anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Burque73 View Post
    Yesterday was a track day here on the West side of town. If not for seeing an ad on Craigslist, I wouldn't have known about it. Met lots of great guys and gals who were passionate about these vintage bikes. Really a fun day. I think these were Dennis Parrish's bikes but we didn't get a chance to meet him. Maybe next time.

20190615_100905 by Roger, on Flickr

A few more

20190615_091712 by Roger, on Flickr

And the one that left them all behind..... in spirit anyway.

20190615_091807 by Roger, on Flickr

They had three classes and three sessions each on the track. Great fun watching them just practice. The races were today but I'll have to try and make the next one.
    Thanks for the pics, Roger.
    Dennis has a shop. Even though he does not specialize in GS, might be worth stopping by.
    2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Originally posted by Carter Turk View Post
      Great shots! Would love to witness bikes of that era doing there thing on the track.
      Also that CL Ad had some excellent vintage shots.
      So many worthy photos of the past.
      That was a first for me. Definitely not the last though. July 21st is round three of this event. I'll be there for the race this time.

Originally posted by Buffalo Bill View Post
      Great event! I wanna see them here in Michigan, AHRMA will be at my home track 1st week of August!
      BTW: Them are the hottest sport 750s of their period!
      A closer shot for you, Bill. Super cool machines. You should hear them next to the, by way of comparison, almost silent modern sport bikes.

20190615_092011 by Roger, on Flickr

Originally posted by steve murdoch View Post
      Thanks for the pics, Roger.
      Dennis has a shop. Even though he does not specialize in GS, might be worth stopping by.
      https://www.dunritebikes.com/
      I'll be out in that area soon. Maybe I'll swing by and look around. Funny street name, Perfecto Lopez. Perfecto is how I'd say his bikes looked, LOL.

Originally posted by isleoman

Great pics, Always loved the view of a Z1 from the rear right quarter, so sexy. Actually that's my favorite view for most bikes

I note the two Z1s have what look like oil catch fairings and the other two don't.

I could go for a summer of using a mobile home to tow a sport bike around the country looking for great roads, not nessecarily race tracks. Bucket list vacation.
      Agreed! I like the 850 I have viewed from that angle too. It also made the KLR look good too.

Interesting note about the fairings down below. Guess I thought they were skid plates or something. Those guys were towering over me and had a few more pounds to haul, LOL.

One of the most fun to watch was this triple. The front wheel kept coming up, but man it was quick!

20190615_091542 (1) by Roger, on Flickr

More eye candy from the event. (the bikes not the butts! LOL)

20190615_100512 by Roger, on Flickr

My friend's Dad's bike.

20190615_114815 by Roger, on Flickr
      Roger

Current rides
      1983 GS 850G
      2003 FJR 1300A
      Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Vintage racing bikes are always cool....
        Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
        '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Bought a couple photos from the "Pro" guys on the Tail of the Dragon....
          The old girl still looks pretty good.

Return from Deal's Gap by Bob Thieda, on Flickr

Return from Deal's Gap by Bob Thieda, on Flickr
          Last edited by Baatfam; 06-19-2019, 01:15 PM.

Comment

Good to see that, Bob.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
            GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Beautiful night for a ride. Even the cows thought so.

Rich
              1982 GS 750TZ
              2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
              Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Took myself to a bikers meeting place called Glasson Dock near Lancaster Lancashire uk

The big guy up there rides a Suzuki (this I know)
                1981 gs850gx

1999 RF900
                past bikes. RF900
                TL1000s
                Hayabusa
                gsx 750f x2
                197cc Francis Barnett
                various British nails

Comment

Did have some little rides in recent days. No pictures (I know , hard to believe.)

And a ride this morning for an erraand and out to coffee. Man, 72 and a bit humid, seems hot after all these cloudy 50s and 60s days.

then pushed the bikes out of garage to do some sweeping, and rearrange so the RT is now in the sickbay.

Hum, looked like they were posing for a picture

The other day I overheard the Suzuki and Honda talking (yah, they speak English, were made for US market, you know).
                  they weere saying:
                  who is this new guy? Why is he here?
                  i don’t know, but he sounds like is speaking German when Dave was cursing at him.
                  yah, it seems like that him and Dave have known each other for some time.
                  you know, all those times Dave got gear out of sidebags and then was gone for a week or two then came back and was showing people lot of pictures, I kinda thought he was having something with some other bike.
                  what is it with this new bike, you see it’s got its own battery tender with the same round logo as in the bike. What does this bike think it is? We have to share one regular battery tender.
                  did you see that service bill Dave stuffed into that big thick manaul? It says annual fluid change was 750bucks and new tires was almost 600 bucks. Man, we don’t get anything near that.
                  yah, but did you see how Dave was muttering and grumbling about it.
                  what is that puddle by its rear wheel? You smell gear oil?
                  Last edited by Redman; 06-19-2019, 03:35 PM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                  GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

LOL....@ Dave....

Can't wait to see you tomorrow, Dave.

Comment

Nice night in the hood...

No signature

Comment

got my wind screen in from Gustafsson , fitment was so-so, the right hand opening was about 5/16 bigger than the left, so it kinda threw it off just a little,

if it wasn't for those original stripes, I would repaint the boxes, but i'm not in the mood to reproduce them, nor do i want to loose them. I am going to repaint the front fender,i think i can use some stripe tape and put the pin stripe back on ,

Comment

Didn't stray too far from home but I did get out on the Kat today.

2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT
                          2007 Triumph Bonneville T100 w/sidecar

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by ToaDady View Post
                            got my wind screen in from Gustafsson , fitment was so-so, the right hand opening was about 5/16 bigger than the left, so it kinda threw it off just a little,

if it wasn't for those original stripes, I would repaint the boxes, but i'm not in the mood to reproduce them, nor do i want to loose them. I am going to repaint the front fender,i think i can use some stripe tape and put the pin stripe back on ,
                            I like those boxes and fairing. Nice looking setup!

Roger

Current rides
                            1983 GS 850G
                            2003 FJR 1300A
                            Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

ToDady, I didn't realize it was a 650 till I made the pic bigger. How does it do with the extra weight from the fairing and bags?

My 850 has a similar setup It does fine, even two up, just fewer miles per gallon.
                              Roger

Current rides
                              1983 GS 850G
                              2003 FJR 1300A

Comment

Today myself and son-in-law took our selves to see " The Angel Of The North" always wondered what it looked like close up not the best picture

The big guy up there rides a Suzuki (this I know)
                                1981 gs850gx

1999 RF900
                                past bikes. RF900
                                TL1000s
                                Hayabusa
                                gsx 750f x2
                                197cc Francis Barnett
                                various British nails

Comment

Working...
                                X