No announcement yet.

anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trying to extend the riding season as much as possible, earlier in the week I picked up this thin Carhart balaclava. Fits snug under my helmet and does a great job of keeping the chill off my neck. With long johns under my kevlar jeans, some heavy wool socks under my riding boots, a turtleneck underarmour shirt and a sweatshirt under my heavy leather motorcycle jacket, snowmobile gauntlet type gloves, I was pretty cozy on a 2 hour ride through back roads and fire roads. 38 degrees when I got home after dark.
    Rich
    1982 GS 750TZ
    2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
    Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Riding like a snowmobiler is the secret to a long season Rich!
      Jedz Moto
      1980 Suzuki GS1000G
      1988 Honda GL1500-6
      2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
      2020 Honda Monkey Z125
      2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
      Originally posted by Hayabuser
      Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

My only snowmobiling experience was back in the 90s, wife and I rented sleds in way northern NH (weekend getaway, lived in Boston at the time). I’ll share the whole story over beers sometime. It’s a story we can laugh about.......now.

But I used to ride my Honda 200X three-wheeler all winter long, also hunted and skied a lot when I was a teen. Ice racing on frozen ponds with my buddies on their quads was the best.
        Last edited by Rich82GS750TZ; 11-30-2020, 01:45 AM.
        Rich
        1982 GS 750TZ
        2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
        Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post
          still sounds like a successful outing Glen! Pics?
          Successful indeed. No great pics, but for GS content, here's my cycle next to the Mustang.
          http://Untitled by Glen Brenner, on Flickr

My dad was a pretty avid smowmobiler. He and two friends typically took 3-4 long weekends in NY state per winter to ride. They stayed in a tiny town called Speculator.
          As a high schooler many years ago, I got the special honor of skipping school to go with him a few times.
          Last edited by dorkburger; 11-30-2020, 01:06 AM.
          sigpic
          When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
          -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
          -Rusty old scooter.
          Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
          https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
          https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Who's the little guy standing on the Mustang's hood?
            Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
            '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

When did we last hear from Noreg?
              "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
              ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
              1982 CB900f

Comment

Originally posted by GS1150Pilot View Post
                When did we last hear from Noreg?
                My last post was 2020-03-11. I posted a picture of my fatbike (bicycle).

As you might imagine the weather in northern Norway isn't conductive of riding a motorcycle, we have some snow and ice. I could probably ride around if I had something that wasn't a classic (they salt the roads with insane amounts).

In addition I have been working like a lunatic lately, so my motorcycle project is not progressing. I broke some studs of the rim of the rear wheel trying to get it back to the original bolts (I guess I now know why the PO chose to use studs and acorn nuts instead of bolts). My friend has offered to weld it, so I need to get to that. The bike is also standing in my grandparents garage and I am terrified about visiting them when there is corona in the city.

I have been trying to keep up with the forum, but a lot of things is happening. And I am trying to get a masters degree (vocational pedagogy) so there is exams and stuff. And I recently moved (more parking for bikes and cars and more space in general).

Its a warm winter though, so I feel I probably could ride a few days a week if I had a Grom or something with studs. My fatbike has magical tyres that works amazingly on ice.

We also have this period now where the sun disappears where people just become sedentary. Like now its dark until like 9-10 and gets dark again around 16-17. Its draining.

But I am doing well and I have a mountain of parts to mount. I am hoping it will calm down before christmas.
                GS1000G 1981

Comment

Glad to hear from you again, Noreg.

I ride a fat bike too. Here in Arizona it allows me to go literally anywhere, from hardpack trails to deep sand washes, and up in the mountains in the northern part of the state, snow rides are a snap.

Just wanted to make sure you were okay.
                  ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                  1982 CB900f

Comment

Just curious but Aren't these fatbikes kind of hard to pedal? i see the odd one around here but the inertia of those monster tires looks like a huge effort compared to a road-bike...It looks like it'd be the same trying to peddle a motorcycle.

Comment

Wow. I'm pretty jealous. My new speedo cable showed up from Motion Pro (Thanks Kelly) and, justifiably so, I had to try it out!

One lap around the block (40 MPH) just to prove that all the new parts meshed together. Sadly, no pics
                      Paul

sigpic

Originally posted by Grimly
                      Watery bints handing out swords is no basis for any system of government.

Comment

Originally posted by Gorminrider View Post
                        Just curious but Aren't these fatbikes kind of hard to pedal? i see the odd one around here but the inertia of those monster tires looks like a huge effort compared to a road-bike...It looks like it'd be the same trying to peddle a motorcycle.
                        No. Tires are lighter than they used to be, and the traction and suspension of fat tires makes them a dream to ride. I even have a second set of wheels set up with street tires for road rides.
                        ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                        1982 CB900f

Comment

Glad to hear from you again, Noreg.

I ride a fat bike too. Here in Arizona it allows me to go literally anywhere, from hardpack trails to deep sand washes, and up in the mountains in the northern part of the state, snow rides are a snap.

Just wanted to make sure you were okay.
                          I figured as much.

I hope I get time to really ride the bike now soon.

Originally posted by Gorminrider View Post
                          My fatbike is one heavy bike. But then again I am on the heavier side, so I could probably diet away an entire bike if I decided too. The 4.2" winter tyres isn't as fat as the summer 4.8", but I dont know if there is a big weight difference. But they aren't bikes to go fast.

I sort of want one of the AWD cristini fatbikes. But they are sort of pricey, and then I might rather want a winter motorcycle.
                          GS1000G 1981

Comment

Mine weighs 31 pounds, which-while nothing along the lines of the weight of a carbon hardtail, really isn't bad-and that's with 4.8s on 95 mm rims.
                            ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                            1982 CB900f

Comment

On a heavier-but lighter-note, I just picked up the Harley after new tires and a new performance clutch were installed. I cherish this beast. The 1200 kit utterly transforms it, and I loved it before.

2119570E-D096-448F-821C-AB26E89D8424.jpg
                              Last edited by GS1150Pilot; 12-01-2020, 09:11 PM.
                              ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                              1982 CB900f

Comment

On a heavier-but lighter-note, I just picked up the Harley after new tires and a new performance clutch were installed. I cherish this beast. The 1200 kit utterly transforms it, and I loved it before.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]62053[/ATTACH]
                                Running well now? So glad to see it back in the wild!
                                Jedz Moto
                                1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                                1988 Honda GL1500-6
                                2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
                                2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                                2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
                                Originally posted by Hayabuser
                                Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Working...
                                X