X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dear Penthouse.....
    2002 bmw r1150gs 1978 gs1000E skunk les pew 1979 gs1000L dragbike
    82 gs1100L probably the next project
    1980 gs1000G the ugly 1978 gs750E need any parts?
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m_m2oYJkx1A
    1978 gs1000E skunk #2 RLAP

Comment

We had a spot of sunny weather here. I Had a BLAST riding my 87 Honda CBR600 up and down country roads, gettin' my TT Hooligan rush big time.
      Went home, got my cameras and took this video to share.
      "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
      1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
      1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
      1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

Forgive me, Forum,
        For it has been 4 weeks since my last ride.

My excuses are that it was cold and rainy for a while, then I was sick for a while, then it was colder and snowy for a while, and then cold and rainy for a while. (but good, wash off roads of salt).

Frost on the pumpkin this morning and 36degF.
        GOt things I need to be doing today, but is partly cloudy and forcaset for storms the next few days.

Put the electric gloves wiring harness back in old jacket, and head out for a short ride.
        Went out of town a ways, then back into town. Want to see if can find a way into the state park beach area (closed to traffic this time of year) and if parking lot there not too deep of sand.

Found way between post in nearby "Fishermans" parking lot. And found some ways around not too deep of sand.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
        GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Thanks for the pics Dave. Was having withdrawals.
          Current Bikes:
          2001 Yamaha FZ1 (bought same one back)

Comment

So besides causing chit in the vortex... ....I took the afternoon off to get out for my traditional BD ride. Thanks goodness I live in the part of Canada!

No signature

Comment

I got 130 miles in today as we had 59° with barely any wind. Tomorrow's high is to be 37°. I find this is the best battery tender known to man. This was our 3rd consecutive day of 50° readings. Next week we will be paying for this warm spell.
              Larry

'79 GS 1000E
              '93 Honda ST 1100 SOLD-- now residing in Arizona.
              '18 Triumph Tiger 800 (gone too soon)
              '19 Triumph Tiger 800 Christmas 2018 to me from me.
              '01 BMW R1100RL project purchased from a friend.

Comment

Originally posted by alke46 View Post
                I got 130 miles in today as we had 59° with barely any wind. Tomorrow's high is to be 37°. I find this is the best battery tender known to man. This was our 3rd consecutive day of 50° readings. Next week we will be paying for this warm spell.
                Indeed!

We struggled to reach 45° here, but in spite of the rain and chilly temperature it was still nice to ride for a while and charge up the battery. Kinda charges my battery too as this weather has me down.

Found a decent spot to see the snow building on the Sandia Mountains.

Last edited by Burque73; 12-08-2019, 07:32 PM.
                Roger

Current rides
                1983 GS 850G
                2003 FJR 1300A
                Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Managed to get away from working on Christmas gifts and put in about 90 minutes today on the Bandit as the weather finally got back into the 50s. It's short-lived though as tomorrow is nothing but rain/snow mix and then we have the really chilly weather the rest of the week.

Sure was nice to get some road time in though I would have liked to have done the run through Kentucky like I wanted. Oh well, next time it warms up

Bandit Under Corwin Bridge by Scott Baker, on Flickr
                  Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                  1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                  2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                  Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                  and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Originally posted by Burque73 View Post
                    Indeed!

We struggled to reach 45° here, but in spite of the rain and chilly temperature it was still nice to ride for a while and charge up the battery. Kinda charges my battery too as this weather has me down.

Found a decent spot to see the snow building on the Sandia Mountains.

Beautiful pic, Roger.
                    Looks like one from the archives of CJ with the "depth" aspect.

Just curious, is that a residence in the background on the left?
                    Having that vista out your back door would be fantastic.
                    2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Originally posted by steve murdoch View Post
                      Beautiful pic, Roger.
                      Looks like one from the archives of CJ with the "depth" aspect.

Just curious, is that a residence in the background on the left?
                      Having that vista out your back door would be fantastic.
                      Wow, thanks for the compliment. ColoradoCJ, if that's who you're referring to, has an exceptional talent for photography. My style, by way of comparison, is more haphazard pull over-snap-and ride type photos.

That is in fact a residence in the pic. There are lots of houses in that area of the foothills east of town. I consider them fortunate to live there for the most part. When it snows here, sometimes multiple feet in one storm, they get the brunt of it and plows are slow to clear those roads. Also, mountain lions, bobcats and raccoons are among the frequent nocturnal visitors in that neighborhood, not to mention rattlesnakes, scorpions, centipedes and such. But the view is nice. We often cruise that area at night to view the city lights and the Christmas lights the residents put up.
                      Roger

Current rides
                      1983 GS 850G
                      2003 FJR 1300A
                      Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Had our local Katana Christmas ride yesterday. Great turnout and the weather was kind to us by not being too hot and not raining.

Untitled by starpoint73, on Flickr

1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
                        1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Fantastic, Pete!
                          World's Katana Kapital? .... I hope the fires are dying back in Oz...funny to see an IGA store. They were "big" here too, in BC (Independent Grocer's Assoc.?)

Comment

Hahaha I think we'd probably be the biggest group of active Katana riders down under, but the Kapital would have to be Japan. There's a Japanese fella on our forum who shares pics of Katana events in Japan and they make the eyes boggle!

Yeah IGA is a big thing here trying to compete with the big two chains (Coles and Woolworths), not actually sure what it stands for though...
                            1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
                            1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Finally figured out how to post a picture. Month & half old picture, whoops.
                              20191025_161642 by Carter Turk, on Flickr
                              GS\'s since 1982: 55OMZ, 550ES, 750ET, (2) 1100ET\'s, 1100S, 1150ES. Current ride is an 83 Katana. Wifes bike is an 84 GS 1150ES

Comment

Originally posted by Gorminrider View Post
                                Fantastic, Pete!
                                World's Katana Kapital? .... I hope the fires are dying back in Oz...funny to see an IGA store. They were "big" here too, in BC (Independent Grocer's Assoc.?)
                                Exactly yup yup
                                sigpicMrBill Been a GSR member on and off since April 2002
                                1980 GS 750E Bought new in Feb of 1980
                                2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

Working...
                                X