No announcement yet.

anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

20220530_125613.jpg I finally got my Yamaha back from the shop. It was there for two months to have the transmission recall done. Everything seems to be okay, I put 800 miles on it this past holiday weekend.

Today I took a ride to northwest Pennsylvania to the Kinsua Dan. A pretty spectacular water shower.

Next I rode the legendary "666". There were signs saying Fresh Chip and Seal, I thought oh no. Thankfully they hadn't started the project yet and the road was passable.

There were a lot of campers and trucks loaded with ATV's all heading home. Some would let you by, others I'd have to force the issue. Usually one click down and a twist of the throttle is all it would take.

I had a fantastic weekend. I'll be happy to go back to work tomorrow to relax!
    My Motorcycles:
    22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
    22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
    82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
    81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
    79 1000e (all original)
    82 850g (all original)
    80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Originally posted by storm 64 View Post
      There were signs saying Fresh Chip and Seal,
      My first thought was wondering if that was a local delicacy.
      ---- Dave
      79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
      80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
      79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
      92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

Originally posted by Grimly View Post

My first thought was wondering if that was a local delicacy.
        Haha, no local delicacy.
        Maybe I should have said Tar and Chip. They put a layer of liquid Tar on the road, then cover it with a layer of small stones or gravel. It gets messy especially on a hot day! Plus it is very abrasive on the tires.

Chip-n-seal does sound delicious though! Haha
        Last edited by storm 64; 05-31-2022, 07:23 AM.
        My Motorcycles:
        22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
        22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
        82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
        81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
        79 1000e (all original)
        82 850g (all original)
        80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Originally posted by Rich82GS750TZ View Post
          cowboyup3371 blew into town for a short visit. We went for a nice 120 mile ride on some great twisty mountain roads, dodged may Mennonite horse-drawn buggies and much roadkill, ate some good BBQ at a small roadside joint in Lock Haven, then back home. And that quick he was gone again. Till next time Scott. It was nice to finally meet in person. Have a safe ride home.
          Thank you for showing me around and letting me visit for even a little bit. I made it home last night with about 1,450 miles under my belt, some great memories, and even a painful experience yesterday. It was great to see my eldest brother (been 6 years since i last saw him) and his wife plus my niece and her family (been 25 years since I saw them but never met her husband until last week). Although the rain dumped on us Friday morning spoiling that day's tour of the battlefield and threatened to spoil my nephew-in-law's promotion ceremony, it held off until later that evening providing for a fantastic evening. We re-did the tour on Saturday and his knowledge of the battle is pretty spot on (His masters is in Civil War history). As my eldest brother said, I'm sure he'll put on his Brigadier General's star when he is first able in 8 years.

I mentioned a painful experience yesterday and though it's the first time a bug hit turned into this, it's one I hope to not have again. I was on one of the most beautiful roads in eastern Ohio - OH 147 loving the fact they just re-paved and striped it in the last few weeks. The bike was flowing great around the curves and I was in that groove we all know and love when I got hit in the chest about at the top of the jacket's zipper. I didn't think much of it at first until about a mile down the road when I started feeling a jabbing pain. I first tried to pull my jacket away thinking it was just a bug that would fall out but no . Mind you, there's no shoulder at all on this road so I did everything I could to hit the 4-way flashers, stop the bike and set the side stand before jumping off and trying to get it out. Of course, my gloved hands couldn't get the dang zipper down at all so i resorted to pulling the jacket and my shirt away from my body. Thankfully the stupid bee fell to the ground and received the full fury of my foot in a hurry. A driver stopped and gave a quick look see to ensure nothing else was on me then I hopped back on the bike and made my way to Charmayne's house for lunch where we confirmed i have about four or five slightly swollen and red patches on my stomach.

Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
          1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
          2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
          Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
          and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Not today, but I got a nice ride. I went to Andenes to look for whales. It is about 225 kilometers away, but I did some detours. There is a bunch of desserted narrow roads around there (sadly a lot is closed off because of military installations).

I could not see any whales from the road, it was a bit windy to spot them and the roads where too far away. I did see the space centre (I believe Norways only, didn't take a picture, its quite unremarkable).

It was a really nice trip, and my bike was acting nice. I think the oil is leaving through the clutch lever seal.

I didn't get to ride on proper gravel because the front tyre was worn down to the legal limit, so I was worried about riding on gravel. I have now ordered a new one, but the tyre store is being slow for once (tyre changing season is not quite over).

Bonus picture from an earlier trip to Sweden. It was cold on the mountain but luckily no wind.
            GS1000G 1981

Comment

Took the 1100E out today for a quick morning shakedown/check out before Brown County next week.

Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
              '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Gorgeous photos Bob !!!
                82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

Wow Bob. Those pictures should be blown up, printed, framed, and prominently displayed. They are indeed gorgeous.
                  Current: 2014 BMW R1200GS, 2009 Triumph Tiger 1050, 1996 DR350SE
                  Previous: 2022 GSX-S1000GT+, 2007 GSF1250SA Bandit, 2008 DL1000 V-Strom, 1977 GS750B

Comment

#11601, Wow the bike looks ready for business & the road + clouds look awesome.
                    GS\'s since 1982: 55OMZ, 550ES, 750ET, (2) 1100ET\'s, 1100S, 1150ES. Current ride is an 83 Katana. Wifes bike is an 84 GS 1150ES

Comment

Got out yesterday and today for a little ride on the new ride....loving it so far but have only managed to put 330kms on it....thinking about taking tomorrow off and head out for a good ride. Gotta get 1000kms on it so I can have it broke in for the first service.
                      Still waiting for the hard saddle bags and touring screen from Suzuki...
                      The quick shifter is amazinf...smooth up and down....throttle is smoother than my F...bike is a joy to ride around town...so nimble and agile. Great riding position too.
                      No signature

Comment

This is great to hear Trev! Keep racking the miles, it sure seems like the right bike to do it on!
                        Jedz Moto
                        1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                        1988 Honda GL1500-6
                        2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
                        2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                        2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
                        Originally posted by Hayabuser
                        Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Went out for a spin on the ole 78 550E. The side badges are finally coming in!!! Still on the prowl for stock pipes but the Kerker sounds well enough and look good.

Bike is running great, my buddy on his Roadstar, he was impressed with how well the GS does in the turns and said the sound of the pipe is excellent. I think he was shocked when the little old bike was able to keep up with him in a flat sprint.

Coming up to 2000 miles on this old bike this year, Noticed the front fork seal is now starting to weep, just in time as it just past the VT safety inspection with flying colors. It's a GS, always needing to some TLC to stay up to snuff but it's a conversation starter and one of my favorites to ride. Crazy to hear about how many folks had one as their "first big bike". It's a gem to ride and is my go to if I'm not taking the Yamaha to and from work.

Cheers
                          Jedz Moto
                          1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                          1988 Honda GL1500-6
                          2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                          Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Couldn't touch the weather today in Vermont.

Jedz Moto
                            1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                            1988 Honda GL1500-6
                            2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

Got out to a buddy's classic meet yesterday

No signature

Comment

Yesterday, had another fun cool temp (below 60 degrees) outing @ Ridge Motorsports Park. 7-20 minute sessions.

3rd one in the bag this season. Last one before this, not many folks showed up & managed almost 200 minutes on track. It was super fulfilling, to rail around by your lonesome. I learned some new things that day especially the idea of rhythm & being more calm & less frantic.

Messy picture composition w/fresh unused rubber, camping the night before.

GS\'s since 1982: 55OMZ, 550ES, 750ET, (2) 1100ET\'s, 1100S, 1150ES. Current ride is an 83 Katana. Wifes bike is an 84 GS 1150ES

Comment

Working...
                                X