anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First ride of the summer!!!

Well I have finally been able to ride after being cleared from neck surgery back in May! My son and I went to our first bike night together, needless to say, we were the only ones there with vintage/classice bikes!! He rode the baby Kat, and he received a lot of thumbs up!
    Last edited by Guest; 08-19-2012, 08:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SweetP View Post
      Well I have finally been able to ride after being cleared from neck surgery back in May! My son and I went to our first bike night together, needless to say, we were the only ones there with vintage/classice bikes!! He rode the baby Kat, and he received a lot of thumbs up!
      Good to back in the saddle again, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by cowboyup3371 View Post
        Spent the day at a BRC-2 course today. A few Harleys, a Goldwing, a couple of newer Suzukis, a KLR, and my old bike went around in circles for about 7 hours. It was nice and I'll post up some pictures tomorrow.
        How did you do in the figure 8 box? That is a tough one for me.

Comment

Originally posted by subid View Post
          How did you do in the figure 8 box? That is a tough one for me.
          Do you mean the double u-turn? Better than i did in BRC.
          Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
          1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
          2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
          Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
          and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Went to the burbs in search of some twisties through a first preserve I used to frequent as a kid.

I found two, count em, two, curves worth mentioning.

Ah, Illinois.

Anyway, here's a pic.

Comment

Originally posted by Johno View Post
              It is the middle of winter here so sunny but only 19 C or 66 degrees F

My GS1000G

Rickman Kawasaki 1000

Z900 and Rickman
              Good one Johno! This winter's just been perfect riding weather hasn't it? Just awesome...

Looks like you got some other company in that last photo 'ey?
              1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
              1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Originally posted by MadCapsule View Post
                Went to the burbs in search of some twisties through a first preserve I used to frequent as a kid.

Ah, Illinois.

Anyway, here's a pic.

Must have spent HOURS looking to have found double the average in IL.

Comment

Originally posted by oldrookie View Post
                  Must have spent HOURS looking to have found double the average in IL.

Next time I'll have to take pictures of the curves, otherwise people may think I'm not telling the truth!

I turned around and re-rode them probably four times, just to make it worth my time.
                  Last edited by Guest; 08-19-2012, 05:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MadCapsule View Post

Ah, Illinois.
                    You found TWO curves in Illinois???
                    Without pictures of the alleged turns, it didn't happen.

Eric

Comment

Originally posted by 7981GS View Post
                      You found TWO curves in Illinois???
                      Without pictures of the alleged turns, it didn't happen.

Eric

And I'm not even counting the on-ramps and off-ramps for the expressway! (Although I will admit that I have played that game before.)

Comment

Originally posted by lurch12_2000 View Post
                        Good to back in the saddle again, huh?

No doubt Lurch! Felt great, a little apprehensive, but all in all it's great to be riding again! Thanks!

Comment

Went on my annual "Ride TO Cure Juvenile Diabetes". Snapped this shot at our first stop.

A Gem among stones.

A burn out a guy did on his Harley.

Comment

A bike and hike today....Edbot and I went out for some riding with a stop to hike a small mountain with nice views.

Comment

I went down to see Oldschool today, we swapped a few GS parts and he had previously offered to help me with my electrical system. He is definately a master with a multimeter. Thanks a million Rich!
                              ANYWAYS, on the 50 mile ride down I stopped to get a cold pop and stretch, I am finding these dragbars make my hands go numb and hurt my back a little. It got pretty hot today so I was resting against the gas station wall trying to get some shade and stretch. A woman came up to me and pointed across the street to a large property covered in trees and that I should ride over and find a tree to rest in the shade. It sounded like a great idea , as the concrete plaza was no cool oasis. She walked away and disappeared. I rode over , had my cold pop and called Rich to let him know I was getting close.
                              It was a nice gesture from the lady and I relaxed there for 20 minutes and was on my way. Vanity photo of my almost finished project in the SHADE

Comment

Did a 100 miles yesterday with TCK, Dogma, Jesustheplumber, Kparkfan and wife for Josh's birthday ride. No pictures but wonderful twisty action and hot weather. At one point, we saw quite a few nice old cars to include a Dodge Monaco and a Super Bee (or at least painted as one).

Can't wait to do it again soon.
                                Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                                1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                                2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                                Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                                and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Working...
                                X