Gorgeous shots Noreg!
    Jedz Moto
    1980 Suzuki GS1000G
    1988 Honda GL1500-6
    2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
    2020 Honda Monkey Z125
    2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
    Originally posted by Hayabuser
    Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Originally posted by GS1150Pilot View Post
      I had an R6 shock conversion on mine at one point.
      Unsure how it's going to work but I bet its going to work better than what's on it now. Did you like the results?
      Jedz Moto
      1980 Suzuki GS1000G
      1988 Honda GL1500-6
      2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
      2020 Honda Monkey Z125
      2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
      Originally posted by Hayabuser
      Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post
        Unsure how it's going to work but I bet its going to work better than what's on it now. Did you like the results?
        Oh yeah. It had been rebuilt by RaceTech.
        "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
        ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
        1982 CB900f

Comment

Originally posted by Noreg View Post
          I hope more than one image is okay...
          Certainly is.
          Especially great shots/scenes like yours.
          And more than once a week is okay too!

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
          GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
            Certainly is.
            Especially great shots/scenes like yours.
            And more than once a week is okay too!
            Good to hear. I will keep posting whenever I find something worth seeing.

Tomorrow I have asked my wife to wake me up early, so I can go and buy "hippo hands" (not the specific brand but same concept, for like $10 at the local store) and a bakalava (the ski mask, not the cake), and then Ill try to venture all the way towards svolvær.

Forecast is negative degrees on saturday so I can't really ride far then (maybe at all), so I want to do a long ride.
            GS1000G 1981

Comment

Good to hear. I will keep posting whenever I find something worth seeing.

Tomorrow I have asked my wife to wake me up early, so I can go and buy "hippo hands" (not the specific brand but same concept, for like $10 at the local store) and a bakalava (the ski mask, not the cake), and then Ill try to venture all the way towards svolvær.

Forecast is negative degrees on saturday so I can't really ride far then (maybe at all), so I want to do a long ride.
              I believe it's balaclava.
              Current Bikes:
              2001 Yamaha FZ1 (bought same one back)

Comment

Today it was snowing lightly, so going to Svolvær seemed risky (being stranded on a mountain with bike and no equipment seems bad).

Instead I drove to the mainland and followed the coastal road.

I did a stop in Foldevik:

You can see the fish stuff in the background and some toruist "Rorbuer".

From another angle:

I also stopped on Gratangsfjellet, because I wanted to show how snowy its on the actual mountains.

Yes that is a frozen lake in the background.

The hippo hands seemed to allow me to drive about twice as long as before without my fingers feeling numb. I wonder if I have to get heated grips maybe. Hippo hands is a bit awkward to indicate with and use start button, but managable. They also made waving cumbersome.

It was like 1-2 degrees celcius for long parts of the ride, I had to put on a sweater in Foldvik. I was even cold on my feet.

Luckily the forecast for tonight is only 0, so it probably won't freeze, so maybe I can venture towards Svolvær tomorrow (Svolvær has much better mountains, and some super roads, a tad too many tunnels though).
                GS1000G 1981

Comment

Just absolutely stunning!
                  "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
                  ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                  1982 CB900f

Comment

Really beautiful scenery, thank you for sharing!
                    1981 GS850G "Blue Magic" (Bike Of The Month April 2009)

1981 GS1000G "Leo" (Bike Of The Month August 2023)

Comment

Originally posted by GS1150Pilot View Post
                      Just absolutely stunning!
                      Thank you.

It is cold but I can't complain about the view.

The route I drove today I drive with my students all the time (but in a car). It is nice to know every bump on the road, but the gravel scares me. Challenging turns, and you need to use some common sense during the corners. But there were barely any traffic today (I passed an Octavia in the beginning, but after that I barely saw anyone else apart from some pedestrians and some bicyclists). I wish I wasn't so lazy so I I couyld get up earlier and see the sunset (but driving in this low temperatures is challenging, cold tires, possibility of ice, or snow and being cold myself). In a month or so we might have more surviviable temps though.

Originally posted by 2BRacing View Post
                      Really beautiful scenery, thank you for sharing!
                      I am so lucky to live here, on this island. And usually Id be super busy with work, but now Im free to just goof around on my bike all day. I am a bit dissapointed I couldn't get to Svolvær (but it would have been incredibly cold), at least my route was mostly dry and sunny (but I saw some snowing).

I feel a bit trapped by the mountains though, because I can't go north on mainland, I can't go south on mainland and I can't get to the other side of the island (I don't want to go where there has been negative degrees during the nights). I still have about 250km of roads in either direction that I can still access (maybe a bit less), but I want to go to all the edges of the island.

I am also scared of ferries, because I am not very good at strapping the bike down at all. But some of the smaller islands are probably worth a trip.
                      GS1000G 1981

Comment

Noreg, I love your pictures. It's always nice to see other parts of the world though I am not sure I could handle the snow even this early in the year. Does any of that clear up and if so, when?
                        Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                        1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                        2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                        Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                        and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Originally posted by cowboyup3371 View Post
                          Noreg, I love your pictures. It's always nice to see other parts of the world though I am not sure I could handle the snow even this early in the year. Does any of that clear up and if so, when?
                          Luckily I don't have to handle the snow now, because its mostly in yards, on mountains, and places I can avoid. And my handling of the snow has mostly been skillfully driving through it (Mercedes A180 is an excellent snowplow if the snow is above the bumper but not above the star... /s). And when the ice got to tall I swapped car with my boss and had to drive a Ford Kuga (terrible handling, okay awd, awesome heated windshield, old mans car).

I think the snow will be gone around the end of may, but I wouldn't bet on it. Probably it will, but who knows? It is 68 degrees north. My wife tells me she has experienced snowing in june...

Around the middle of may I will probably be freed from the snowy mountain roads so I can go north or south or whereever without being stuck.

Last summer was meh, but the summer before that we had temperatures around 30c in the summer. Thats about the same as on the Bahamas. And our beaches is just as pretty (but far less populated, our air might be decent heat, but the water will be brutally cold, at least for southerners).

I live somewhere where the amount of snow, is more of an issue than the cold. I have lived further north (Alta), and -20c on the regular is coooold (but there are places where -30c is common, and that is brutal, stopped for a smoke and a leak near Hätta in Finland on the 23rd of december once, had to stop mid cigarette, and mid stream because it was soooo cold, amazing stars though).

I really want to try driving in the US. On one hand the fines are insignificant, on the other hand the thought of a traffic cop pointing a loaded gun on me is terrifying. Also I find the lanes to be too wide. Getting my hands on some classic bike in Houston and then going north (west? or east? where is oregon?) would be great. But it would be interessting to ride a motorcycle without freezing my balls off. Seriously, today it was so cold I was fantasizing about putting an aquarium heater in the gas tank, so it would be nice and warm.

Mid june to july has good temperatures here, even out to august. And there is no night (midnight sun baby).

I am extremely lucky because gas is cheap, roads are empty and I have a decently running bike. This is probably the only year in my life I can ride up and down the island without tourists driving with their eyes on the view (every single month a handfull end up in the ditch or in the front of another car, the views at some parts are awe inspiring, and the roads are narrow and windy).

This island has some of the nicest mountains and ocean views (there are better fjords in the south, and there is taller mountains though). The drive into Svolvær is breathtaking, I wish I had a helmet camera to show it. I totally understand the tourists...
                          GS1000G 1981

Comment

on the other hand the thought of a traffic cop pointing a loaded gun on me is terrifying.
                            For the record, the ONLY time that happens is if they are chasing an actual violent criminal. I have been pulled over way more than once in my 31 years of driving and have never seen the working end of a policeman's gun. Cops are not the shoot first ask questions later folks the TV shows like to portray.
                            Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                            1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                            2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                            Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                            and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Nice pictures! but ! Do you salt your roads there? Better rinse that Suzuki REALLY well! Riding in the winter....it was anyways the Age of Rust generally and not many 80s vehicles survived it.a lot of Scrap steel went to Japan in the 80s and the paint is not thick.

If you do go to the States, get medical insurance.

You would probably enjoy a ride down a long straight prairie highway after all those shady mountains... I know I do!

Comment

Originally posted by cowboyup3371 View Post
                                For the record, the ONLY time that happens is if they are chasing an actual violent criminal. I have been pulled over way more than once in my 31 years of driving and have never seen the working end of a policeman's gun. Cops are not the shoot first ask questions later folks the TV shows like to portray.
                                I am sorry, that might have sounded harsh. Police with guns generally make me uncomfortable. Most of my life Norwegian cops had their guns locked up at the station. I don't know, its just unusual for me? I don't have anything against guns in general, and I am planning to get into handgun shooting at some point, and maybe hunting.

Originally posted by Gorminrider View Post
                                Nice pictures! but ! Do you salt your roads there? Better rinse that Suzuki REALLY well! Riding in the winter....it was anyways the Age of Rust generally and not many 80s vehicles survived it.a lot of Scrap steel went to Japan in the 80s and the paint is not thick.

If you do go to the States, get medical insurance.

You would probably enjoy a ride down a long straight prairie highway after all those shady mountains... I know I do!
                                They do sadly :/

I am having problems getting it properly clean. I am afraid to degrease her and the high pressure hose seems dangerous? I usually rinse it with the hose. Our high pressure hose has heated water (usually set to 60 degrees celcius) if that matters.

Any tips on washing it properly?

I have all year travel insurance (unlimited treatment and unlimited repatritation(I can't spell it)), as soon as the government says its safe to go. My wife is from Houston so we are hoping it will be safe to go soon.

American roads are so different, so yeah it would be a nice change of scenery. And I assume I won't be as frozen in the US.
                                GS1000G 1981

Comment

Working...
                                X