anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by brownford View Post
    Awesome looking GK! Wish mine looked that good. I like the 2 tone paint scheme.
    Having owned a GK and presently having an 1100G with the same paint scheme, I agree 100%. Awesome looking GK!
    Willie
    Common sense has become so uncommon that I consider it a super power.

Present Stable includes:
    '74 GT750 Resto-mod I've owned since '79
    '83 GS1100E (The best E I've ever enjoyed, Joe Nardy's former bike)
    '82 GS1100G Resto project

Comment

Finally had a nice day to get out so I sent my son to grandmas.
      Went out for a really nice ride and hit an AA meeting this evening.
      Nice day indeed.

Adam-

Comment

Originally posted by loud et View Post
        Finally had a nice day to get out so I sent my son to grandmas.
        Went out for a really nice ride and hit an AA meeting this evening.
        Nice day indeed.

Adam-
        Good for you Adam!
        No signature

Comment

So, I got my California Cooley out for a ride after 3 weeks of ownership and a fair amount of maintenance updates after a 16 year slumber from the previous owner. I decided to ride to the auto parts store taking the long route through the country and stretch the bikes legs going to a small town about 30 minutes away. I was able to turn this into a 100 mile ride in the Indiana Spring sun.

Much to my amazement and completely by chance I came across a beautiful 1980 Cooley that I believed to be owned by Suzuki Dog. His GS was sitting at a business outside of town. Suzuki Dog & I became acquainted thru PM chatting on GSR recently and have never met. Imagine our surprise when we both found out that each of us had purchased (merely 1 month apart) this winter, new to us factory GS1000S Cooley Reps.

Suzuki Dog & I still have not met yet. Being a business I did not want to interrupt his work day by hunting him down so we will hook up hopefully soon and compare notes another day. Our bikes have met however, and this is their first photo op.

My 1979 out for a romp after a 16 year hibernation.

The 79 & 80 and there subtle differences.

Beautiful sighting! Kind of like seeing a couple of Big Foot's in the wild.
          1982 1100G - 1979 1000SN Cooley #703 - 1982 Kawasaki ELR#337 - 1982 Katana 1000SZ (X3) #769, #872, #1963 - 1983 1100E mid-night blue (X2) - Ducati 907ie - 1976 GT750 Bad Buffalo

Comment

Sean, Your and Suzuki dogs cycles are gorgeous. To see them together is too cool!

Loud et, good to see you riding. Im itching to play the riding game...I have a couple of minor things to address on my cycle- new battery, check the charging system/ wiring, install my refurbished speedo drive, and its yearly wash. Soon...........
            sigpic
            When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
            -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
            -Rusty old scooter.
            Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
            https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
            https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

I went on a short scenic ride around Morton Arboretum today.

I would have puttered around some more, but it started to rain. I ended up parking under a gazebo until the rain stopped and then I figured I would seize the opportunity to get back home before it started up again.

A picture under the gazebo would have been cool, but there were people around and I didn't want to give the impression that I was parked there to be obnoxious and have them call the park ranger on me.

Comment

Originally posted by viperg View Post
                So, I got my California Cooley out for a ride after 3 weeks of ownership and a fair amount of maintenance updates after a 16 year slumber from the previous owner. I decided to ride to the auto parts store taking the long route through the country and stretch the bikes legs going to a small town about 30 minutes away. I was able to turn this into a 100 mile ride in the Indiana Spring sun.

Much to my amazement and completely by chance I came across a beautiful 1980 Cooley that I believed to be owned by Suzuki Dog. His GS was sitting at a business outside of town. Suzuki Dog & I became acquainted thru PM chatting on GSR recently and have never met. Imagine our surprise when we both found out that each of us had purchased (merely 1 month apart) this winter, new to us factory GS1000S Cooley Reps.

Suzuki Dog & I still have not met yet. Being a business I did not want to interrupt his work day by hunting him down so we will hook up hopefully soon and compare notes another day. Our bikes have met however, and this is their first photo op.

My 1979 out for a romp after a 16 year hibernation.

The 79 & 80 and there subtle differences.

Beautiful sighting! Kind of like seeing a couple of Big Foot's in the wild.
                Where was I during this encounter....? Oh, yeah, working so I can pay for all my bikes... lol! Anyway, I'm glad our friends could meet. We'll get together and ride, soon. Thanks for the pic!
                1978 GS1000E
                1980 GS1000S (Wes Cooley Replica)
                1981 GS1100E
                1982 GS1100E
                1982 GS1000SZ
                1983 GS1100ED
                1983 GS1100ESD
                1978 Honda CB750K
                1981 Honda CB900F

Comment

Did lunch at my favourite stop today before riding some of the twistiest roads in the area.

Sooke TT Loop

An infinite number of corners in 24 kilometers. Good times.
                  2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT
                  2007 Triumph Bonneville T100 w/sidecar

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

Missed you by a few hours Dave. That coffee shop is becoming a real destination. We'll have to take you for a run out Metchosin/Sooke way and show you some other roads.
                    Rob
                    1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
                    Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

Glenn, Rob and I got together for a ride (Sorry Dave didn't know you were off today) today. Rob's G had some issues so we went back to his place to trade it for his E. I love riding with guys who have more than one old bike.
                      We also hooked our Sena systems to one another, that inspired some pretty funny conversation while riding. Glenn almost got struck by lightning.

And at Wheelies motorcycle cafe...

Then we went to BMW bike night.

No signature

Comment

It sure was a good turn out last night, surprising what sunshine will do.

That was a very nice 89' Honda GB500, and it's only got about 4'000km or so
                        Rob
                        1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
                        Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
                          Glenn, Rob and I got together for a ride (Sorry Dave didn't know you were off today) today. Rob's G had some issues so we went back to his place to trade it for his E. I love riding with guys who have more than one old bike.
                          We also hooked our Sena systems to one another, that inspired some pretty funny conversation while riding. Glenn almost got struck by lightning.
                          No worries, it was a surprise to me too. Good day for it though!
                          2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

Thursday evening ride.

To the beach to check out a campsite..campground not open till May 24.

Comment

Originally posted by John Cross View Post
                              To the beach to check out a campsite..campground not open till May 24.
                              Our Kats have enjoyed the same island view!

2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

Keeping the Kat theme... met up with three other fellas for what turned out to be a very short ride yesterday. Two Kats, an 1100G, and my 450.

Reg wasn't feeling well (leaning on the Kat) and I discovered my front tyre is looking a little... well... used... so we decided a short local ride for brekky was enough for the day.

This week's goal for me... track down some tyres!
                                1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
                                1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Working...
                                X