Jamestown Island:

All the fiddler crabs in the bog:

Take the ferry across the river:

Little bit of riding on the other side:

Full album:

Comment

Another pic from your album...

Comment

Put about 50 miles in this a.m. before it got too hot.

Spotted this old one:

Ended up at Heritage Lake, west of Danville, IN.

This is my new GoPro handlebar mount, but discovered that the battery was dead, so no videos on this trip. Made the mount this a.m., but haven't prettied it up yet. I'll file down the edges and paint it eventually.
        Last edited by Guest; 07-23-2012, 01:16 PM.

Comment

Oldrookie, I like the dirt bike handlebar and the idea of making a GoPro mount that would leave the speedo out of the video's!

I must do something very similar for my bikes.

Eric

Comment

I think this will do it, but the proof will be in the videos. I'll take a run later tonight and see if if it works. Sure seems stable at this point, but without the actual case and camera on I can't be certain.

I saw the actual GoPro mount and it seemed like this could be reasonable way mount the camera.

The dirt bike bars are very comfortable and work well too. Turns me into a bit of a wind catcher at speed, but I like them.

Comment

Might I suggest a lanyard from the camera to another fixed point for added camera safety?

Eric

Comment

Originally posted by 7981GS View Post
                Might I suggest a lanyard from the camera to another fixed point for added camera safety?

Eric
                Not a bad idea.

Comment

Out of town, so I can't post it up yet...but the video turned out well. The mount is worth making a bit fancier.

The top of the instrument cluster shows, but that side could be made longer if I wanted. All you can see is what gear I am using at any given moment.

Comment

Just got back last nite from 500+km round trip up north near Kaikohe 2nd time in two weeks, been up to meet and stay with internet friend.Rode up on sat afternoon/evening anf got to Kawakawa which has railway lines running down centre of mainstreet,having to slow right down to avoid jaywalkers with umbrellas in the pouring rain did not see lines crossing my lane at an oblique angle till a microsecond before front wheel let go,managed to breakfall barely .Got away with sore elbow neck and hip but all skin intact and bike only broke indicator lens slightly bent handlebars and lost bit of chrome more importantly wine and beer in panniers survived intact.Photo from ride home at top of Brynderwyns overlooking Waipu with angry sky above.Stopped to check gear and found pannier melted to exhaust along with battery charger moulded to muffler.

Comment

Went out for a ride after work to play the riding game and while out spotted this little beauty! Anyone tell me what year Honda it is?

No signature

Comment

Looks like an '85 VFR1000, though it looks like someone modified the seat a bit. I don't think any of them had a one piece seat. I may have been an option, I don't know.
                        But the rest of the bike looks dead on for an '85.

I too got to go out for a ride today. After spending about 4 hours cleaning all the dirt and grime off my bike I took it out for a short 120 mile spin. Of course it starts to rain out of nowhere, so all that time spent polishing the pipes is out the window. Ohh well.

I went up to my favorite squid hunting grounds in Harriman State Park in NY. Sure enough there were two guys on gsxr's in tank tops and jeans who were stopped at the top of Perkins drive. I parked next to them for a short rest, waited for them to stop talking about wheelies and left right before they did. They weren't more than 10 feet behind me as I started down the road. I didn't see them again. Not even a flash of headlights in the mirrors

Any way here are the pics from today's ride.

Even after the rain the bike still looks good through the camera. GS's rule.

Comment

Tim, your bike looks nakid!
                          Where is ALL of that stuff that belongs all over the back end?

Eric

Comment

All the travel stuff got a good delousing and is on the shelf till I need it for the next trip. Which right now looks to be Nova Scotia!

The bike did feel strange with out all that stuff on the ass end though. I had gotten so used to it, felt like a different motorcycle

Comment

A little more romping 'round my neck of the woods:

Bald eagle in its nest on the York River:

A couple other friends I met along the way:

And another great sunset right on our little beach:

Full album:

Comment

A friend of mine just picked up a Street Triple R and so we went out riding tonight. He is pretty new to performance street riding so I showed him Bear Mountain State Park (same place I rode last night, and probably the best roads in the local 100 mile area ). We had a whole lotta fun, and I showed him a few pointers regarding body positioning and line selection. Also pointed him in the direction of Lee Park's book.

It was nice riding with another bike up there, as many of my 'performance' rides are solo.

Comment

Working...
                                X