No announcement yet.

anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's looking like its going to be a busy summer, and my free time so far has been mostly used riding bicycles with my son and photography, often at the same time. For once I'm not upset about not riding the cycle much. With the older son leaving for college next month and the younger starting HS, I'm feelng the time slip by, more so then usual. Plus my son is very entertaining company.
    I've been on the bicycle a lot this year, and I've read many times that bicycle riding helps maintain ones moto skillset. I'm happy to say that I felt great on the bike last night - even when a deer wandered into the road. It was not close enough to panic, but close enough to brake hard and seek evasive action if he had friends.
    No panic- I braked reasonably hard, scanned for other deer, and didn't target fixate. It felt natural and good.
    I can probably thank our erratic bike riding which keeps me on my toes. He is constantly cutting me off due to my riding too close....
    http://Suzuki gs by Glen Brenner, on Flickr
    sigpic
    When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
    -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
    -Rusty old scooter.
    Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
    https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Finally got some proper rain! Short trip though, my tyre is too bald on the rear.

Got some of my parts though, so I can start working on it.

GS1000G 1981

Comment

^^ Nice raingear!
        I think you're the only folks getting rain in Europe...getting very close to critical droughts in central Europe

Comment

Originally posted by Gorminrider View Post
          ^^ Nice raingear!
          I think you're the only folks getting rain in Europe...getting very close to critical droughts in central Europe
          Its from Biltema (cheap car store that has some gems). First time I tried it, kept me like 96% dry and the visibility is nice (considered getting it in black). Nice to keep my jeans and jacket clean too. I hope it keeps being waterproof (but its cheap so replacable).

9 degrees and rain. Weather here is strange, usually not a lot of rain. But lately there has been. Hope my new tyre arrives soon so I can play around more in the rain.
          GS1000G 1981

Comment

Rode the slab all the way to Youngstown Ohio only getting caught in rain near London/New Vienna area. Reason for the ride to be explained tomorrow but fortunately the ride back will be much more fun
            Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
            1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
            2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
            Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
            and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

After finishing a good amount of vent, electrical, and drywall work on the boys bathroom I went for a 150 mile ride to a state park I’d never been to. On the way home, PA Trooper pulled me over. I feared I was about to get my first “performance award” on a bike.

Trooper: I pulled you over because you failed to come to a complete stop at that stop sign.
              Me: Oh, I though I had, but if you say I didn’t, I didn’t.
              Trooper: You didn’t. Any firearms on you.
              Me: Yes sir
              Trooper: Don’t need to see it. Just tell me where it is.
              Me: cross-draw, right hip, 2 o’clock.
              Trooper: Just don’t reach for it and I’m good.
              Me: Wouldn’t think of it.

After what seemed like 10 minutes in his SUV(but was probably less than 1), comes back and hands me my paperwork. Gives me a written warning. Said that a failure to stop would be an over $300 fine, 3 points and reportable to insurance co. Told him I appreciated the warning very much. He said he rides too, yadayada. Gave me a Big break. Never even asked to see my Concealed Carry Permit.

Anyway. Here a pic of the bathroom and two of bridges: the first was the sketchiest bridge I’ve ever ridden across, the second isn’t quite ready to ride across yet.

Last edited by Rich82GS750TZ; 07-05-2020, 09:11 PM.
              Rich
              1982 GS 750TZ
              2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
              Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

For the July 4th weekend a pic of The American Falls taken from Niagara Falls, Ontario.

2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

I finished the ride back to Dayton from Youngstown with some nice roads south of Cleveland getting home soon after sunset. I need to head back and check out more of 78 as well as 145 plus a couple of others as it was just too much for a single day.

Sun setting by Scott Baker, on Flickr

Stator enjoyed the visit Norm; thank you

Stator and Norm by Scott Baker, on Flickr
                  Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                  1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                  2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                  Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                  and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Originally posted by cowboyup3371 View Post
                    Sun setting by Scott Baker, on Flickr
                    Very eye-catching.
                    ---- Dave
                    79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
                    80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
                    79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
                    92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

Beautiful sunset. A nice scene to ride into.
                      sigpic
                      When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                      -Rusty old scooter.

Comment

http://Suzuki GS by Glen Brenner, on Flickr
                        sigpic

Glen
                        -Rusty old scooter.

Comment

I just realized your avatar is you looking through the fairing, classic. I thought you were in an astronaut's helmet or something. Yes, you are dorkburger
                          Tom

'82 GS1100E Mr. Turbo
                          '79 GS100E
                          Other non Suzuki bikes

Comment

Originally posted by oldGSfan View Post
                            I just realized your avatar is you looking through the fairing, classic. I thought you were in an astronaut's helmet or something. Yes, you are dorkburger
                            Yes, I had such a moment of clarity myself after many months of thinking I was looking at a character from Toy Story, or Captain Video.
                            1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

That pic does seem to cause confusion.
                              sigpic

Glen
                              -Rusty old scooter.

Comment

Headed out tomorrow for a week long ride through BC...

Added a decal to my helmet

No signature

Comment

Working...
                                X