anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hayabuser View Post
    Been fighting vertigo again all week.... felt wobbly and discombobulated on two wheels but at least I got out! ... came home wrecked.... me wrecked, not the RF.
    Had it once a few years ago. Not a fun time at all. My 81yr old mom suffering with it now. She’s waiting for her appointment at the physical therapy place/balance center for an appointment with friend of mine who is the top technician in our area who specializes in vertigo treatment. She’s fantastic. Puts these funky goggles with cameras In them on you, she can see on a monitor, your eyes do crazy things when she rolls your head a certain way. This tells her where the crystals in your inner ear are, and she knows just how to get them back where they belong. First when my friend explained it to me it sounded like some kind of voodoo. It’s not. Hope you get straightened out.
    Last edited by Rich82GS750TZ; 07-09-2020, 11:16 PM.
    Rich
    1982 GS 750TZ
    2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
    Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Originally posted by Rich82GS750TZ View Post
      Had it once a few years ago. Not a fun time at all. My 81yr old mom suffering with it now. She’s waiting for her appointment at the physical therapy place/balance center for an appointment with friend of mine who is the top technician in our area who specializes in vertigo treatment. She’s fantastic. Puts these funky goggles with cameras In them on you, she can see on a monitor, your eyes do grazy things when she rolls your head a certain way. This tells her where the crystals in your inner ear are, and she knows just how to get them back where they belong. First when my friend explained it to me it sounded like some kind of voodoo. It’s not. Hope you get straightened out.
      Mine appears to be an allergic response... to something. Came out of the blue about three years ago June, knocked me on my butt and kept me bed-ridden for a week. July and August were also write-offs but some days I could function ok and others not so much. Last year, I started using a 24-hour nasal spray and it mostly kept it at bay... a miracle! This year, bam, not working anymore. Still using the spray daily 'just in case' but have now started supplementing it with an antihistamine. Benadryl seems to work but the drowsiness is almost as bad as the dizziness. Changed to a non-drowsy Aerius day before yesterday... although I've been off work with this all week, tonight I felt well enough to take a chance on the bike. Glad I did. Perhaps the Aerius is working.

Time will tell.

If this truly is an environmental allergy, I'm going to need to find a different environment before next spring.
      2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT
      2007 Triumph Bonneville T100 w/sidecar

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

I’m not familiar with what you’re describing as being environmental allergy related, but rather a physical Dislocation of the calcium crystals in the inner ear that play a major role in balance. I’m not a doctor or physical therapist. But heres something you could try. The source is Johns Hopkins, so not like it’s a WebMD article.

The home Epley maneuver is a type of exercise help that helps to treat the symptoms of benign paroxysmal positional vertigo (BPPV). You can do this exercise at home.
        Last edited by Rich82GS750TZ; 07-11-2020, 10:31 PM.
        Rich
        1982 GS 750TZ
        2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
        Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Dave, that sounds horrible. I hope you can isolate the cause.
          "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
          ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
          1982 CB900f

Comment

Hope you feel better Dave!!!
            Jedz Moto
            1980 Suzuki GS1000G
            1988 Honda GL1500-6
            2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
            2020 Honda Monkey Z125
            2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
            Originally posted by Hayabuser
            Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Very interesting rear tire you've got there Jedz.

Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post
              Out and about for lunch!

The R1200GS is a damn interesting bike to ride... Quick nimble but just too refined for my tastes. I'm glad to see you liking the R1150GS Eli! Hope to see it in the flesh one of these days...
              Best,
              Current: 2014 BMW R1200GS, 2009 Triumph Tiger 1050, 1996 DR350SE
              Previous: 2022 GSX-S1000GT+, 2007 GSF1250SA Bandit, 2008 DL1000 V-Strom, 1977 GS750B

Comment

Originally posted by gbw View Post
                Very interesting rear tire you've got there Jedz.
                Yeah... Trying something I've never done before, ride from yesterday:
                Jedz Moto
                1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                1988 Honda GL1500-6
                2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Ugh. Never, but hey, it's your ride, and you'll definitely put the miles on it.
                  ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                  1982 CB900f

Comment

Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post
                    Yeah... Trying something I've never done before, ride from yesterday:

I only did the Darkside for 30,000 miles on my old GL1500 Goldwing -\
                    After wearing out 2 front tires I too off the rear car tire - gave it to a fella I know -- he put another 20,000 on it.

It works -- just didn't like the feeling -- for me --

Those who nay say are prevalent - those who do are rare -

To each their own
                    Currently in the Stable :
                    2002 Honda Goldwing GL1800 Sunburst Pearl Orange
                    1983 Suzuki GS850 GL Blue & Black

" I am never lost until I run out of fuel...until that moment I am EXPLORING."
                    - Carl R. Munkwitz

Munk's Maxim: "There is no such thing as a cheap motorcycle"

Comment

Why explicitly said I won't recommend it...
                      Your risk assessment and preference.
                      However I was impressed for I thought it would handle allot worse than it does.
                      Best,
                      Jedz Moto
                      1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                      1988 Honda GL1500-6
                      2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

Plenty of reasons to nay say in my book, but hey, people fire some crazy s#it out of shotguns, too, and I stick with slugs and double ought buck.

~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                        1982 CB900f

Comment

The upside to a bike tire wearing out in 5000-8000 miles is that the bearings, races, chain, sprockets, etc all get inspected every 5-8K miles during the tire change. With a car tire lasting 10x that long, there's a very good chance that regular inspection items will be ignored with possible life-threatening consequences down the road.

Having said that, I look forward to the mile-long rolling burnout video, Justin.
                          2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT
                          2007 Triumph Bonneville T100 w/sidecar

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by GS1150Pilot View Post
                            Plenty of reasons to nay say in my book, but hey, people fire some crazy s#it out of shotguns, too, and I stick with slugs and double ought buck.

LMAO there using a giant Gummy bear as ballistic gel.... I was Laughing out loud at that video...

These videos are great... I have fallen into that trap while browsing the Dark Web of YouTubes. I watched one where they made a whistling projectile... Awesome, especially the ingenuity of those shadetree engineers that design these custom rounds.

Very Addictive...

Originally posted by Hayabuser View Post
                            The upside to a bike tire wearing out in 5000-8000 miles is that the bearings, races, chain, sprockets, etc all get inspected every 5-8K miles during the tire change. With a car tire lasting 10x that long, there's a very good chance that regular inspection items will be ignored with possible life-threatening consequences down the road.

Having said that, I look forward to the mile-long rolling burnout video, Justin.
                            If this rear last twice as long as the last rear tire I will get 4K miles out of it! Shaft drive FTW on the VMAX, I forget how much I love shaft drive...
                            Mile long burnout... Oof that's a challenge!!!
                            Jedz Moto
                            1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                            1988 Honda GL1500-6
                            2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

And the poor ol' TUX ain't getting any love,anymore...

Comment

Originally posted by B.C.G.S. View Post
                                And the poor ol' TUX ain't getting any love,anymore...
                                Not true, I have about 1000 miles on it this year and I'm suiting up now to take it for a 60 mile round trip ride to the shop for a state safety inspection!
                                Jedz Moto
                                1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                                1988 Honda GL1500-6
                                2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

Working...
                                X