No announcement yet.

anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got a nice 75 mile loop in this evening, nice temperature, not really fond of 75 degree plus riding temps.

The after 6pm ride time works out well in the NW for temps, traffic n travel.
    GS\'s since 1982: 55OMZ, 550ES, 750ET, (2) 1100ET\'s, 1100S, 1150ES. Current ride is an 83 Katana. Wifes bike is an 84 GS 1150ES

Comment

Originally posted by Carter Turk View Post
      Got a nice 75 mile loop in this evening, nice temperature, not really fond of 75 degree plus riding temps.

The after 6pm ride time works out well in the NW for temps, traffic n travel.
      How about the Bambi's at that time?
      No signature

Comment

Originally posted by Burque73 View Post
        Dave, if you guys want your beach back you can send some water this way. The Rio Grande is going to look like a dirt road soon.

Just remembered something I wanted to share. I walked into a gas station without a mask and the clerk stopped me and said sorry, you'll need a mask or have to leave. I put my helmet on and flipped the visor down. Problem solved! That's probably a more effective face covering anyway.
        I forgot my mask at the post office yesterday. Wore my helmet. They seemed cool with it.
        2002 bmw r1150gs 1978 gs1000E skunk les pew 1979 gs1000L dragbike
        82 gs1100L probably the next project
        1980 gs1000G the ugly 1978 gs750E need any parts?
        https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m_m2oYJkx1A
        1978 gs1000E skunk #2 RLAP

Comment

Tried to get lost again today. Didn’t happen. I dream of calling into work some Monday morning because I have no idea where I am. All roads lead to somewhere. This one lead to a really great rock formation.

Rich
          1982 GS 750TZ
          2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
          Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Cool pic. I find it hard to get lost these days, but my last few night rides have caused me some confusion, particularly when I got on Rt 9 N instead of S and ended up by Newark Airport...
            sigpic
            When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
            -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
            -Rusty old scooter.
            Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
            https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
            https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

I went out last night with no intention of traveling down memory lane, but that’s where my mind went. With lots of change going on at home, particularly a son about to head off to college, among other things it’s bound to happen. With the recent self generated shifting issue sorted and the cycle running well, my mind and body were free to wander. I headed out to Rt 18s towards the beach areas. 18 is a decent open highway heading south from home with only a bit of potential traffic at one interchange, and one of the nearby roads I ride if I just want a fix of highway noise. Tooling along, I thought of the road itself. Thoughtlessly travelled by me many times, but as of four years ago, it became the road my son rode the bus on to HS. Now four short years later it’s past tense and he is moving on to new adventures and his world is wide open. Meanwhile while I’m still riding the same old bike I’ve owned since before he was born. The bike is a somewhat ragged witness to my last 20 years of riding, and possibly my life itself, yet a welcome constant that connects past, present, and future. I passed the exit for his school and continued on.
              Next was a stop by the grounds that was The Circus drive in restaurant to pay homage of sorts.
              Like many places cool and vintage on a valuable piece of real estate it closed a few years ago. Only the parking lot, sign, and memories remain as a witness to what once was. In another life I rode my 83 GS here often and ate supper before starting my nights out. Decent fast food, a cool vintage spot, and Sally, the waitress I had eyes for. But then as now I had no game and never got the nerve to ask her out on a date..... I grabbed a few pics, touched the sign, and thanked the place for the memories and rode on. The rest of my few hours out were less introspective and spent exploring with my mind mostly in the moment, mainly riding thru beach towns as an observer. I ended up at the bay by Seaside, where I parked for a bit, relaxed and took in the scenery. Twinkling distant lights shone thru the thick summer night humidity, boats silently glided by, and the quiet was intermittently broken by sport bikes being flogged on nearby Rt 37. It called me back and soon I was headed home making noise of my own.

http://GS @ Circus Drive In (RIP) by Glen Brenner, on Flickr

http://Untitled by Glen Brenner, on Flickr

Last edited by dorkburger; 07-19-2020, 11:12 PM.
              sigpic
              When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
              -Rusty old scooter.

Comment

Pulled a Dork Burger... Night ride! Nice, just allot of wildlife.
                Jedz Moto
                1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                1988 Honda GL1500-6
                2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
                2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
                Originally posted by Hayabuser
                Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Wildlife indeed. I've seen deer every night I've been out. Mostly just hanging around eating grass, but one did run across the street last week at full gallop. Thankfully he was a safe distance ahead of me.
                  sigpic

Glen
                  -Rusty old scooter.

Comment

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
                    Wildlife indeed. I've seen deer every night I've been out. Mostly just hanging around eating grass, but one did run across the street last week at full gallop. Thankfully he was a safe distance ahead of me.
                    We have a very active area up here...

I saw what I thought was a cat down the street closer to down town (I'm in a neighborhood but all of us on the row have at least full acre lots so pretty rural, I see a variant of either Fox, Bear, Turkey, Deer or Coyotes on my property at least once a week). Anyway Revved the engine... too late tail, went up with the white strips and it LACED this poor guys front yard... Oops, I giggled until I started gagging. Rode by the is AM and it still smells there. I swear it looked like a cat at the edge of the road!!!
                    Jedz Moto
                    1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                    1988 Honda GL1500-6
                    2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                    Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Deer?? Lol...we have right in the city of Victoria...see them everyday. Just yesterday I had to brake hard in my truck as two came running out from behind a road barrier.
                      Driving around here is like driving through a petting zoo.
                      No signature

Comment

deer... don't get me started.

Yesterday my punk kid and I went to town to the auto parts store and visited a friend for awhile. When we got back to his place we sat down for a cold beer and watched the sky darken. "hmmm. gonna rain eventually.." Suddenly a breeze came along and we both stood up. Him to put his bikes in the shed and me to gear up to go home. Motorcyclist instincts kicked in. I got home about half a minute before a turdfloater came along.

Comment

Originally posted by Eli69 View Post
                          deer... don't get me started.

Yesterday my punk kid and I went to town to the auto parts store and visited a friend for awhile. When we got back to his place we sat down for a cold beer and watched the sky darken. "hmmm. gonna rain eventually.." Suddenly a breeze came along and we both stood up. Him to put his bikes in the shed and me to gear up to go home. Motorcyclist instincts kicked in. I got home about half a minute before a turdfloater came along.
                          How many Deer had Joe hit on his MC now??? You guys have Deer like ticks out there.

We got a doozie in rain last night as well... Left the VMAX in the backyard... Oops, it'll be fine its a Yamaha right?
                          Unsure about you but we need rain pretty bad.
                          Jedz Moto
                          1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                          1988 Honda GL1500-6
                          2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

Timing is everything eh Eli?
                            Larry

'79 GS 1000E
                            '93 Honda ST 1100 SOLD-- now residing in Arizona.
                            '18 Triumph Tiger 800 (gone too soon)
                            '19 Triumph Tiger 800 Christmas 2018 to me from me.
                            '01 BMW R1100RL project purchased from a friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post
                              How many Deer had Joe hit on his MC now??? You guys have Deer like ticks out there.
                              I think he's at 5 so far. I had a pretty close call just yesterday. A fawn seemed to want to race. Ya can't tell 'em nothin.

We went out on the beemers yesterday looking for dirt roads. Found a couple. The kid is pretty good on dirt bikes so I figured he'd do fine in this kind of situation but I was a bit worried about myself. We both made it around this mudhole although I was significantly sloppier. BUT he tipped over earlier when he got caught in a rut. All those crash bars did their job. I gotta get some for mine.

Interesting point: Every rocky, muddy back road I've been down on that beemer I've ridden even worse on the ugly. In case you don't know, the ugly is my 80 gs1000g with full luggage and big, fat vetter fairing. Just sayin.
                              Last edited by Eli69; 07-21-2020, 06:32 PM.

Comment

I got the Suzuki out today for it's initial shake down run following carb cleaning and a bunch of other little tidbits.
                                Just over 100 miles and she performs just as she should. It felt really good to ride that machine again. It's been toooooo long.

Anyway, I caught a couple of pics of the beautiful skyline of Nebraska, disguised a cornfields. Friggin corn everywhere.

IMG_20200721_122455363 by Larry Alkire, on Flickr

Here's where I stopped. It's called Round the Bend steakhouse and it smelled like heaven if you're into smelling steaks on the grill. Located in South Bend, Ne., a little one horse town with a sign marking it's 4 exits.
                                Must be Nebraska humor.

IMG_20200721_122123166_HDR by Larry Alkire, on Flickr

Larry

'79 GS 1000E
                                '93 Honda ST 1100 SOLD-- now residing in Arizona.
                                '18 Triumph Tiger 800 (gone too soon)
                                '19 Triumph Tiger 800 Christmas 2018 to me from me.
                                '01 BMW R1100RL project purchased from a friend.

Comment

Working...
                                X