No announcement yet.

anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What a whirlwind the last couple of days were. Traveled pretty far to get my new machine and took it out for 100 miles... What a monster... Love it!

Looks like I have some PMs to return.
    Best,
    Jedz Moto
    1980 Suzuki GS1000G
    1988 Honda GL1500-6
    2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
    2020 Honda Monkey Z125
    2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
    Originally posted by Hayabuser
    Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

I gots to admit it, Justin.....That is one ugly motorbike... (IMNSHO)

LOL....Enjoy....
      Last edited by Baatfam; 05-14-2020, 07:47 AM.
      Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
      '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Nice Jedz. Weren't you were holding out for an Indian? I've always thought the VMax looked BadA$$.
        Rich
        1982 GS 750TZ
        2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
        Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

So Jedz, I guess you were tired of being late for work! I think V-Max will get you to work on time! I can't wait to hear your review on the Max. 👍
          My Motorcycles:
          22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
          22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
          82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
          81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
          79 1000e (all original)
          82 850g (all original)
          80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post
            What a whirlwind the last couple of days were. Traveled pretty far to get my new machine and took it out for 100 miles... What a monster... Love it!
            100 miles being as far as it will go before you have to start searching for a gas station ...
            "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
            ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
            1982 CB900f

Comment

LMAO @Bob - Photos just don't do this bike justice, wife said the same and now she sees it in person and absolutely loves it. I think it's like the BMW K1300 Naked... It grows on you.

Rich- I was looking for an Indian FTR1200 but I have ALWAYS wanted a Vmax 1700... This one was the right price at the right time and I just couldn't say no.

Norm- This is my get on and ride alone bike. No plan to do any big tours on it, not planning on commuting with it, I promised myself when I was debt free and could buy one cash I would... And I did! I have a video in the pan at Jedzmoto.com hoping to get that out sooner vs later... Work is kicking my butt as of recent though. Hope the FJR is doing well for ya!!!
              Jedz Moto
              1980 Suzuki GS1000G
              1988 Honda GL1500-6
              2020 Honda Monkey Z125
              Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Originally posted by GS1150Pilot View Post
                100 miles being as far as it will go before you have to start searching for a gas station ...
                I have a custom after market tank on the way! There was some money left in my funds and a custom tank was ordered!.. As stated; hell of a deal. The new tank is a 6.5 gallon tank vs the stock 3.8 so it will yield 150-200 mile practical range. I'll still run my T120 for the big rides and cross country rides I have planned and will plan.
                Jedz Moto
                1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                1988 Honda GL1500-6
                2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

That Triumph is, to me, the coolest bike you've owned.

Holy s#it. Is that bigger tank one of those $1300 wonders from Europe?
                  ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                  1982 CB900f

Comment

That Triumph is, to me, the coolest bike you've owned.

Holy s#it. Is that bigger tank one of those $1300 wonders from Europe?
                    The Triumph is the best bike I've ever owned at this point. It is refusing to quite... Should roll over to 52K miles by the end of this week! I have 0 intention to get rid of it.

The one I found is through the Vmax owners group and is a small shop in the Netherlands, great guys! It's was closer to $900 shipped. There is one in England that is $1300 for 5 gallons, I needed at least 2 gallon increase to justify the cost. The added tank still puts me very comfy within my "Vmax" budget. You could almost say I stole my Vmax...

Best,
                    Jedz Moto
                    1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                    1988 Honda GL1500-6
                    2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

The Triumph is the best bike I've ever owned at this point. It is refusing to quite... Should roll over to 52K miles by the end of this week! I have 0 intention to get rid of it.

The one I found is through the Vmax owners group and is a small shop in the Netherlands, great guys! It's was closer to $900 shipped. There is one in England that is $1300 for 5 gallons, I needed at least 2 gallon increase to justify the cost. The added tank still puts me very comfy within my "Vmax" budget. You could almost say I stole my Vmax...

Best,
                      You should check availability in Canada...35% for your dollar!
                      No signature

Comment

I'm going to install a 1275 kit into the Sportster this summer. In the long run, I may end up buying a Dyna, but for now, I continue to get a kick out of this model.
                        ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                        1982 CB900f

Comment

I like you Justin, you make me look normal.

V-Max is a cool machine, and a rare one... you won't be seeing yourself at every corner on it.
                          2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT
                          2007 Triumph Bonneville T100 w/sidecar

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
                            You should check availability in Canada...35% for your dollar!
                            I did some deep scouring and even across the border I wasn't fining much, the bike is pretty rare and the price is naturally high because of it. I also don't read French too well so the sites I was on were getting frustrating...

I'm going to install a 1275 kit into the Sportster this summer. In the long run, I may end up buying a Dyna, but for now, I continue to get a kick out of this model.
                            I love your Sporty story. The 1275 will really wake the bike up! My XR1200 got 35-40mpg and had like an 80-110 mile range on the tank. I'm going to guess you will get the same mileage after the conversion... Maybe better if your taller than a standard XR on the Primary gearing.

Originally posted by Hayabuser View Post
                            I like you Justin, you make me look normal.

V-Max is a cool machine, and a rare one... you won't be seeing yourself at every corner on it.
                            Definitely not! I think I might have one of of a very small number in Vermont. In fact, I've only seen one in Vermont in the last 10 years I can think of... I had the B-King and the Vmax is definitely the better bike. The engine is just AWESOME.

King weirdo here so, I make most look normal

Cheers!
                            Jedz Moto
                            1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                            1988 Honda GL1500-6
                            2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

I did some deep scouring and even across the border I wasn't fining much, the bike is pretty rare and the price is naturally high because of it. I also don't read French too well so the sites I was on were getting frustrating...

I love your Sporty story. The 1275 will really wake the bike up! My XR1200 got 35-40mpg and had like an 80-110 mile range on the tank. I'm going to guess you will get the same mileage after the conversion... Maybe better if your taller than a standard XR on the Primary gearing.

Definitely not! I think I might have one of of a very small number in Vermont. In fact, I've only seen one in Vermont in the last 10 years I can think of... I had the B-King and the Vmax is definitely the better bike. The engine is just AWESOME.

King weirdo here so, I make most look normal

Cheers!
                              I'm sure you have seen this already...

No signature

Comment

Most of the Sportster owners with the 1275 kit (without radical head work and cams) are getting about 45 mpg. I have the 4.5 gallon tank, and right now I average about 50 mpg.
                                ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                                1982 CB900f

Comment

Working...
                                X