No announcement yet.

anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Monday, went for an evening ride. Was upper 70s, like a real nice summer day, and not even humid.
    Knew it was my last chance for a few days, would be making a 3 day trip across the state to help my brother move, and then a day or two helping them move in nearby here.

Rode out of town, then came back about sunset, but came back on other side of the channel.
    Lot less people there, and found a way to get bike right next to the channel ...
    ... started down that way, but, oh, wait, there is a Sheriff boat ....
    ... okay, now it is past. Now get down there while Still some sunset left.

Went for a bit of ride after sunset, then home.

So this morning, 55 degF, rode to a Saturday breakfast, and out for a bit of a ride afterwards.
    Stopped here, bridge over a bayou off the river.
    Was about to take picture, when I looked again and traffic was fairly heavy for me to be stopped there where about no shoulder of road.

So took one pic real quick, and got out of there.
    I must be a lot more tired than I thought, from the 4 days of helping moving.
    (I say I was "helping", but brother is in wheelchair, and his wife and my wife were of limited help....So....)
    Last edited by Redman; 09-22-2018, 05:18 PM. Reason: wording

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
    GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Grabbed the GS today from the garage and tried to ride around town to blow out the dust but couldn't make it last very long thanks to a storm system that came through. May try to get back out tomorrow afternoon.
      Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
      1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
      2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
      Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
      and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Storm system? Hey leave me out of it! (that's my e-mail address) ha. It was overcast most of the day, but no rain. Anyway, I thought I'd take advantage of the cool weather today (57 this morning warming up to 68). I'm doing the southeast Ohio ride today and tomorrow! I'm at a Super 8 in Marietta, Ohio now. Tomorrow I'll work my way north. Beautiful roads and a lot of fresh pavement and minimal traffic. Tomorrow should be a tad warmer with more sun. Perfect 👍
        My Motorcycles:
        22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
        22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
        82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
        81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
        79 1000e (all original)
        82 850g (all original)
        80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Originally posted by storm 64 View Post
          S................ I'm at in Marietta, Ohio now. ...............
          Oh!
          Went there in van with other folks for daughters crew regatta there.
          On the trip I was looking around and just about hollering "why am I in a van, why am I not on motorcycle.....?!?!?"

So, tell us more.

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Busy morning in Siskiyou county. Opening day of deer season and a balloon fair.

Balloon fair 002 by gillinghams2007, on Flickr

Balloon fair 001 by gillinghams2007, on Flickr
            sigpic
            83 GS1100g
            2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

I just got home from my southeast Ohio blitz! I rode some of that triple nickel (rt555) I still say that road is to narrow and to many blind turns for spirited riding. It is dangerous! I went to National Trail Raceway (a drag strip). I chatted with a fellow about helping me put my drag bike back on the track. My race bike has been sitting in the basement for heck 20 years. I have a nice old school chassis, but it need modern electronics and updated. We'll see what direction I want to go with it... I met a cute waitress at Shoneys this morning at breakfast. Told her I'll be thinking about your smile all day! I knew it was going to be a good day🌞
              My Motorcycles:
              22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
              22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
              82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
              81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
              79 1000e (all original)
              82 850g (all original)
              80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Did not ride much this week, other than short ride of to coffee one time, and a couple short errands. Just too busy with other stuff; moving brother yet, and projects at home.

Did ride out to breakfast this morning. 50 DegF, and sun just barley up. Yep, things are changing.

Then rode to grandson soccer match about 20 miles away.
                Good to get out, but was in a direction where all the roads are straight and flat.
                Saw lots of old farms and some newer big farms.

Saw this sign related to a roadside stand of one of the old farms.

Made me wonder about the flowers I had seen earlier in the day.

Comment

Me and the wifey last Saturday finally were able to take the Can-Am out for a 250 mile ride. Did learn I have to do something with the grips, a bit too narrow and make my hands hurt. Found the cure, well hopefully the cure. Foam grip add ons. Come highly recommended. Anyways, we rode to the Golden Aspen Fest rally in Ruidoso NM. Trinity Site is on tap for this Sat. That's gonna be a 300+ ride.

scan0001.jpg
                  Last edited by mrbill5491; 10-01-2018, 02:06 PM.
                  sigpicMrBill Been a GSR member on and off since April 2002
                  1980 GS 750E Bought new in Feb of 1980
                  2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

Originally posted by mrbill5491 View Post
                    Me and the wifey last Saturday finally were able to take the Can-Am out for a 250 mile ride. Did learn I have to do something with the grips, a bit too narrow and make my hands hurt. Found the cure, well hopefully the cure. Foam grip add ons. Come highly recommended. Anyways, we rode to the Golden Aspen Fest rally in Ruidoso NM. Trinity Site is on tap for this Sat. That's gonna be a 300+ ride.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]56392[/ATTACH]

Bill, I didn't realize you were married. Is this a recent event?
                    sigpic
                    83 GS1100g

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie G View Post

Bill, I didn't realize you were married. Is this a recent event?
                      Yup, fairly recent, we got married on June 23 at SunSpot NM. yeah the place that was all abuzz in the news recently lol. Met her a year and a half ago, we decided to tie the knot. My 750 was able to handle us but the mileage and age was on borrowed time and she wants to do some serious touring. I found this Can Am on Craig's list nearby and she bought it! It's a 2015 RTS, had 2,500 miles on it.
                      sigpicMrBill Been a GSR member on and off since April 2002
                      1980 GS 750E Bought new in Feb of 1980
                      2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

Took a ride to the town reservoir, parked the bike, tuned it off and heard something rustling the leaves behind me. Turned around and saw the first porcupine (other than dead on the road) I've ever seen in the wild. I thought that that was pretty cool.

Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more from users like RichRod.
                        Last edited by Rich82GS750TZ; 10-04-2018, 09:28 PM.
                        Rich
                        1982 GS 750TZ
                        2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
                        Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Now that's something you don't see every day. Cool.
                          Larry

'79 GS 1000E
                          '93 Honda ST 1100 SOLD-- now residing in Arizona.
                          '18 Triumph Tiger 800 (gone too soon)
                          '19 Triumph Tiger 800 Christmas 2018 to me from me.
                          '01 BMW R1100RL project purchased from a friend.

Comment

Originally posted by mrbill5491 View Post
                            Yup, fairly recent, we got married on June 23 at SunSpot NM. yeah the place that was all abuzz in the news recently lol. Met her a year and a half ago, we decided to tie the knot. My 750 was able to handle us but the mileage and age was on borrowed time and she wants to do some serious touring. I found this Can Am on Craig's list nearby and she bought it! It's a 2015 RTS, had 2,500 miles on it.
                            Congratulatios Bill, I quess I missed that! If she want to tour, you need to do that.
                            sigpic
                            83 GS1100g

Comment

Ride after work on the parkway

Comment

Good looking bike. I still have a desire to own one of those someday.
                                Larry

'79 GS 1000E
                                '93 Honda ST 1100 SOLD-- now residing in Arizona.
                                '18 Triumph Tiger 800 (gone too soon)
                                '19 Triumph Tiger 800 Christmas 2018 to me from me.
                                '01 BMW R1100RL project purchased from a friend.

Comment

Working...
                                X