No announcement yet.

anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hope some of you got out for a Christmas Day ride too!

2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT
    2007 Triumph Bonneville T100 w/sidecar

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Hayabuser View Post
      Hope some of you got out for a Christmas Day ride too!
      Here's mine!

These are the first bike pictures I've taken with the 35mm f1.8 lens I got last week for my a6000 and am really happy with the results. Also I just got the notice from flickr that they're capping the free option with 1000 pictures. Going to have to pay $3.54 a month now to upload...
      1980/1981 GS450 - GS500 Cylinder + Piston Swap - "De-L'ed", custom seat, CB350 bits, 18" rear, etc.
      1977 GS550
      1977 GS750 - Cross country trip thread

Comment

Can you delete the ones you don't like and keep it under 1000?

Comment

Originally posted by B.C.G.S. View Post
          Can you delete the ones you don't like and keep it under 1000?

I haven't looked into it a ton yet but I believe so, yes. I hate to fall into their ploy but am probably going to end up buying it. Half of the reason being so that I can keep posting pictures on here and be able to find pictures easily and remotely. Either that or until then I'll just be uploading my entire photo library...
          1980/1981 GS450 - GS500 Cylinder + Piston Swap - "De-L'ed", custom seat, CB350 bits, 18" rear, etc.
          1977 GS550

Comment

Christmas ride today. As it was sunny,I asked my wife if we needed anything for Christmas dinner tonight. She mentioned we probably could use some gherkins, so a GREAT excuse for a ride. The store was about a 1/4 mile down the street, so I went in the opposite direction, for about 40 miles. When I got back to my bike after my purchase, I thought to myself that it was rather strange that nobody complimented me on my bike, as it always happens, (yeah, yeah, I know. Mr. big head). Sure enough, a guy came out of the store and said, "BEAUTIFUL bike. I had to take a picture of it to show my buddy who has a 900 Kawi and would appreciate it." I thanked him. I don't have to tell most of you this, I'm sure it happens to you too.

Christmas Ride 2018.jpg
            Kevin
            E-Bay: gsmcyclenut
            "Communism doesn't work because people like to own stuff." Frank Zappa

1978 GS750(x2 "projects"), 1983 GS1100ED (slowly becoming a parts bike), 1982 GS1100EZ,
            Now joined the 21st century, 2013 Yamaha XTZ1200 Super Tenere.

Comment

After opening presents and a great breakfast I went out for a spin. Went into town and around Dallas Rd...lots of people walking, riding bikes and golfing. Man I love living here!

Victoria Golf course...oldest club in Canada on it's original site...1873 I think...out Pebble Beach.

No signature

Comment

Originally posted by sam000lee View Post
                I haven't looked into it a ton yet but I believe so, yes. I hate to fall into their ploy but am probably going to end up buying it. Half of the reason being so that I can keep posting pictures on here and be able to find pictures easily and remotely. Either that or until then I'll just be uploading my entire photo library...
                Just open a second free Flickr account using a different e-mail address. I just did that myself.

Great to see the other Victorians out and about but even more so of a bike wearing Massachusetts plates!
                2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT
                2007 Triumph Bonneville T100 w/sidecar

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

Beautiful shots Gents!

Sam, I take your comment as you're using an old school manual lens on a digital camera?
                  sigpic
                  When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                  -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                  -Rusty old scooter.
                  Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                  https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                  https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
                    Beautiful shots Gents!

Sam, I take your comment as you're using an old school manual lens on a digital camera?

It's a new lens made for my (digital) camera but old school in the sense that it's prime meaning no zoom. It has autofocus but also a manual focus ring. Huge improvement from the kit lens and I wish I had done this a year ago!

Originally posted by Hayabuser View Post
                    Just open a second free Flickr account using a different e-mail address. I just did that myself.

Great to see the other Victorians out and about but even more so of a bike wearing Massachusetts plates!
                    Hadn't even thought to do that hah! I use flickr quite a bit so the convenience of having all of the pictures in one place is nice. On the other hand I hate paying for things I don't have to...
                    1977 GS550

Comment

Cool, thanks. I just got a digital camera as a Christmas gift. I've barely scratched the surface as far as learning it's features, but I do love it so far.
                      sigpic
                      When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                      -Rusty old scooter.

Comment

Originally posted by sam000lee View Post
                        It's a new lens made for my (digital) camera but old school in the sense that it's prime meaning no zoom. It has autofocus but also a manual focus ring. Huge improvement from the kit lens and I wish I had done this a year ago!
                        Love my primes....best way to go. I almost never use a zoom lens.
                        Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                        '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
                          Cool, thanks. I just got a digital camera as a Christmas gift. I've barely scratched the surface as far as learning it's features, but I do love it so far.
                          Hahaha....You are in it deep now....

Setting up the Panasonic GX85

Lumix DMC-GX85 Training Guide

That'll get ya started....
                          Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                          '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Thanks, I'll take a look. Yesterday was busy, and I really didn't get to fiddle with it until late. I took a few low light pics of the Christmas tree and our of dog. Initial impressions are wonderful.
                            sigpic

Glen
                            -Rusty old scooter.

Comment

Go for ride?
                              Once a week ago, and once 5 weeks prior.

Mostly looking at pics & stories here.

Originally posted by mcycle-nut View Post
                              .................a guy came out of the store and said, "BEAUTIFUL bike. ........................, I'm sure it happens to you too.
                              Sometimes. ANd I wonder if they they are just yacking or if they have some appreciation-experience-familiarity with vintage bikes. So I often asks them if they have any guess as to what year. Then I can tell their level of experience-knowledge in about 2 seconds. If they seem puzzled or have no idea then I know they are just yacking, and I let them off the hook and I tell them. If they seem to have some familiarity-experience they will say something like "I had a blah blah and my buddy had a yaddi yaddi kinda like that......", so then I know they may want to talk or are actually interested.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                              GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

One of the best and most puzzling compliments I got about my motorcycle was when I was in downtown Cleveland. It was a Sunday morning, not much traffic at all. As I was sitting at a red light a Mercedes Benz pulled up next to me, a sharp dressed colored man with his wife and two kids in the back. He said to me "Now that's a classic!" He turned to his wife and told her what a classic motorcycle it was. She had a look on her face that said very nice honey but quit bothering the man. I told him "it's a 79" He shook his head and gave me the thumbs up as I rode off... I would have liked to have chatted with the fellow, he seemed to know about motorcycles.
                                Last edited by storm 64; 12-26-2018, 02:57 PM. Reason: spelling
                                My Motorcycles:
                                22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
                                22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
                                82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
                                81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
                                79 1000e (all original)
                                82 850g (all original)
                                80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Working...
                                X