anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GS1150Pilot View Post
    Are there any roads around there with some curves?
    Unfortunately northern Indiana is like northern Ohio and there isn’t much from what I’ve seen when I’ve been in that area.

But GSGeno, if you haven’t already you ought to head south towards the Bedford/Shoals/Paoli area where you’ll find some really fun riding.
    Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
    1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
    2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
    Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
    and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Oh, yeah-I know northern Ohio, especially the eastern side. I spent my childhood outside Cleveland and still go back every year.
      "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
      ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
      1982 CB900f

Comment

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
        Gene, nice video. I see a lot of throttle wrist action there.
        This may be the simplest and most effect mod. It works a treat.

https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...1+throttle+mod
        Damn, Id love that. I feel the grip is awkward when I give it a lot of throttle.

Originally posted by Burque73 View Post
        Took the GS shopping for a mother's day gift. I'm just glad she didn't ask for a dishwasher.

When you have stuff like that on the back, how do you get on and off?
        GS1000G 1981

Comment

Originally posted by Noreg View Post
          .................When you have stuff like that on the back, how do you get on and off?
          It's not too difficult. When my wife rides with me, she has a hard time getting on after me so she hops on and scoots back, then I slide a leg over and we're off.
          Roger

Current rides
          1983 GS 850G
          2003 FJR 1300A
          Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

EZ way, left foot on left peg, hands on bars, step up and lift right leg over. Same as mounting a horse.
            "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
            1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
            1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
            1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

I was gonna say, either way, he’s got a kitchen aid riding pillion, but I won’t. That would be sexist.

Edit:

No offense Roger.

It was a joke.

a bad one.

I’ll let my self out.
              Last edited by Rich82GS750TZ; 05-12-2020, 05:31 PM.
              Rich
              1982 GS 750TZ
              2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
              Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

It's not too difficult. When my wife rides with me, she has a hard time getting on after me so she hops on and scoots back, then I slide a leg over and we're off.
                Originally posted by Buffalo Bill View Post
                EZ way, left foot on left peg, hands on bars, step up and lift right leg over. Same as mounting a horse.
                This is what I do when I have stuff stuck. I always feel worried it'll slide and Ill be embarassed. And I bump the mirror so it gets misadjusted.

For some reason when I jump off I imagine Im flexible enough (I am not really).
                GS1000G 1981

Comment

Originally posted by Rich82GS750TZ View Post
                  I was gonna say, either way, he’s goat a kitchen aid riding pillion, but I won’t. That would be sexist.
                  If you had said that I would have laughed, but you didn't so I won't.

Originally posted by Rich82GS750TZ View Post
                  Edit:

No offense Roger.

It was a joke.

a bad one.

I’ll let my self out.
                  None taken. Even my wife chuckled at the comment you didn't make.
                  Roger

Current rides
                  1983 GS 850G
                  2003 FJR 1300A
                  Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

If you had said that I would have laughed, but you didn't so I won't.

None taken. Even my wife chuckled at the comment you didn't make.
                    I almost didn’t use the more doggerel term “riding bi+§h” instead of “riding pillion”. I’m really glad I didn’t not say THAT!
                    Rich
                    1982 GS 750TZ
                    2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
                    Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

IMG_20200512_143131748.jpg

Been taking fairly local rides on lockdown. This is at a Schuylkill river trailhead park I often stop at. Used to be loaded with totem poles and carved tree stumps done by a Marine corp vet. Most are rotted away now. Nice day! High 50's but breezy.
                      1981 Suzuki GS650G

Comment

IMG_20200512_143224584.jpg

Same park. West of Shoemakersville, Pa.
                        1981 Suzuki GS650G

Comment

Here you go Hank....

Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                          '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Here you go Hank....
                            Thanks Baatfam! Site would not let me upload photos at all except as attachments. Even after resizing. No problems doing that before. Looks like I might have knackered my phone lens with frequent alcohol cleaning.
                            1981 Suzuki GS650G

Comment

Originally posted by hank2 View Post
                              Thanks Baatfam! Site would not let me upload photos at all except as attachments. Even after resizing. No problems doing that before. Looks like I might have knackered my phone lens with frequent alcohol cleaning.
                              That looks so serene. And your bike is sooo clean.

Does that tank bag use magnets?
                              GS1000G 1981

Comment

Originally posted by Noreg View Post
                                That looks so serene. And your bike is sooo clean.

Does that tank bag use magnets?
                                Not so clean if you're close, ha! Yes, magnets. An old Givi bag that I had used on an airhead,
                                1981 Suzuki GS650G

Comment

Working...
                                X