No announcement yet.

anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Been riding in to work this week, loving the weather, which has been unusually mild (and overcast yesterday, with some light rain). 28 mile commute makes it a joy.
    "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
    ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
    1982 CB900f

Comment

Another dentist appointment meant another opportunity to take the long way home afterwards but the weather had other plans. 30-35 MPH winds out of the southwest made my ride down to the dentist look like I was drunk as I kept weaving inside the lane to each gust. After the appointment, I thought I could head out west and come back in on one of my favorite routes. I knew we were getting rain but thought I could beat the storm until I saw a few lightning strikes in the near distance. Turning east a lot further south than I wanted I ran back towards the house and managed to only get spit on instead of the full blown downpour the storm delivered a few miles north of me.

South look of storm by Scott Baker, on Flickr

I missed the view that really showed the downpour here as I was stopped in the road on the edge and felt I needed to hurry to let the cars by me but trust me when I say it was looking pretty heavy.
      North look of storm by Scott Baker, on Flickr
      Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
      1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
      2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
      Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
      and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Pulled into a National Forest Campground in the Missouri Ozarks Tuesday night hoping to spend the night and hit road again yesterday morning. It started raining that night is is finally letting up, had to "Ford" the road to get out this afternoon! Hopefully it dries up a bit by morning, going to make it over to Branson tommorow.IMG_20190502_142053708.jpg
        1980 Yamaha XS1100G (Current bike)
        1982 GS450txz (former bike)
        LONG list of previous bikes not listed here.

These aren't my words, I just arrange them

Comment

Originally posted by LAB3 View Post
          Pulled into a National Forest Campground in the Missouri Ozarks Tuesday night hoping to spend the night and hit road again yesterday morning. It started raining that night is is finally letting up, had to "Ford" the road to get out this afternoon! Hopefully it dries up a bit by morning, going to make it over to Branson tommorow.[ATTACH=CONFIG]57896[/ATTACH]
          Oh man. I rode through a few like that in MA, going to and from work in the Spring some years when everything would flood.

Comment

Got GK back together and running last night.

Just in time for this morning to be the first time this week that is 40 degF or above and not raining.

Stopped at state park beach for pic.
            P1030032 by Dave Redman, on Flickr

P1030039 by Dave Redman, on Flickr

THen took highway out of town for a good shakedown.
            Running pretty good. Rev up lot better than before.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
            GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Bike looks great Dave!

Mine is trashed! We have had nothing but pouring rains, mist and from lows in the high 30's and highs in the low 40's in weather all week... Still racking my minimum 100 miles a day regardless. I think my rear tire is still hanging on because the rain is keeping the tire cool...

Bike is going to roll over to 29K miles on my way home. Hoping to snag 30K soon! Ordered my fluids and filter for the 30K service... I also have to swap out the rear, this road 5 has lasted me 9K miles... Which is good and surprising. I think the rain is stretching it's life... It's just about kicked though...
              Jedz Moto
              1980 Suzuki GS1000G
              1988 Honda GL1500-6
              2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
              2020 Honda Monkey Z125
              2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
              Originally posted by Hayabuser
              Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post
                ............. We have had nothing but pouring rains, mist and from lows in the high 30's and highs in the low 40's in weather all week... Still racking my minimum 100 miles a day regardless. ...
                Impressive.
                (I used to ride to work in such, but that was only about 12 miles. Well, not so much TO work, but a lot HOME from work.)

One good thing can say, if is raining a lot, then road grime doesnt accumulate.

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
                  Impressive.
                  (I used to ride to work in such, but that was only about 12 miles. Well, not so much TO work, but a lot HOME from work.)

One good thing can say, if is raining a lot, then road grime doesnt accumulate.
                  Your bike does look great. Guess your shoe shine technique did the trick on those pipes.

Interesting point there about road grime. It doesn't get washed away here very often. The MSF instructors suggested waiting to ride for the first twenty minutes until the road got a good rinse. The problem is it seldom rains for that long anyway, so then what? I just proceed cautiously assuming every corner is covered in snot and the cars, if they somehow manage to see me, now can't even stop if they try.
                  Roger

Current rides
                  1983 GS 850G
                  2003 FJR 1300A
                  Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Originally posted by Burque73 View Post
                    . . . . . . Guess your shoe shine technique did the trick on those pipes......
                    Yah, have to keep after it. Is a few places where have lost the battle, but try to keep it from not getting worse.

Today: Out for ride to breakfast.
                    THen afterwards took ride south along the lakeshore.
                    Can see up into the wooded dunes (by summer can not see too far into there)

Good road, some curves in many places, some inclines in a few places.

Oh! Sunshine! Almost forgot what that is like.

Yah, was saying that sunshine and 55 degF, this is great, wonderful, exciting!
                    Man, all this 38-42 degF and rainy weather we have had has taken a toll.
                    Last edited by Redman; 05-04-2019, 01:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
                      Today: Out for ride to breakfast.
                      THen afterwards took ride south along the lakeshore.
                      Can see up into the wooded dunes (by summer can not see too far into there)

Good road, some curves in many places, some inclines in a few places.
                      Oh! Sunshine! Almost forgot what that is like.

Yah, was saying that sunshine and 55 degF, this is great, wonderful, exciting!
                      Man, all this 38-42 degF and rainy weather we have had has taken a toll.
                      Sure, it's been reel boring, but look at how clean them roads are!
                      Except where rainwater washed sand across the low areas.
                      "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
                      1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
                      1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
                      1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

Finally insured the Katana!

2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT
                        2007 Triumph Bonneville T100 w/sidecar

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

That new Motowerks pipe looks great.
                          Do you like the sound?
                          2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Originally posted by steve murdoch View Post
                            That new Motowerks pipe looks great.
                            Do you like the sound?

Oh yeah! The V&H pipe always sounded cheap and tinny to me, the Werks pipe is deep and throaty - almost exactly like the original Yosh it's modelled after.
                            2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT
                            2007 Triumph Bonneville T100 w/sidecar

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

Warm up, 55º

Decided to try utube posing…
                              "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
                              1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
                              1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
                              1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

[QUOTE=Buffalo Bill;2541868]Decided to try utube posing…
                                [/QUOTE

Next we'll see you posting gopro vids of track days. Hey, that would be pretty cool actually!

Sounds really good there, Bill.
                                Roger

Current rides
                                1983 GS 850G
                                2003 FJR 1300A
                                Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Working...
                                X