near 80s, a few weeks early for that.

And predicted humidity dewpoint in 60-70s in a few days, way, way too early for that.

Ride today included a little diversion on dirt road to find this bridge/creek, and made it my roadside picnic lunch stop.

Greg78gs750 will recognize the roads in 3 of the pictures as being his ride-to-work route.

ANd then went beyound Greg's route.
                    That is the Musgegon River right there.

These are my go-for-ride-once-in-awhile roads, .... and where visitor will likely get taken (hint hint.)
                    Last edited by Redman; 05-25-2018, 03:16 AM. Reason: Greg78gs750 will recognize

Comment

PI, ha, funny guys. So clever, all I could think was mmmmm bacon!
                      Roger

Current rides
                      1983 GS 850G
                      2003 FJR 1300A
                      Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Yep, Summer Holiday weekend in Grand Haven.
                        Yep, state park beach parking lot full.
                        Lots of boats going thru channel, lots of boats out in the lake. Lots of people on the beach.

Upper 70s near 80, only a little bit humid. (If further inland, like Grand Rapids, is over 90.)

Lake Michigan water temp at beach is about 50. About nobody in the water.
                        Traffic backed up down by beach. Maybe about my last time to go down there during weekend for 3 months.

Stopped for a Butchie Beach Burritto, sat and watched boat traffic, beach traffic, and lots of folks walking to/from beach to/from downtown.

Could have got a picture of big group of kids going bye wearing, ah, um, wearing beach attire, but i would be acting like a creeppy ol' guy.

Comment

No pictures to share, and it wasn't much of a ride, but I did ride to Dexter and back along Huron River Rd. It is a really nice, low-speed parkway, one lane in each direction, and exquisitely scenic. My destination? Dairy Queen!

Comment

I went for a afternoon ride to Pittsburgh to get a picture for "Photo of the Week". I climbed up Mount Washington. When I got to the top (look out point) I was greated to a gathering of motorcyclist. The guy riding a custom Buel cafe styled motorcycle was telling me all about his motorcycle. I was telling the kid on the 250cc racer, "when I'm on the highway people get out of my way" his response was " they get out of my way too"! Haha the smart azz. It was a hot summer day in the city. ☺
                            Attached Files
                            My Motorcycles:
                            22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
                            22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
                            82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
                            81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
                            79 1000e (all original)
                            82 850g (all original)
                            80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

A little ride out in Surrey, UK today - great weather for it :-)

ppsDSC_4909.jpg
                              Argee

sigpic

1982 GS1100GL

Comment

I went for a ride today up to Lake Erie. I took the coastal highway west all the way to Toledo. I stopped at Tony Packo's for lunch. And guess who came in and sat down right beside me? Nope, not him, but some stranger from Detroit... haha It was a hot day with temperatures touching 95° however about 10 degrees cooler by the lake. I'm pretty tired after riding 400 miles in the sun and heat. Oh and after eating them Hot Dogs!!
                                Attached Files
                                My Motorcycles:
                                22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
                                22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
                                82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
                                81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
                                79 1000e (all original)
                                82 850g (all original)
                                80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Working...
                                X