No announcement yet.

anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

118228197_10158599445382618_1848542718653870959_n.jpgTaken out of two year storage,Changed oil,Dusted off the cobwebs, Had a ride down to the coast today,Rides superbly ����

Comment

Originally posted by ste gs1000 View Post
      [ATTACH=CONFIG]61550[/ATTACH]Taken out of two year storage,Changed oil,Dusted off the cobwebs, Had a ride down to the coast today,Rides superbly ����

Excellent!
      Means you have a good bedtime routine for your bike.
      2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Got the '80 1260 licensed this week. I have not ridden it much after the RS38 carbs and some other changes. The RS carbs require a LOT of effort to open the throttle, and need as much effort to close them even with a push-pull throttle. I need to get to the dragstrip to see what the difference is, but between the carbs and me losing 50 pounds it is substantial....

sigpic
        09 Kaw C14 Rocket powered Barcalounger
        1983 GS1100e
        82\83 1100e Frankenbike
        1980 GS1260
        Previous 65 Suzuki 80 Scrambler, 76 KZ900, 02 GSF1200S, 81 GS1100e, 80 GS850G

Comment

Originally posted by bobgroger View Post
          Got the '80 1260 licensed this week. I have not ridden it much after the RS38 carbs and some other changes. The RS carbs require a LOT of effort to open the throttle, and need as much effort to close them even with a push-pull throttle. I need to get to the dragstrip to see what the difference is, but between the carbs and me losing 50 pounds it is substantial....

Jebus Bob...that looks awesome!!!
          No signature

Comment

Beautiful.
            Now that's a muscle bike!
            2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

That bike is TIDY! Does it run as good as it looks?

Just curious, why do people change the carbs?
              GS1000G 1981

Comment

I used the GS to run some errands after work yesterday. Approaching a stop sign I realized I didn't secure the bungee net on the back. At the stop sign I lowered the side stand, or at least I thought I did, and well, it took a nap at the stop sign. I tumbled away from it as this was on a fairly steep incline, low side to the left of course. Three passers by came to check on me. Man that's embarrasing!

Broken turn signal and a smudge on the windjammer is all the bike suffered, but I may have bruised or broken a rib or something. Could have been an elbow, knee or hand injury for sure. About thirty minutes prior I was talking with my son about heading out for a short ride, but almost took the car instead of gearing up to ride. He said, just throw on a helmet and ride It's just a couple of miles. I insisted on gearing up and am so glad I did. Hopefully he learned from this too. ATGATT!

Forgot to mention my takeaway from this. Always visually check the sidestand is down before committing to leaning the bike, and choose better more level ground when possible.
                Last edited by Burque73; 08-21-2020, 10:02 AM.
                Roger

Current rides
                1983 GS 850G
                2003 FJR 1300A
                Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Originally posted by Noreg View Post
                  That bike is TIDY! Does it run as good as it looks?

Just curious, why do people change the carbs?
                  I primarily use this bike for 1/4 mile drag racing. I changed the carbs strictly to go quicker. Racing is on hold for me this year, but the bike needed some exercise. The bike is already way faster than the limits of the rider, but I am considering cams over the winter. Slower than a modern liter bike, but faster than a stock KZ\GS and most new 600's. This is the one I will never sell....
                  sigpic
                  09 Kaw C14 Rocket powered Barcalounger
                  1983 GS1100e
                  82\83 1100e Frankenbike
                  1980 GS1260
                  Previous 65 Suzuki 80 Scrambler, 76 KZ900, 02 GSF1200S, 81 GS1100e, 80 GS850G

Comment

Originally posted by Burque73 View Post
                    I used the GS to run some errands after work yesterday. Approaching a stop sign I realized I didn't secure the bungee net on the back. At the stop sign I lowered the side stand, or at least I thought I did, and well, it took a nap at the stop sign. I tumbled away from it as this was on a fairly steep incline, low side to the left of course. Three passers by came to check on me. Man that's embarrasing!

Broken turn signal and a smudge on the windjammer is all the bike suffered, but I may have bruised or broken a rib or something. Could have been an elbow, knee or hand injury for sure. About thirty minutes prior I was talking with my son about heading out for a short ride, but almost took the car instead of gearing up to ride. He said, just throw on a helmet and ride It's just a couple of miles. I insisted on gearing up and am so glad I did. Hopefully he learned from this too. ATGATT!

Forgot to mention my takeaway from this. Always visually check the sidestand is down before committing to leaning the bike, and choose better more level ground when possible.
                    Sorry to hear about that Roger, but we've all done it and to those who haven't done it, just know it is always looming on the horizon. Your worst injury will take weeks or months to heal. That is how long it usually takes a bruised ego to heal

When are you going to add that new bike to your signature line?

edit: one of my most embarrassing moments happened the first time I rode my bicycle with quick release pedals. I returned home from a short "test" ride only to stop in front of the garage door without releasing the locked in place shoe from the pedal. Talk about embarrassing. I was just wondering how many people witnessed that act of stupidity.
                    Last edited by alke46; 08-21-2020, 10:30 AM.
                    Larry

'79 GS 1000E
                    '93 Honda ST 1100 SOLD-- now residing in Arizona.
                    '18 Triumph Tiger 800 (gone too soon)
                    '19 Triumph Tiger 800 Christmas 2018 to me from me.
                    '01 BMW R1100RL project purchased from a friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Burque73 View Post

I did that on my 1150 in our school parking lot some years back. Ugh-sorry!
                      "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
                      ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                      1982 CB900f

Comment

Badass bike Bob, but losing 50 pounds? Good on ya!
                        2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT
                        2007 Triumph Bonneville T100 w/sidecar

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

Does this count?

Did a run in the rain trailering it! I don't really see the appeal of having a trailer queen...
                          GS1000G 1981

Comment

Finally my bike is in order. So I went to see Sweden (from a safe distance obviously):

Sadly they have placed these giant fans on Bjørnefjell (Bear Mountain directly translated) that makes it really windy:

I saw a tiny church on the mountain by the train station (no good angle to take a shot of the train station):

Filled her with 98 today, probably not much use but I felt bad I left the gas tank on some wet cardboard on the lawn:

Weather was cold and wet and somewhat windy. I crossed the suspension bridge to Narvik (they charge cars 90 norwegian krone about 9gbp/usd/eur), since I crossed it twice I saved 180 kroners! Motorcycles doesn't pay tolls in Norway, back when they had manual toll boots they implemented it. So every single biker mobilized to ride to work in rush hours, and when it came to pay they had to take off their helmet, gloves, and then count up the money. It made huge lines and pretty soon they were exempt again. SInce that they haven't tried reimplementing it.

Edit:
                            Bike ran great, didn't smell too oily either and the secondary drive seems to not drip. Seems less moody when first starting up, but rpm still bounced wildly at like 6500 to 8000. Was annoyed at the rear brake for not allowing me to lock the wheel, so I slammed it and fishtailed. Apparently the feel of steel braided lines are completely different than that off a good vintage week 18 1980 rubber line, I thought I bottomed it out, but its just stiffer now. I also managed to bleed them without spilling or making a mess and quite quickly. Only took me a moment too.

Edit2: Apparently this part of sweden is now yellow, so I am in fact allowed to go there without quarantining.
                            Last edited by Noreg; 08-23-2020, 06:50 PM.
                            GS1000G 1981

Comment

I did a short 30 miler out to a tavern I've been meaning to try. I was the only patron sitting outside. Fortunately, the food was excellent and they had 4 Sons Sour Blonde.
                              "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
                              ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                              1982 CB900f

Comment

Dern fans blowing my toupee off around here too. I just had to go get milk for Mrs. 69 and her white russians, I mean breakfast cereal. But I couldn't help it and went down some really bumpy dirt roads and some of the milk spilled inside my luggage. Really shook up the six pack I bought too but at least didn't spill that.

2002 bmw r1150gs 1978 gs1000E skunk les pew 1979 gs1000L dragbike
                                82 gs1100L probably the next project
                                1980 gs1000G the ugly 1978 gs750E need any parts?
                                https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m_m2oYJkx1A
                                1978 gs1000E skunk #2 RLAP

Comment

Working...
                                X