Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ride?

Nope!

Did pull this bike out of garage this evening.... this bike has not had this pleasure yet.

Maybe the first time in its life to experience 10 DegF.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
    GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by Carter Turk View Post
      Finally figured out how to post a picture. Month & half old picture, whoops.
      20191025_161642 by Carter Turk, on Flickr
      That's quite the nice 1st pic to post. Nicely done.
      Larry

'79 GS 1000E
      '93 Honda ST 1100 SOLD-- now residing in Arizona.
      '18 Triumph Tiger 800 (gone too soon)
      '19 Triumph Tiger 800 Christmas 2018 to me from me.
      '01 BMW R1100RL project purchased from a friend.

Comment

Really nice day here today. Took my son out out for a 100km ride. We live in a beautiful place. And I'm grateful the my 17 year old son still wants to hang out with me.

No signature

Comment

Nice enough here as well today. Got up to 56°(F) so I took the Triumph out for 100 mile ride. Stopped for a pic of a popular steak house nearby that happens to be closed on Sunday. Good photo op being able to park by the front door.

IMG_20191222_134456531 by Larry Alkire, on Flickr

IMG_20191222_135340440 by Larry Alkire, on Flickr
          Last edited by alke46; 12-22-2019, 09:44 PM.
          Larry

'79 GS 1000E

Comment

Looks like it will be a brown Christmas in our area. Today had some thin cloud cover but mostly sunny. The last 3 or 4 days has been wall to wall sunshine with temps in the upper 40's and now the 2nd day of 50+ degrees, one more coming tomorrow for sure.

IMG_20191222_135523418 by Larry Alkire, on Flickr

IMG_20191222_135258680 by Larry Alkire, on Flickr
            Larry

'79 GS 1000E

Comment

Went along some backroads in the area and ended up on Paarl Mountain, a granite outcrop on the outskirts of Paarl. a large town in the winelands region near Wellington where I stay.

This is the view looking towards the city of Cape Town, about 40 miles away as the crow flies, with Table Mountain just visible on the horizon.

The town of Paarl below, with Wellington just out of sight at the far left.

Vineyards and farmland in the area.

1981 GS850G "Blue Magic" (Bike Of The Month April 2009)

1981 GS1000G "Leo" (Bike Of The Month August 2023)

Comment

Originally posted by 2BRacing View Post
                Went along some backroads in the area and ended up on Paarl Mountain.........................................

That's interesting. Over here the white lines are on the shoulder and the yellow are in the center. The double yellow means, unless you're a real turkey, stay in your lane!

Roger

Current rides
                1983 GS 850G
                2003 FJR 1300A
                Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Originally posted by Burque73 View Post
                  That's interesting. Over here the white lines are on the shoulder and the yellow are in the center. The double yellow means, unless you're a real turkey, stay in your lane!

A person would think that road markings all over the world would be done according to a universal code to avoid confusion for international travellers!
                  1981 GS850G "Blue Magic" (Bike Of The Month April 2009)

1981 GS1000G "Leo" (Bike Of The Month August 2023)

Comment

It was warm enough today to ride the bike to a doctor's appointment so I went by the Dayton VA Medical Center this morning and took some pictures of the oldest building on the campus. Built in 1868, the Protestant Chapel has seen a lot of people in it since President Lincoln first authorized the Soldier's Asylums in 1865. Some history of the Dayton VA if you are interested:

Find a health facility near you at VA Dayton Healthcare System, and manage your health online. Our health care teams are deeply experienced and guided by the needs of Veterans, their families, and caregivers.

Dayton VA Protestant Church by Scott Baker, on Flickr

They are renovating some of the church so I had to cut off the construction fence and light pole but here's the sign at the rear

Dayton VA Protestant Church Rear by Scott Baker, on Flickr

A view of the Northeastern corner of the National Cemetery from the church

Dayton VA Cemetery Northeast Corner by Scott Baker, on Flickr
                    Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                    1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                    2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                    Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                    and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Originally posted by jabcb
                      Roads only have two sides and the world can’t agree to which side of the road we should drive on.
                      This made me laugh!

After almost 18 months, I took the GS out for a spin around town on Sunday.
                      20191222_165236.jpg
                      Jordan

1977 Suzuki GS750 (My first bike)
                      2000 Kawasaki ZRX1100
                      1973 BMW R75/5

Comment

Originally posted by jabcb
                        Roads only have two sides and the world can’t agree to which side of the road we should drive on.
                        Every place I have been has at least agreed to drive on the TOP side.

sigpic
                        mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
                        hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
                        #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
                        #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
                        Family Portrait
                        Siblings and Spouses
                        Mom's first ride
                        Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
                        (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

40 DegF this morning, house quest gone, should autta go for ride.
                          Havent been for ride since before Thanksgiving.
                          Jacket and helmet in hand, open garage door to see is quite wett out. Ah, maybe better this after noon. I got some errands to run, and can stopp for coffee.

THen this afternoon is 50degF, but still wett some.
                          SO get out the Shadow500.
                          Check over things, tire pressure and such,

Oh, plate has expired tab. I got new ones end of November. I know right where it is.

Oh, gee, this one expired in September.
                          Took care of that.

GOt out of town for about 45 minute ride.

I was wondering why pavement didnt dry out when was 40 in the morning and 50 in the afternoon with partly sunny. Geepers I found out. Seems like humidity must be real high, was a fine mist in the air it seemed.

Ah, maybe finish leaf raking some other day.,

But, still, good to get out.
                          Last edited by Redman; 12-26-2019, 06:04 PM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                          GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Ice and snow. Studs are on the TUX... Nice slow adventurous ride over a frozen river and through the woods. Sure would be nice if we got a thaw...

Hope everyone had a safe and great holiday season!
                            Jedz Moto
                            1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                            1988 Honda GL1500-6
                            2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
                            2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                            2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
                            Originally posted by Hayabuser
                            Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

It's so cold, the poor thing is turning blue....
                              Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                              '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

No ride yesterday but I did get out for a round of golf with my father in law. That was fun...I used to golf a lot and was a member at a club here until I got back into motorcycles 8 years ago.Soon found out I couldn't afford the time and the money to do both...

No signature

Comment

Working...
                                X