No announcement yet.

anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Took a 350 mile ride around Northeast New Mexico yesterday. I'm still not sure why I turned right at Las Vegas (NM) and headed away from the mountains. It got hot! Over 100°F. Sure looks a lot like Kansas out there.

Not too much traffic down that stretch though, which was nice. At one point I stopped to take a drink and noticed a stream of water flowing out of my tail trunk. The lid came unscrewed on my bottle and spilled in the trunk. I had more water, but my tools and other stuff got soaked.

My spedometer has been kind of wonky at highway speeds for some time, but I think it's completely shot now. The needle looked like a drum stick and the zero was a snare.
    Roger

Current rides
    1983 GS 850G
    2003 FJR 1300A
    Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

500 Miles on all 3 bikes yesterday. Went out for a sunrise ride this AM and will be heading out again once Monday morning paperwork is done... Working from home has been getting nicer and nicer.

Last week i had nearly 2000 miles logged for the week. 1500 of them on the Bonneville alone. This week will be much more as I am headed to NC for a long weekend. I may make a trek to NM in early August to see my best friend in Albuquerque...

Currently I broke 15K miles for the season and coming up to 60K miles on the T120... Riding ALLOT this summer!

Best,
      Jedz Moto
      1980 Suzuki GS1000G
      1988 Honda GL1500-6
      2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
      2020 Honda Monkey Z125
      2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
      Originally posted by Hayabuser
      Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Las Vegas, New Mexico. Haha. I was riding south on on interstate 25. I kept seeing signs Las Vegas 172 miles... I had to pull over to see where the heck I was at! Then I saw mileage signs to Truth or Consequences. What the heck! Only in New Mexico. 😃
        My Motorcycles:
        22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
        22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
        82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
        81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
        79 1000e (all original)
        82 850g (all original)
        80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Originally posted by storm 64 View Post
          Las Vegas, New Mexico. Haha. I was riding south on on interstate 25. I kept seeing signs Las Vegas 172 miles... I had to pull over to see where the heck I was at! Then I saw mileage signs to Truth or Consequences. What the heck! Only in New Mexico. 
          Can't wait to make it out there!!!
          Jedz Moto
          1980 Suzuki GS1000G
          1988 Honda GL1500-6
          2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
          2020 Honda Monkey Z125
          2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
          Originally posted by Hayabuser
          Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Went for a ripper on the Riffer. Took a pic too.

2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT
            2007 Triumph Bonneville T100 w/sidecar

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

7 sessions @ the Ridge today, unfortunately lots of incidents today.
              First one was 3 laps in, a guy on a Kawasaki 600 failed to secure his oil drain bolt.
              He oiled 5 corners delaying the day for everyone for an hour.

Then about 6-7 ran off the track or got in too hot on corners tucking the front.

The last session of the day was the best, as most packed it in or wrapped up the day early, so lots of room to roam.
              GS\'s since 1982: 55OMZ, 550ES, 750ET, (2) 1100ET\'s, 1100S, 1150ES. Current ride is an 83 Katana. Wifes bike is an 84 GS 1150ES

Comment

Originally posted by Carter Turk View Post
                7 sessions @ the Ridge today, unfortunately lots of incidents today.
                First one was 3 laps in, a guy on a Kawasaki 600 failed to secure his oil drain bolt.
                He oiled 5 corners delaying the day for everyone for an hour.

Then about 6-7 ran off the track or got in too hot on corners tucking the front.

The last session of the day was the best, as most packed it in or wrapped up the day early, so lots of room to roam.
                Really busy track day, sounds like a lot of newbee F-ups.
                Found this gopro video, good example of a Ridge track day session.
                Last edited by Buffalo Bill; 06-23-2020, 06:17 AM.
                "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
                1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
                1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
                1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

I just got back from my Trondheim trip. Its 900 km each way.

Some river.

Almost midnight sun waiting for the ferry.

Me on my bike at saltfjellet. Road was doing construction so I had the traffic director guy snap a pic. I was wearing gloves (its COLD there), they are laying on the back. Apart from Saltfjellet it was warm though. Some tunnels are freezing too.

Luggage setup worked pretty well, the net holds things is place and is easy to tighthen.

Edit: https://imgur.com/a/fxqIcj8 <- Some more pictures of the trip
                  GS1000G 1981

Comment

Had been having health problem for over 3 weeks now. Had to cancel out of a 4 day ride with son and soninlaw a couple weeks ago (BrownCounty weekend).

Tried to go for 20-30 mile ride about a week ago, but turned back in about 3 miles.
                    Doing better now, but not back to normal (or maybe will find out what the new normal is).

And during all this, also , dealing with wifes aged parents (86, now longterm care, 83 questionable if should be assisted living) 150 miles away. Had a couple multi day trips up there for that, along with some discord with other family members.

Did get out Sunday for an hour ride.

Was great!
                    I say an hour, but that includes some stops (see Pic Of The Week).
                    But An hour on that bike (small faring, some buffeting, feet forward) was enough.
                    Last edited by Redman; 06-23-2020, 01:09 PM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                    GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by cowboyup3371 View Post
                      Off of Stevenson road out towards Clifton Gorge. Head out of Xenia going north on 42, turn left on Stevenson road and follow it to where it dead ends on Jones Rd
                      Thanks. Easy enough
                      Current Bikes:
                      2001 Yamaha FZ1 (bought same one back)

Comment

Originally posted by storm 64 View Post
                        Steve, you missed your chance on trading your Honda for a Kaw! 
                        All great pictures fellas.

I rode about 525 this weekend. Saturday I rode to Toledo to Tony Packo's for hotdogs. Then I headed south to Findlay Ohio. I was hot and tired, and started getting late. I decided to get a hotel room... I got up early this morning, I had a great ride home. A lot cooler and minimal traffic. 
                        Hey Norm, my wife and I ate at Tony Paco's on Saturday too, only it was not the original one. This one was out on the bypass and was more like a fast food place. We drove up that way to buy a tonneau cover for my truck.
                        Current Bikes:

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
                          Had been having health problem for over 3 weeks now. Had to cancel out of a 4 day ride with son and soninlaw a couple weeks ago (BrownCounty weekend).

Tried to go for 20-30 mile ride about a week ago, but turned back in about 3 miles.
                          Doing better now, but not back to normal (or maybe will find out what the new normal is).

And during all this, also , dealing with wifes aged parents (86, now longterm care, 83 questionable if should be assisted living) 150 miles away. Had a couple multi day trips up there for that, along with some discord with other family members.

Did get out Sunday for an hour ride.

Was great!
                          I say an hour, but that includes some stops (see Pic Of The Week).
                          But An hour on that bike (small faring, some buffeting, feet forward) was enough.
                          I like the beard Dave. Looks good on ya.
                          Current Bikes:

Comment

Dave, Great to see you out and about. Take Care.
                            Rich
                            1982 GS 750TZ
                            2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
                            Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Finally getting to enjoy the Katana.
                              2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT
                              2007 Triumph Bonneville T100 w/sidecar

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

I've had a few interactions with Katman over the years, bought a couple of parts, nothing major, just wondering what you think the purpose of the longer wheelbase is?

It's a beautiful bike, but why does it need to be that long if it's not going to the drag strip?

Seems going out to Renfrew, Cowichan, Tofino or Port Hardy would not be very ideal, if the road curves a bit.

What are your thoughts on how it handles?
                                GS\'s since 1982: 55OMZ, 550ES, 750ET, (2) 1100ET\'s, 1100S, 1150ES. Current ride is an 83 Katana. Wifes bike is an 84 GS 1150ES

Comment

Working...
                                X