No announcement yet.

anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I went out on the weekend with both my sons, rode out to Harrison Lake and saw no less than a few hundred bikes out, some in groups of 6-8 riders.

The weather was spectacular, bright sunny day and around 18C. (64F)

That was a lot of essential travel.
    2018 Honda Africa Twin AS
    2013 DR 650 Grey, sold 1981 GS 650E Silver,

1980 GS1000ST Blue & White, X2

2012 DL650 Vstrom Foxy Orange, in storage
    1981 CT110 X2 "Postie Bikes" Gone to a New Home.
    2002 BMW 1150 GS Blue & White - Sold
    1975 BMW R90/6 Black - Sold 1984 GS1150EF Sold
    1982 BMW R100 Africa trip, Stolen - Recovered- Sold
    1977-1980 Suzuki GS550, GS1000E, GS1000S GSX750, GSX1100,s
    Hondas ST90, CR125 CB175 , CB350 CB750, NSU Quickly, Yamaha RD's 350/400,

Comment

First troll around town on the scooter this year.
      http://Scooter by Glen Brenner, on Flickr

http://Scooter by Glen Brenner, on Flickr
      sigpic
      When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
      -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
      -Rusty old scooter.
      Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
      https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
      https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

vlcsnap-00001.jpg

Open Road! Empty highway! Quite a treat, humming along ....

Comment

More Jedz-isms on the road talking about tires and enjoying an early season ride in Vermont.
          Jedz Moto
          1980 Suzuki GS1000G
          1988 Honda GL1500-6
          2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
          2020 Honda Monkey Z125
          2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
          Originally posted by Hayabuser
          Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

did a short break in ride of the front tire on my 919...I have got to remember that at 90 miles an hour the needle is straight up.

V
            Gustov
            80 GS 1100 LT, 83 1100 G "Scruffy"
            81 GS 1000 G
            79 GS 850 G
            81 GS 850 L
            83 GS 550 ES, 85 GS 550 ES
            80 GS 550 L
            86 450 Rebel, 70CL 70, Yamaha TTR125
            2002 Honda 919
            2004 Ural Gear up

Comment

I had one of those rides at the dinner hour last night where things were clicking-in the zone, groovin type.
              Haven't had one of those kinda rides for awhile.
              Felt good.
              GS\'s since 1982: 55OMZ, 550ES, 750ET, (2) 1100ET\'s, 1100S, 1150ES. Current ride is an 83 Katana. Wifes bike is an 84 GS 1150ES

Comment

I used my 1983 Troy Bilt horse to till the good earth today. Thats sort of like a ride.
                Im trying to find ms paint on my laptop PIC to folow.
                1983 GS 550 LD
                2009 BMW K1300s

Comment

After spending the afternoon working on my new RF600R project bike, I got out on my finally-insured GSX-S750.

Gorgeous stretch of weather we're having.
                  2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT
                  2007 Triumph Bonneville T100 w/sidecar

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

Finally decent enough outside for some serious social distancing.
                    20200418_144116(1).jpg
                    Current Bikes:
                    2001 Yamaha FZ1 (bought same one back)

Comment

After replacing the footpegs with some BMX inspired flats, I took the Sporty out for a quick 20 mile evening run.

87E58FD5-CE8F-41F5-81C3-8D4787FFF542.jpg
                      "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
                      ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                      1982 CB900f

Comment

Exercised the VanVan tonight.

2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT
                        2007 Triumph Bonneville T100 w/sidecar

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

Today I did my first proper (did a some slow moving practice yesterday) ride on my GS1000G 1981. I bought it in january and have been dying to try it ever since.

It was so nice, it shifts nicely, it has plenty of power, its suprisingly easy to manouver. I worry terribly that there might be ice (unlikely since its like 6 degrees celcius here). I found the bike far more easy to drive than I had expected.

This picture is from Nupen, near Harstad, Norway. Because of corona I am furloughed, and there is no tourists here, so I am planning on exploring Lofoten and the island around here (Harstad is on Norways biggest island, Hinnøya). There is so much amazing nature and views, and it is especially nice now as the snow is starting to melt.

Tomorrow I will wear more clothes, this was a cold enjoyment, and Ill move the GPS mount (its too much to the side, I think I can get it closer to the speedo). I am also thinking of throwing on the side bags (just simple throw over the seat kind) so I can bring some food and water as Ill be going somewhat further (only done 84 kilometers so far).
                          GS1000G 1981

Comment

Originally posted by Noreg View Post

Today I did my first proper (did a some slow moving practice yesterday) ride on my GS1000G 1981. I bought it in january and have been dying to try it ever since.

It was so nice, it shifts nicely, it has plenty of power, its suprisingly easy to manouver. I worry terribly that there might be ice (unlikely since its like 6 degrees celcius here). I found the bike far more easy to drive than I had expected.

This picture is from Nupen, near Harstad, Norway. Because of corona I am furloughed, and there is no tourists here, so I am planning on exploring Lofoten and the island around here (Harstad is on Norways biggest island, Hinnøya). There is so much amazing nature and views, and it is especially nice now as the snow is starting to melt.

Tomorrow I will wear more clothes, this was a cold enjoyment, and Ill move the GPS mount (its too much to the side, I think I can get it closer to the speedo). I am also thinking of throwing on the side bags (just simple throw over the seat kind) so I can bring some food and water as Ill be going somewhat further (only done 84 kilometers so far).
                            That is a phenomenal photo!
                            "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
                            ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                            1982 CB900f

Comment

Originally posted by GS1150Pilot View Post
                              That is a phenomenal photo!
                              Thank you. Its a nice place to stop for the view. In the winter we have the northern lights and soon there will be midnight sun there.

Im hoping I can get to the more scenic places soon, I just need to get the rust out of my riding skills. The roads up there is quite a lot more challenging.
                              GS1000G 1981

Comment

Nice day here today..again.

No signature

Comment

Working...
                                X