anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Noreg View Post
    Thank you. Its a nice place to stop for the view. In the winter we have the northern lights and soon there will be midnight sun there.

Im hoping I can get to the more scenic places soon, I just need to get the rust out of my riding skills. The roads up there is quite a lot more challenging.
    I spent the summer of 1995 in Alaska, so I understand some of what you're saying about lights and light.
    "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
    ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
    1982 CB900f

Comment

Me again. This thing is SO good!

2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT
      2007 Triumph Bonneville T100 w/sidecar

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

Took a ride to Indian Run Falls near Columbus OH but there were so many people around it was difficult to get good pictures. Managed to walk away with a couple though

Upper Indian Run Falls by Scott Baker, on Flickr

Lower Indian Run Falls by Scott Baker, on Flickr

I saw my first heron in a long time earlier in the ride - spooked it as I tried to slowly ride by. Had some minor problems with missing screws from one side of the fairing so wife drove out to pick that up. She followed me home a bit on the late side where we at least got to see this. Good night all

Sunset by Scott Baker, on Flickr
        Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
        1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
        2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
        Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
        and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Originally posted by Noreg View Post

Today I did my first proper (did a some slow moving practice yesterday) ride on my GS1000G 1981. I bought it in january and have been dying to try it ever since.

It was so nice, it shifts nicely, it has plenty of power, its suprisingly easy to manouver. I worry terribly that there might be ice (unlikely since its like 6 degrees celcius here). I found the bike far more easy to drive than I had expected.

This picture is from Nupen, near Harstad, Norway. Because of corona I am furloughed, and there is no tourists here, so I am planning on exploring Lofoten and the island around here (Harstad is on Norways biggest island, Hinnøya). There is so much amazing nature and views, and it is especially nice now as the snow is starting to melt.

Tomorrow I will wear more clothes, this was a cold enjoyment, and Ill move the GPS mount (its too much to the side, I think I can get it closer to the speedo). I am also thinking of throwing on the side bags (just simple throw over the seat kind) so I can bring some food and water as Ill be going somewhat further (only done 84 kilometers so far).
          Your bike looks just as good as that amazing view! You guys are lucky to be able to get out for a ride - we are on day 25 of lockdown with another 10 to go, and maybe even more after that! Absolutely not allowed to go for joyrides, so all I can do is go into the garage and sit on my bike and make riding noises!

Be safe out there!
          1981 GS850G "Blue Magic" (Bike Of The Month April 2009)

1981 GS1000G "Leo" (Bike Of The Month August 2023)

Comment

Originally posted by 2BRacing View Post
            Your bike looks just as good as that amazing view! You guys are lucky to be able to get out for a ride - we are on day 25 of lockdown with another 10 to go, and maybe even more after that! Absolutely not allowed to go for joyrides, so all I can do is go into the garage and sit on my bike and make riding noises!

Be safe out there!
            Ride your bike to the store for some "essentials" and take the long way home.
            2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT
            2007 Triumph Bonneville T100 w/sidecar

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Hayabuser View Post
              Ride your bike to the store for some "essentials" and take the long way home.
              Bazinga!!!
              ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
              1982 CB900f

Comment

Originally posted by 2BRacing View Post

Be safe out there!
                Thank you.

We have no restrictions on riding, or driving, or walking outside apart from a max five people together rule and being told to stay 2 metres away from eachother. Since I can't work I have decided to go look at things. Apart from it being somewhat cold it is quite nice (on my way home it was around 4-5c).

Todays trip. I went from Harstad, to Narvik, to Gratangsboten and then back to Harstad.

The suspension bridges is a bit terrifying when its windy. I notice todays trip was a bit long (I left around 1pm and was home around 8pm), and my shoulders are sore. Lots of nice views, some gravel and I saw a small flock of raindeer. Didn't take photos though (I need some camera I can operate gloved).

Tomorrow I need to change the oil, filter and I think I want to go to Sortland (a store has a €30 motorcycle jacket on clearance, hoping they have my size). If the weather is nice and i manage to wake up before noon I think I want to go to Svolvær too (thats where the real amazing views are).
                GS1000G 1981

Comment

Todays ride to warm her up for oil and filter change.

Nice ride, was a bit cold but was nice with the sun.

Now I need to figure out how to fix my oil-change-thread-stripping so I can get out on the road again.
                  Last edited by Noreg; 04-21-2020, 02:03 PM. Reason: forgot an e
                  GS1000G 1981

Comment

Are the roads icy?
                    ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                    1982 CB900f

Comment

Originally posted by GS1150Pilot View Post
                      Are the roads icy?
                      No, there is snow around the roads, but it is between 5 and 8 degrees celcius most of the day, so no ice on the roads. There can be snow from people mowing their drivway and such (they were removing the snow in a roundabout and made a mess yesterday).

So its cold in the air, but not so cold that it freezes. I don't think this bike is the right one for icy roads, then Id get a DR-BIG and and some studded tires (but I find it more than cold enough now).

My driveway though is too icy, so I have to park the bike in the garage at work.
                      GS1000G 1981

Comment

FZ1 is out, rebuilt the water/oil pump. Didn't blow up but the rear shock lost all it's rebound and turned into a pogo stick from hell at a 100mph pass... WTF!!! This bike has cost me a small fortune to bring up to speed and it still is breaking. Hope after the shock it won't break for wahile (it shouldn't for most of the bits are now new ).

Crazy cold yesterday high of 28' F. My furnace broke but got that back up and running... I smell like heating oil still this AM but we are back in business. Buttoned up the FZ1 after that and took it for a spin to see how it was fairing after all the work and restore. Rear shock blew, Front right light indicator stopped working (bulb good)... Chasing those gremlins once the (R6) shock comes in.

Wish it was running good... I forget how much I love FAST bikes.
                        Jedz Moto
                        1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                        1988 Honda GL1500-6
                        2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
                        2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                        2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
                        Originally posted by Hayabuser
                        Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

I had an R6 shock conversion on mine at one point.
                          ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                          1982 CB900f

Comment

Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post
                            FZ1 is out, rebuilt the water/oil pump. Didn't blow up but the rear shock lost all it's rebound and turned into a pogo stick from hell at a 100mph pass... WTF!!!

This bike has cost me a small fortune to bring up to speed and it still is breaking. Hope after the shock it won't break for a while (it shouldn't for most of the bits are now new ).

Wish it was running good... I forget how much I love FAST bikes.

Munk's Maxim: "There is no such thing as a cheap motorcycle"
                            Currently in the Stable :
                            2002 Honda Goldwing GL1800 Sunburst Pearl Orange
                            1983 Suzuki GS850 GL Blue & Black

" I am never lost until I run out of fuel...until that moment I am EXPLORING."
                            - Carl R. Munkwitz

Munk's Maxim: "There is no such thing as a cheap motorcycle"

Comment

I hope more than one image is okay...

Today I rode about 180 km, to go to a place I call "Otter Bridge" (it is not called that, but I did see baby Otters there once). I did not find any otters today, but I found some baby reindeer (some car bro was flashing his lights to warn me).

The bridge.

Where the otters sometimes are (none today tho).

Baby reindeer, seemlingly alone. Their flock (herd? pack?) was about a kilometer down the road.

Ocean with a traditional Norwegian sjark in the background, it must have gotten fish because there were tons of seagulls.
                              GS1000G 1981

Comment

Baby reindeer, seemlingly alone. Their flock (herd? pack?) was about a kilometer down the road.

Herd.
                                ---- Dave
                                79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
                                80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
                                79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
                                92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

Working...
                                X