anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jswhite View Post
    You’re right super flat. But if I look in the other direction there are mountains that climb 4000 plus feet from the valley floor. [ATTACH=CONFIG]55670[/ATTACH]
    Here, let's put the rubber back down! Nice view from there of the Sandia's. That means watermelon in Spanish. At sunset the mountains have red and green colors that make them look like a giant watermelon. Maybe you knew that already???

Roger

Current rides
    1983 GS 850G
    2003 FJR 1300A
    Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

No pics, but I took a ride tonight. By 11 00 this morning everything was on my last nerve. The ride helped.
      sigpic
      When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
      -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
      -Rusty old scooter.
      Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
      https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
      https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

A short ride at sunset/in the dark to try and scrub the new tires; the tape and writing is gone from the tires but I still have some nubs on the front I need to get rid of on Saturday.
        Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
        1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
        2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
        Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
        and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

475 miles today from home to Mount Pleasant, Iowa with pretty much all but the first 50 and last 80 on the slab. Thought I might be able to stay dry based on the projected radar but had to put the rain gear on just before Indianapolis and didn’t take it off until Bloomington IL. I’ll do the last 270 or so miles into Omaha tomorrow and then hope we can finish the work early this week. May decide to take the LONG way home back through Kentucky. Bandit ran great averaging maybe 44mpg or so
          Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
          1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
          2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
          Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
          and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

well I will be the dissenting voice on hi viz. I personally don't think its that drivers don't see you .. I think they see you fine .. I think that most of them just think you are unprotected and when they make the left in front of you it is a solid "FU deal with it."

Its your antennae not your clothing that will get you home.

Having said that .. there are times when it may provide added security. Before I left NYC I rode my bicycle to work about 12 miles one way though heavy traffic. I installed one of those blinking led lights on the front and back and damn if you couldn't see it from a mile + away.

I left before the sun was up and often rode home after it was down .. at least the drivers who cared saw me and the ones who didnt had a clear shot.

But in my experience .. they just don't care, thinking you have to give right of way or die and challenge you by doing unsafe stuff. I see it on almost every ride over almost 40 years.

Comment

We are experiencing uncharacteristically warm weather for winter at around 26°C the last few days!

Went for breakfast in Franschhoek and then rode halfway up the mountain pass to get a picture of the valley below. With many winding turns, the pass is a favourite of bikers and drivers of sports cars as well.

1981 GS850G "Blue Magic" (Bike Of The Month April 2009)

1981 GS1000G "Leo" (Bike Of The Month August 2023)

Comment

Arrived back from my trip. I had 2 days off for my sister had her baby and I grounded the Bonneville in Nashville Tennessee area. Still for 5 days of travel I grabbed 2900 miles and change.

Started out on in PA met up with the traveling picnic, Nice to meet Carl and Ryan (his son), rode route 666 and blasted out some decent miles before slabbing to TN.

Hit allot of rain on my 800 mile slab to TN, I grounded out for my sister went into labor... Nice to be the first relative to meet my niece! super cute...

Wednesday I headed to Asheville NC but hit tail of the dragon and took the back way to get to Asheville... Met up with my buddy Doug with www.Amenmoto.com .

The next day Doug and I rode the whole Blue Ridge Parkway to DC... 544 miles in about 13 hours. It was epic. Lots of fun!

Then it was an easy 500 mile slab back home, Got home around 6:45PM and spent a relaxing weekend bumming around and doing yard work before coming back to the grind at work.

What an awesome trip!
                Jedz Moto
                1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                1988 Honda GL1500-6
                2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
                2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
                Originally posted by Hayabuser
                Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Great pictures as usual. Thanks.
                  sigpic
                  When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                  -Rusty old scooter.

Comment

I just picked up the VMax on Saturday, and since it hadn't been on the road in awhile, took it for about a 50 mile ride. Too hot and I had things to do at home, or I would have ridden it further. Visited my wife at the VA cemetery. I wanted to see if she was spinning in her urn after me buying bike number 3. She's cool with it, lol.

1982 GS1100 G converted by Motorcyclist magazine in 1986 to be a tribute to the Wes Cooley replica. 1982 Honda 900F. 1997 Yamaha VMax.
                    Also owned: 1973 Kawasaki Z1 900, 1972 Honda 750 K, 1976 Yamaha XS 650, 1980 Kawasaki KZ 1000 MKII, 1978 Kawasaki SR 650. Current cage is a 2001 Mustang Bullitt in Dark Highland Green. Bought new in Sept. 2001.

Comment

Quite a light show last night. I finally caught a strike on film.

Roger

Current rides
                      1983 GS 850G
                      2003 FJR 1300A
                      Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Bad a%$$$$$$$
                        Jedz Moto
                        1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                        1988 Honda GL1500-6
                        2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
                        2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                        2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
                        Originally posted by Hayabuser
                        Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Damn, Roger!

Originally posted by Burque73 View Post
                          Quite a light show last night. I finally caught a strike on film.

Comment

That is sooooooo cool!
                            sigpic

Glen
                            -Rusty old scooter.

Comment

That's a great pic!
                              1982 GS1100E "Jolene"

Comment

Next time Roger wins the "pic of the week" game, the new theme will be "your bike with a lightning bolt." LOL

Nice pic!
                                Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                                '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Working...
                                X