anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by StratJeff View Post
    Drove up to Buena Vista on Friday,...........................
    Impressive photos.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
    GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Got bike back together.
      Went for evening test ride .... and went thru local cemetery.

Saw 2 bucks and 2 does grazing thru.
      They barley noticed me stop and get off the bike.

Cemetary is connected to wooded dune park land and a few neighborhoods.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
      GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

That's great Redman!

I went to Cape Henlopen beach today and saw about 20 deer grazing in the surrounding forest area. They didn't have a care either...sorry no pic.

Ed
        GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
        GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
        GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
        Originally posted by GSXR7ED
        Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Originally posted by AMXsteve View Post
          [ATTACH=CONFIG]56149[/ATTACH]
          We made it to mosport and had a great day watching vintage racing. many old gs bikes represented and hauling ass on the track. there was a concours show as well very cool
          Nice subdued shots of cool bikes.
          GS\'s since 1982: 55OMZ, 550ES, 750ET, (2) 1100ET\'s, 1100S, 1150ES. Current ride is an 83 Katana. Wifes bike is an 84 GS 1150ES

Comment

I'm going for a ride today... Last Friday, I felt a cold coming on, by Saturday morning I felt like crap! I thought, what the heck I don't get colds in the summer? This getting older thing sucks. My big weekend plans dashed. After two days stuck at home, I'm feeling much better today. I'm not sure where I'm going to go, but being Labor Day I'm sure I'll stumble upon a car show or town festival. It's going to be a HOT one today, but that's what I need a good sweat!🌞
            My Motorcycles:
            22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
            22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
            82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
            81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
            79 1000e (all original)
            82 850g (all original)
            80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

this shot from today's ride around central PA was almost worth getting rained on.
              Rich
              1982 GS 750TZ
              2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
              Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Although my original riding plans for the weekend were unfortunately shot down this past Thursday, I still managed to get out for 300+ miles today. Heading south for Kentucky, I made my way to the Anderson Ferry to cross over the Ohio River and dump me off on KY-20. I spent the rest of the day on some roads I had ridden before and quite a few new ones that, if it weren't for the GPS in some cases, I probably wouldn't have attempted. Like Storm said, it was definitely a hot one today but felt nicer in Kentucky than Ohio. I seriously felt like I hit a wall of humidity once I got back into Ohio this afternoon.

The maps - first the Ohio side:

Map of Falmouth Ride Ohio Side by Scott Baker, on Flickr

And the Kentucky side:

Map of Falmouth Ride Kentucky Side by Scott Baker, on Flickr

On the way down to the ferry I came across this nice little warning from the police of this little town just west of Cincinnati

Stop Sign Warning by Scott Baker, on Flickr

Once at the ferry, I met up with some Harley riders that boarded before me. One of the guys asked if I was hot in my gear; I explained that yes I was when at a stop but was fine when riding and would much rather keep my skin. Of course, his wife handed him a cheapo half helmet as the ferry arrived at the other side.

Anderson Ferry Across Ohio River by Scott Baker, on Flickr

I had lunch at a nice little place in Dry Ridge that makes their own bread for their sandwiches (mostly cold and a few hot but no burgers). They included some donut holes (they are a bakery as well) and the coleslaw was decent.

A few changes to the route happened after lunch only because the GPS tried to send me down the interstate for which I didn't want. However, once I started off on a different path the GPS quickly re-calculated and got me back on the main route with some more options thrown in there. I mean, where else would you find road names like California Crossing or Shaw Goetz?

KY-177 by Scott Baker, on Flickr

Corner of Shaw Goetz and California Crossroads by Scott Baker, on Flickr

And an old abandoned duplex of some sorts back in behind the trees

Abandoned Duplex by Scott Baker, on Flickr
                Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

We have the little fuzzy guy with us, showing him some sights. Yesterday included the New River Gorge Bridge.

Today, he didn't think we would get to see much.

The fog cleared up after a while, he got a MUCH better view of the northern Virginia countryside.

Will continue tomorrow.

sigpic
                  mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
                  hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
                  #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
                  #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
                  Family Portrait
                  Siblings and Spouses
                  Mom's first ride
                  Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
                  (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Nice shots fellas!
                    Jedz Moto
                    1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                    1988 Honda GL1500-6
                    2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
                    2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                    2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
                    Originally posted by Hayabuser
                    Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Looks like Stator has a new patch.

V
                      Gustov
                      80 GS 1100 LT, 83 1100 G "Scruffy"
                      81 GS 1000 G
                      79 GS 850 G
                      81 GS 850 L
                      83 GS 550 ES, 85 GS 550 ES
                      80 GS 550 L
                      86 450 Rebel, 70CL 70, Yamaha TTR125
                      2002 Honda 919
                      2004 Ural Gear up

Comment

Sunset after scrubbing out my new rear tire on the Brandon Gap.

A Red Shot:

Just a juicy power plant...
                        Jedz Moto
                        1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                        1988 Honda GL1500-6
                        2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                        Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

After yesterday's view of fog through the windshield, Stator was happy to get above the clouds today and look down on what he was trying to see through yesterday.

This is on the Buena Vista overlook on the Blue Ridge Parkway.

A few hours later, he thought his trip was over.

Strangely, when the bike was upright, it didn't leak, only when on the side stand. I have had a mild leak during the trip, thought it might be the cam chain tensioner, but this pretty much proves it's the base gasket. A quick search found that the nearest town was about 10 miles away, so we went there, found a NAPA auto parts store, got some brake cleaner and some JB Weld Quick Formula. Sprayed the base gasket area with brake cleaner, mixed up the JB Weld, gooped on a couple of coats then went for lunch while it set. (Sets in 6 minutes, cures in 4 hours.)

After lunch, we topped off the oil (it didn't take much) and hit the road. A couple of hours later, everything is still bone dry (outside the engine), so our trip will continue.

Last edited by Steve; 09-04-2018, 11:04 PM.
                          sigpic
                          Family Portrait
                          Siblings and Spouses
                          Mom's first ride
                          Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)

Comment

Travel safe Steve!!!
                            Jedz Moto
                            1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                            1988 Honda GL1500-6
                            2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

Originally posted by gustovh View Post
                              Looks like Stator has a new patch.

V
                              Yeah, he got a New River Gorge Bridge pin yesterday and a Blue Ridge Parkway pin today.

sigpic
                              Family Portrait
                              Siblings and Spouses
                              Mom's first ride

Comment

Sunday rode to breakfast with the bike club. Riding home, bike broke down. Losing power, and then wouldn’t start, then would start but over 2000 rpm makes cracking sound from pipe and runs rough. Turned off, cooled, started again, idiles fine, take revs fine at first, but then crackling noise and rev drop. Towed home. Will try to ride it 2 km to bike shop this morning.

I wonder if it’s bad gas, or a plogged fuel filter. I’ll post when I know.
                                1982 Suzuki GS650G

Comment

Working...
                                X