No announcement yet.

anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I put a little over a hundred miles on the '77 today. Here's a pic taken on the Devil's Backbone.
    Last edited by Guest; 08-27-2012, 09:18 AM.

Comment

GS ace, I love the colors of your '77 and the view.

Eric

Comment

Thanks. The photo of the 380 is in my album, my bikes.

Comment

Went out for a ride this morning and had an absolute blast. Rode with a friend of mine who is into doing track days, and riding fast but safely on the street. I love riding with him, as I always seem to learn something new.

Today we switched bikes, and I rode the bike he normally uses on track days. So I got to ride this!

It's not really a Ferrari, but holy **** was it a hoot. (More people than you'd think are fooled into think that Ferrari actually made the bike. It's very funny)

It's a 1st gen FZR1000, that he bought wrecked and fixed it up. It felt like riding on the back of a cruise missile. Totally different than a GS, and fast as all hell. It was my first time riding a fully faired sport bike, first time riding with clips-ons, AND first time riding a liter bike. I think I'm hooked.

Don't think it can replace my GS as they are great at different things, but a bike like that would make a bitchin' stablemate.

Comment

Nice bike!

Son and I went for a 100 mile RT ride on a part of the PCH from LA to Point Magu. Great practice for our planned trip at the end of summer, and the season doesn't end here until later this month, at least in terms of climate. Some call it an Indian summer.

The practice run went well except when we pulled into a parking lot to turn around. Had a chance to talk to an old dude who use to ride a BMW R60, which he never dropped. Getting out of the lot required a ride up an incline with gravel and a sharp right while trying to beat highway traffic. Visibility down the highway was not great, so I was stuck on the incline trying to find a break in the traffic. Started, then stopped suddenly because I worried that there might not be enough space for both of us. Bad mistake because the bike went down. Bike barely damaged, but pride was more bruised. The old dude came by and asked if he could help. Didn't need any, but was I embarrassed. Shows you how much more I need to learn about handling a bike in a tricky situation.

Originally posted by Tim Tom View Post
            Today we switched bikes, and I rode the bike he normally uses on track days. So I got to ride this!

It's not really a Ferrari, but holy **** was it a hoot. (More people than you'd think are fooled into think that Ferrari actually made the bike. It's very funny)

Comment

Yesterday, I did 120 miles on the 1100 out in the Hill Country. After a killer breakfast at the bowling alley in Blanco, I went through Luckenbach and saw all of the pirates then headed south towards Comfort. The pic is of the Blanco River just east of the town of Blanco. The old GS ran as it did over 30 years ago.....awesome.

Comment

I took Goldie out to stretch her legs a bit...

Eric

Comment

Is that a Mig 21 in the background?

Comment

Originally posted by GS ace View Post
                    Is that a Mig 21 in the background?
                    Probably. There is a place on the other end of this runway that restores them.
                    They moved them all down here for the Air Races in a couple of weeks. http://Airrace.org/

Eric
                    Last edited by Guest; 09-04-2012, 12:40 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MadCapsule View Post
                      Went to the burbs in search of some twisties through a first preserve I used to frequent as a kid.

I found two, count em, two, curves worth mentioning.

Ah, Illinois.
                      Which forest preserve? I know some of them have some curved roadways, but they're all 15 mph kind of roads....

Anyway - no pics, but took a little 300 mile Milwaukee-Joliet round trip for a family function. All interstate hwy, so 70-75 mph the whole trip, and the 'ol girl just ate up the miles.

Comment

yup had to check the load out.
                        Gustov
                        80 GS 1100 LT, 83 1100 G "Scruffy"
                        81 GS 1000 G
                        79 GS 850 G
                        81 GS 850 L
                        83 GS 550 ES, 85 GS 550 ES
                        80 GS 550 L
                        86 450 Rebel, 70CL 70, Yamaha TTR125
                        2002 Honda 919
                        2004 Ural Gear up

Comment

This is what GS riding is about. A siesta stop against a big ol' tree looking at the White Mts on the return leg of a 500+ mile riding and camping trip.....

Comment

I took the Big Guy out for a ride today: down to Denver to check out a vintage bike swap meet, then up to the high country and home the long way on the Peak-Peak Highway. Just starting to get fall colors now, a little earlier than usual. In about two weeks the aspens should be in full color.

Great day for riding!
                            1979 GS1000N
                            2019 Kaw Z900RS
                            plus a few more

Comment

It was beautiful today here in SE Texas, before the rain showed up. Went for a ride and had a beer with the wife, away from the kids. It was almost like paradise.

good times!

Comment

Went out for a ride with my fiancee, this was on her second ride. We had a great day, she is loving being on the bike which is awesome! We ended up doing about 150kms today. We are so lucky to live here. This pic was taken in Sooke BC.
                                No signature

Comment

Working...
                                X