No announcement yet.

anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My B12 was a great bike, but I never was comfortable on it. Always put pressure on my wrists. I tried 2 sets of risers and 3 different bars. I also prefer the 80-81 1100e over the 82-83 for riding position. Subtle difference, but noticeable. Congrats on the Bandit, Trev. Did it replace something? Trade on the Cooley?
    sigpic
    09 Kaw C14 Rocket powered Barcalounger
    1983 GS1100e
    82\83 1100e Frankenbike
    1980 GS1260
    Previous 65 Suzuki 80 Scrambler, 76 KZ900, 02 GSF1200S, 81 GS1100e, 80 GS850G

Comment

Originally posted by bobgroger View Post
      My B12 was a great bike, but I never was comfortable on it. Always put pressure on my wrists. I tried 2 sets of risers and 3 different bars. I also prefer the 80-81 1100e over the 82-83 for riding position. Subtle difference, but noticeable. Congrats on the Bandit, Trev. Did it replace something? Trade on the Cooley?
      I agree on the 80-81 1100 being more comfortable than the 82-83 1100
      No trades...still have all the other bikes...I bought this to flip...paid $1250 ($930us) for it....cleaned it up and rode it...now I can't bring myself to selling it. Lucky for me my wife gets it.
      No signature

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
        No trades...still have all the other bikes...I bought this to flip...paid $1250 ($930us) for it....cleaned it up and rode it...now I can't bring myself to selling it. Lucky for me my wife gets it.
        I went back and looked at the thread of how you got it. Good score. Bandits never got the love they should have. The modern UJM.
        sigpic
        09 Kaw C14 Rocket powered Barcalounger
        1983 GS1100e
        82\83 1100e Frankenbike
        1980 GS1260
        Previous 65 Suzuki 80 Scrambler, 76 KZ900, 02 GSF1200S, 81 GS1100e, 80 GS850G

Comment

My bars are set up to be optimum at speeds above 60 mph. Grand Prix bars rotated rearward until the grips barely clear the top of the tank with room for hands. That gives a little bit of body lean forward. At 60+, chest angle is balanced to airflow and there is zero weight on my wrists. If I take my hands off the grips and hold them above the grips, they float, no effort at all. No effort required for the lean either, chest is floating/supported too. The only restriction to the length of a ride is how long I can stay awake. LOL
          All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Originally posted by earlfor View Post
            My bars are set up to be optimum at speeds above 60 mph. Grand Prix bars rotated rearward until the grips barely clear the top of the tank with room for hands. That gives a little bit of body lean forward. At 60+, chest angle is balanced to airflow and there is zero weight on my wrists. If I take my hands off the grips and hold them above the grips, they float, no effort at all. No effort required for the lean either, chest is floating/supported too. The only restriction to the length of a ride is how long I can stay awake. LOL
            One thing I don’t like are the stock bars... they look cheap. Plus too narrow for what I like. Going to get some super bike bars. 🙂
            No signature

Comment

One thing I don’t like are the stock bars... they look cheap. Plus too narrow for what I like. Going to get some super bike bars. 
              You probably have longer arms than I do, so they may work well for you. They force too much forward lean for me.
              All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Took the FJR out for a spin today. Seems odd being able to hit freeway speeds in second gear, but I think I'll get used to it. LOL

We've had a bit of rain lately so there's actually water in the Rio Grande South of Albuquerque. A lot of times it's dry as a bone down there.

Roger

Current rides
                1983 GS 850G
                2003 FJR 1300A
                Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

I rode down to Tucson on Friday and just got back. It's only a 210 mile round-trip, but the back way (79) down is scenic and not highly trafficked. Rode though a rain storm for about 30 minutes on the way in while listening to Robert Plant. Perfect way to get into town. No pics, because I just enjoyed the ride. On the way back, I listened to Zeppelin. Really nice weekend.
                  "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
                  ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                  1982 CB900f

Comment

I took a weekend ride following the Ohio River. I went to the "Sciota Ribber" in Portsmouth Ohio. The "Ribber" is a restaurant known for their open pit fire cooked steaks, delicious! Then I spent the night in Chillicothe Ohio. Sunday, I jumped the river to the West Virginia side. While cruising along I saw this weird creature, like a human with wings! I went to the next town (Point Pleasant West Virginia) to tell someone what I saw. Turns out it was the "Moth Man"! 😉 I ventured east some more, I came to interstate 77. It was hot, getting late in the day, I figured I better start heading towards home, I jumped on 77 north and made some time on the highway. I logged about 750 miles for the weekend. It was a fun HOT weekend. 🌞
                    Attached Files
                    My Motorcycles:
                    22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
                    22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
                    82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
                    81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
                    79 1000e (all original)
                    82 850g (all original)
                    80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Originally posted by storm 64 View Post
                      I took a weekend ride following the Ohio River. I went to the "Sciota Ribber" in Portsmouth Ohio. The "Ribber" is a restaurant known for their open pit fire cooked steaks, delicious! Then I spent the night in Chillicothe Ohio. Sunday, I jumped the river to the West Virginia side. While cruising along I saw this weird creature, like a human with wings! I went to the next town (Point Pleasant West Virginia) to tell someone what I saw. Turns out it was the "Moth Man"!  I ventured east some more, I came to interstate 77. It was hot, getting late in the day, I figured I better start heading towards home, I jumped on 77 north and made some time on the highway. I logged about 750 miles for the weekend. It was a fun HOT weekend. 
                      Kerry (kerrfunk) has posted pics of the mothman before. You probably weren't too far from his place.
                      Rich
                      1982 GS 750TZ
                      2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
                      Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

No bike pics from last night, as I was primarily on a photography outing, with a fun way to get there. It did turn out to be a fun ride. On the last couple of rides I felt like I was going thru the motions. Last night was just plain fun. My night rides lately have been fairly slow / easy cruises due to potential of deer, mood, etc.
                        last night was pretty much the same until I found myself on a very deserted and well lit stretch of Rt 37 heading home. I got caught at a light, but no cars were there. When the light went green, I ripped thru the first three gears then backed off. I then started int to full on belly laughter for a good 30 seconds... that 35 year old 1150 still has plenty of power..... I sort of forgot.
                        sigpic
                        When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                        -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                        -Rusty old scooter.
                        Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                        https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                        https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
                          No bike pics from last night, as I was primarily on a photography outing, with a fun way to get there. It did turn out to be a fun ride. On the last couple of rides I felt like I was going thru the motions. Last night was just plain fun. My night rides lately have been fairly slow / easy cruises due to potential of deer, mood, etc.
                          last night was pretty much the same until I found myself on a very deserted and well lit stretch of Rt 37 heading home. I got caught at a light, but no cars were there. When the light went green, I ripped thru the first three gears then backed off. I then started int to full on belly laughter for a good 30 seconds... that 35 year old 1150 still has plenty of power..... I sort of forgot.
                          Well, it is a 1150. One of the biggest and baddest Suzuki GS's ever made! 👍 I'm sure your motorcycle was enjoying the rip session too. " Awe, finally the old man is letting me breathe" haha. Glad you were able to get out and rip up the highway a little bit. 🙂
                          My Motorcycles:
                          22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
                          22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
                          82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
                          81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
                          79 1000e (all original)
                          82 850g (all original)
                          80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Ha. I certainly dont baby it, but lately I've been mainly doing a lot of short shifting and enjoying the feel of twisting the throttle and letting the torque pull me back.
                            sigpic
                            When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                            -Rusty old scooter.

Comment

I tried exploring a road Iw as curious about. Came to this place:

Sign says: "End of road maintained by municipality". They must have a liberal definition of maintained, the road up to this sign had grass growing in the middle of the road. If it wasn't so late Id have gone to the end, but I was somewhat worried about being stranded there. Looked like this further in: https://i.imgur.com/phMHbuK.jpg

Wanted to look at pink clouds, today was a bad night for pink clouds, and I went to the wrong side of the island (or more correctly, I went to the mainland).
                              Last edited by Noreg; 07-27-2020, 07:13 PM.
                              GS1000G 1981

Comment

You have some spectacular views over there.
                                sigpic

Glen
                                -Rusty old scooter.

Comment

Working...
                                X