anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
    You have some spectacular views over there.
    Yeah, I can't complain. Its really nice now that the sky is orange, pink, purple in the mornings/evenings. And it still isn't dark, so its nice to ride during the night.

I thought I saw a whale in the ocean, but it was just a rock just bellow the surface making waves.
    GS1000G 1981

Comment

Had a fun day @ The Ridge yesterday. A bit hot 93 out with the pit asphalt @140.
      My shift linkage fell off in the second session, but luckily was just a screw, not the linkage shaft.
      They added a new 3 turn chicane, which I can't say I really like that much.

I think they added it to slow the Moto America folks who are here next month.
      The old layout had a daunting 160mph + approach to turn 1, depending on the bike being ridden, which was really challenging and somewhat scary to get right.
      GS\'s since 1982: 55OMZ, 550ES, 750ET, (2) 1100ET\'s, 1100S, 1150ES. Current ride is an 83 Katana. Wifes bike is an 84 GS 1150ES

Comment

No pics?
        There are some of us that live vicariously through you track guys.

Were you on the Kat?
        2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

I got out for 350 miles today. Most of the ride details will be posted in the carb, fuel, exhaust forum. Check it out.

Was planning on stopping at a town 45 miles away for gas and as I left home I shortly went onto the reserve setting. I'm using a new Pingle petcock so I need to know just how far I can travel on res. I was 1/2 mile from the gas station when the bike died due to fuel starvation.

This pic will show the reason for fuel starvation. Luckily I was able to coast it right up to the pump.

IMG_20200728_110119239_HDR by Larry Alkire, on Flickr
          Larry

'79 GS 1000E
          '93 Honda ST 1100 SOLD-- now residing in Arizona.
          '18 Triumph Tiger 800 (gone too soon)
          '19 Triumph Tiger 800 Christmas 2018 to me from me.
          '01 BMW R1100RL project purchased from a friend.

Comment

Originally posted by alke46 View Post
            I got out for 350 miles today. Most of the ride details will be posted in the carb, fuel, exhaust forum. Check it out.

Was planning on stopping at a town 45 miles away for gas and as I left home I shortly went onto the reserve setting. I'm using a new Pingle petcock so I need to know just how far I can travel on res. I was 1/2 mile from the gas station when the bike died due to fuel starvation.

This pic will show the reason for fuel starvation. Luckily I was able to coast it right up to the pump.

IMG_20200728_110119239_HDR by Larry Alkire, on Flickr
            Wow, glad that worked out for you. Surely if I tried that there would be a stoplight that waits for just the right moment to make me lose momentum.

In regards to running low on fuel, the FJR has a digital display. I watched the bars in the display go away one by one, then the last bar started blinking. The trip odometer zeros out and starts tracking how far since that bar started blinking. I only got to one mile and stopped for gas. Really don't want to push that bike through the rez. It's supposed to have 1.6 gal at that point so I suppose another 50 miles would not be too risky.
            Roger

Current rides
            1983 GS 850G
            2003 FJR 1300A
            Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Originally posted by steve murdoch View Post
              No pics?
              There are some of us that live vicariously through you track guys.

Were you on the Kat?
              The Kat engine has been taking a long nap since 2017, but stole the engine out of my wife's 1150 a while back 4/19, so I'm still riding the Kat on the street.

I was riding my beater 04 gsxr 750 track only bike. The photographer 360photography.com will have photos up tomorrow afternoon, I'll try to figure how to post some from my chrome book.
              GS\'s since 1982: 55OMZ, 550ES, 750ET, (2) 1100ET\'s, 1100S, 1150ES. Current ride is an 83 Katana. Wifes bike is an 84 GS 1150ES

Comment

Got out tonight for a ride in the hood on the old 750

No signature

Comment

long time, no see.

Comment

I had a bit of a scare. Riding home from visiting dad after dark. I decided to take the state road for a few miles cuz it has a big hill with some fun turns. Well there was a state cop sitting there and he pulled out and followed me at a respectable distance all the way to where I turned off onto the back roads to home. When I got home I realized that I had no tail light or brake light.

I think the cop was just making sure no one caught up to me but wasn't in the mood to actually pull me over.

Seems the tail light on a bmw r1150gs is about the cheapest plastic part I've ever seen. The rest of this bike is rock solid but the tail light housing is minimalist at best. It was melted and had blown two fuses. Hopefully it also doesn't cost much to replace.
                    2002 bmw r1150gs 1978 gs1000E skunk les pew 1979 gs1000L dragbike
                    82 gs1100L probably the next project
                    1980 gs1000G the ugly 1978 gs750E need any parts?
                    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m_m2oYJkx1A
                    1978 gs1000E skunk #2 RLAP

Comment

Hi....just testing my pics...I have noticed they are not great quality...I have been copying them from facebook to here...I have now changed my download setting on facebook to allow for original hd when posting from my phone....let's see if it works...

No signature

Comment

looks good to me. nice pic Definitely better than the one at the top of post #9982.
                        Rich
                        1982 GS 750TZ
                        2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
                        Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Originally posted by Rich82GS750TZ View Post
                          looks good to me. nice pic Definitely better than the one at the top of post #9982.
                          Cool....thanks!
                          No signature

Comment

I did the mandatory post wash ride. My bike now does not leak oil from the oil cover filter, even if ridden hard (rode for about 90 minutes). Yay me.

It still sweats oil from the generator cover, and oil is coming out the rubber thing between final and secondary drive.

But its soo fun to ride the bike without worrying about losing oil.

I only went to the airport and back (45 minutes each way and 90kmh speed limits).Was a bit more trafficky than Id like. I considered stopping at the gas station for a coffee wtih the biker people, but I decided to just ride back.
                            GS1000G 1981

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
                              Hi....just testing my pics...I have noticed they are not great quality...I have been copying them from facebook to here...I have now changed my download setting on facebook to allow for original hd when posting from my phone....let's see if it works...

That 750 is a cool looking bike.
                              Current Bikes:
                              2001 Yamaha FZ1 (bought same one back)

Comment

Originally posted by ddaniels View Post
                                That 750 is a cool looking bike.
                                Thanks! I don’t ride it nearly enough but when I do I enjoy it.
                                No signature

Comment

Working...
                                X