anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great pics, Sandy.
    It must be difficult watching the road with beautiful scenery like that all around.
    2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Originally posted by steve murdoch View Post
      Great pics, Sandy.
      It must be difficult watching the road with beautiful scenery like that all around.
      Thanks Steve. Yes a beautiful area for sure. Let's put it this, I got very good gas mileage that day. LOL.
      '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

Had my Purple People Eater on the track Friday night, Gingerman Raceway, MI.
        I've gotten too fast for Novice so I asked to be bumped up.
        Over due… I been hooligan #1 the last 2 track days, passing where I ain't supposed to.
        Maybe half a dozen crashes requiring bikes to be brought back on a trailer.
        One man and his bike took a nasty tumble, happened in front of me at the end of the main straight. Can't figure out how he did it, except he locked up his front tire in the braking zone, newbee mistake.

"Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
        1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
        1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
        1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

CVMG Rally in Paris, ON Canada. Was rainy, but a great time out with fellow vintage bike fans.

1982 Suzuki GS650G

Comment

I like your 650G!
            "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo Bill View Post
              I like your 650G!
              Thanks. As a prior decade-long owner of a 1969 Triumph twin I’m used to public interest in my bike, but I was surprised by the interest in my GS. Two folks said they didn’t know that Suzuki made a GS650 with a shaft drive, to which I say that’s the primary reason I like it, plus the electric start and oil tight engine.
              1982 Suzuki GS650G

Comment

wth? photos show for a second and then disappear, Admiral.

Comment

Yesterday was a track day here on the West side of town. If not for seeing an ad on Craigslist, I wouldn't have known about it. Met lots of great guys and gals who were passionate about these vintage bikes. Really a fun day. I think these were Dennis Parrish's bikes but we didn't get a chance to meet him. Maybe next time.

20190615_100905 by Roger, on Flickr

A few more

20190615_091712 by Roger, on Flickr

And the one that left them all behind..... in spirit anyway.

20190615_091807 by Roger, on Flickr

They had three classes and three sessions each on the track. Great fun watching them just practice. The races were today but I'll have to try and make the next one.
                  Roger

Current rides
                  1983 GS 850G
                  2003 FJR 1300A
                  Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Originally posted by B.C.G.S. View Post
                    wth? photos show for a second and then disappear, Admiral.
                    Make sure you’re still logged in, as I often get bounced from the forum and then can’t see pics. They’re still there.
                    1982 Suzuki GS650G

Comment

Great batch of pics guys!
                      Bill, the track bike looks great.
                      Last edited by dorkburger; 06-17-2019, 06:59 AM. Reason: Auto incorrect.
                      sigpic
                      When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                      -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                      -Rusty old scooter.
                      Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                      https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                      https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Originally posted by KEITH KRAUSE View Post
                        ................... Why did they decide to move back?
                        Yah, why would someone want to move back to Michigan after being in SanDiego/Oceanside for 5 years?
                        - about 8 million too many people there
                        - holidays with only a short FaceTime/Skype with family
                        - 5 years enlisted (E.O.D.) and 5 years as officer (E.R. Nurse) was enough.
                        - free babysitting at grandparents har har har
                        Last edited by Redman; 06-16-2019, 10:19 PM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                        GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by Admiral Beez View Post
                          CVMG Rally in Paris, ON Canada. .................
                          Seems to be a lot of those goofy bikes with cylinders sticking out both sides.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                          GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by Burque73 View Post
                            Yesterday was a track day here on the West side of town. If not for seeing an ad on Craigslist, I wouldn't have known about it. Met lots of great guys and gals who were passionate about these vintage bikes. Really a fun day. I think these were Dennis Parrish's bikes but we didn't get a chance to meet him. Maybe next time.
                            Great shots! Would love to witness bikes of that era doing there thing on the track.
                            Also that CL Ad had some excellent vintage shots.
                            So many worthy photos of the past.
                            GS\'s since 1982: 55OMZ, 550ES, 750ET, (2) 1100ET\'s, 1100S, 1150ES. Current ride is an 83 Katana. Wifes bike is an 84 GS 1150ES

Comment

Originally posted by Burque73 View Post

20190615_100905 by Roger, on Flickr

They had three classes and three sessions each on the track. Great fun watching them just practice. The races were today but I'll have to try and make the next one.
                              Great event! I wanna see them here in Michigan, AHRMA will be at my home track 1st week of August!
                              BTW: Them are the hottest sport 750s of their period!

Comment

Anyone go for a ride today? Why yes, yes I did....

Third summer living here, first time through the gap on a bike. Just 90 minutes from my driveway.

Last edited by Baatfam; 06-17-2019, 05:15 PM.
                                Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                                '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Working...
                                X