anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bccap View Post
    I see you're drinking the Budweiser of Mexico...that's ok, I buy whatever is on sale , and sometimes it's Corona.
    Last edited by Guest; 10-07-2012, 09:10 AM.

Comment

Actually this was last night in the cold and wet....lots of wet leaves and pine needles to navigate on the back road curves.
      Last edited by Guest; 10-07-2012, 09:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
        Nice story, nice photos.
        I would think this could deserve its own thread "Trevor meets BCCAP".

THat first ferry must have been a long trip, if they serve breakfast, on real tableware, no less. Certainly not the type of ferry where you pull yourself across, eh.

Yeah like Garth says, it's only an hour and a half. But they are quite nice ferrys. They have a caffateria style breakfast that you line up for OR you can go to the buffet lounge on the upper deck that serves pretty good food expensive though but I like to think it is a much more "Civilized" way to travel. By the way in Whistler I think the temp was around 23c (close to 80). No rain here in over two months..just "sunshine and lollypops"!!
        No signature

Comment

Temps in the 40's felt cold today, but in a few months will sound balmy for a ride up in NH...riding with my wife around Alton Bay today on the 1000G.

Last edited by Guest; 10-11-2012, 04:19 PM.

Comment

Took Kanatuna for quick blast before parking for maintenance / issues / winter. (& need to find some original heavy bar ends, as the vibration tickles too much!)

Last edited by Guest; 10-14-2012, 12:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ptexotik View Post
              Took Kanatuna for quick blast .
              Tell us about the numbers on front fender.
              Tell us about the rear wheel.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
              GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Tell us about the numbers on front fender.
                Tell us about the rear wheel.

original license plate from original asian market (it's on both sides)
                rear wheel is old school Chicane. Still have the original, and a bud was selling this way back when. Just looked cool and all I notice is that it goes round & round.
                Last edited by Guest; 10-14-2012, 02:52 PM.

Comment

Went for a little run to get some Stabil Marine into my system!

We haven't hit our peak foliage here yet, it's been fairly warm.

This shot is a mile or so from my home.

Comment

original license plate from original asian market (it's on both sides)
                    rear wheel is old school Chicane. Still have the original, and a bud was selling this way back when. Just looked cool and all I notice is that it goes round & round.
                    you got bike from original asian market, or the fender, or the plates?

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Had been raining and windy all morning and early afternoon. Looked like was clearing about mid afternoon. I looked at weather radar and looked like clouds/rain was passing by and clear behind it.

Was fairly clear by 4 pm, and still near 60 degrees F.

Okay, go.

Relative to "Fall Color", this is about typical of what I was finding.
                      But did find a couple scenes.
                      (see "Fall Color" thread http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...9&postcount=22 )

Am not out in middle of cow pasture.
                      THis is inches from edge of pavement. Overlooking Grand River valley. Between Spring Lake and Grand Rapids.

Was wondering if the cows were thinking that they could run thru the electric fence if they wanted to. Maybe they were wondering if I was going to feed them.

Or maybe one was saying, hey that is an older bike, dont see many of those. And other cow saying, well, at least its not one of the noisy ones that go by here.

Notice how bright and sunny it is.

well then about 15 minutes later:

Then I get out from under those treees and get a better view of sky.
                      Oh, Man.
                      Dark clouds, low to ground, moving fast, some of them seem to be rolling, and can see the rain falling out in places, and lightning in places, and really windy.

And about 2 minutes later it is sprinkling and then in 5 seconds I am in real heavy rain.
                      And is windy, rain getting blown into between the fairing and me. Was wet before I even concidered getting on the rain gear.
                      One gust of wind blew me sideways (I dont mean the wind caused me to vere, I mean I got blown sideways).
                      Raining so hard that visibility is a problem, and wind causing a problem too.

So went from enjoyable ride, and in a couple minutes turned into a life threatining ordeal.
                      Got home in about 15 minutes.
                      Got a boot full.

Any ride is a good ride if doesnt involve police or ambulances and if get bike and self home without any damage. So, yeah, was a good ride. Just some parts better than others.

Last edited by Redman; 10-15-2012, 02:31 AM.

Comment

you got bike from original asian market, or the fender, or the plates?
                        complete bike was imported (it's 1100cc / not the 1000cc that was available here in '82)

Comment

complete bike was imported (it's 1100cc / not the 1000cc that was available here in '82)
                          Ah.
                          So quite a rarity.

Comment

Ah.
                            So quite a rarity.

'different' may be more fitting, there were plenty made ... just not for sale here.

Comment

I went out for a ride today, and wouldn't you believe it, it started to rain.
                              So, I stay off the wet roads and found this quiet little park to wait it out.

In the span of about 15 minutes, I spotted several eagles, and got a glimpse of the formerly extinct Ivory billed woodpecker.

So peaceful and tranquil, old Florida with the spanish moss. Right after I took this picture I went down the road and saw this accident where the car pulled out in front of a big SUV and was T-boned. I travel that road alot, no traffic, but there it was. I cut my ride short and just went home.
                              sigpic
                              Steve
                              "The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Comment

There's another BOM photo !!
                                Originally posted by sedelen View Post
                                82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

Working...
                                X