No announcement yet.

anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glen, you should try to come to the Brown County GSR rally sometime. That place oozes motorcycle camaraderie! 👍
    My Motorcycles:
    22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
    22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
    82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
    81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
    79 1000e (all original)
    82 850g (all original)
    80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Hell yeah, NJ isn't that far away from Indiana. If Roger and his family could make it from Abq, then Freehold NJ would be a piece of cake.
      Larry

'79 GS 1000E
      '93 Honda ST 1100 SOLD-- now residing in Arizona.
      '18 Triumph Tiger 800 (gone too soon)
      '19 Triumph Tiger 800 Christmas 2018 to me from me.
      '01 BMW R1100RL project purchased from a friend.

Comment

I would love to meet Glen in person.
        Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
        '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Originally posted by storm 64 View Post
          Glen, you should try to come to the Brown County GSR rally sometime. That place oozes motorcycle camaraderie! ��
          Originally posted by alke46 View Post
          Hell yeah, NJ isn't that far away from Indiana. If Roger and his family could make it from Abq, then Freehold NJ would be a piece of cake.
          Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
          I would love to meet Glen in person.
          What they said
          Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
          1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
          2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
          Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
          and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

I got a ride in today. No pics but I decided to ride down to Topeka, Ks. for lunch. Just trying to get the last few hundred miles out of my rear tire before the Ozarks rally. Anyway, I logged in 360 miles of boring cruiser type roadway.

It's getting within about 250 miles of 9,000 which means it is going to fall short by 1k of the OEM tires.

By the time I got home it was 94° with high humidity -- just getting ready for the warmth of the Ozarks
            Larry

'79 GS 1000E
            '93 Honda ST 1100 SOLD-- now residing in Arizona.
            '18 Triumph Tiger 800 (gone too soon)
            '19 Triumph Tiger 800 Christmas 2018 to me from me.
            '01 BMW R1100RL project purchased from a friend.

Comment

Originally posted by storm 64 View Post
              Glen, you should try to come to the Brown County GSR rally sometime. That place oozes motorcycle camaraderie! 
              Yes, Glen, you should.
              Camaraderie ..... AND the social awkwardness you mentioned.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
              GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Had an appointment up in Muskegon, so rode up there, and afterwards went over to the LST393.
                And this time I got there, and it was open, and I payed to go in.

Landing Ship - Tank.

Was used in Italy Invasion (1943 that my uncle was in) (uncle that I and my grandson are named after), many of the island invasions, and Normandy D-Day.

Was about 1200 of these built in a 2 -3 year period.
                I found a lot of interesting things about thier design and operation, that I could yack and yammer about.
                Only two exist yet.
                THis one had been converted to hauling cargo for years. THey have been able to convert back some of the original equipment.

Big open deck inside for the tanks, but then to get anywhere else was a lot of steep steps or rung ladders. Like this one down to the engine room.

Can haull 28 big tanks in the main deck (level of the ramp) and other equipment like jeeps and trucks and small artillery on the upper deck (and lower down with an elevator). And has berthing for the ships crew (Navy), and for the crew that goes with the tanks/equipment (Army typically).

ANd with more climbing can get to the officer deck, the wheel house and out onto the open deck

more pics here
                . . . .

>>later edit, try this

Last edited by Redman; 08-28-2021, 11:06 PM.

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

I have a very tentative plan for Glen and I to come to this rally. A few things have to happen. Glen and I both agreed that the distance is not something we want to do on our GSes. It’s a 10 hour drive for me, and Glen is a few hours east of me. We talked about Glen riding his bike to my place, and loading mine and his on a trailer. Our Subaru has a towing capacity of 1500 lbs. I could probably push that a little. Our bikes combined probably weigh 1000 lbs.+.

hurdles:
                  I don’t own a trailer yet, so need to find one that’s very light, and that can fit 2 bikes. Have to buy the trailer. I also will want the trailer to haul kayaks on a rack when not hauling bikes, also use as a utility trailer for various things when it’s not hauling fun stuff. This may be an impossible dream, I haven’t done any serious shopping for such a trailer.

Glen and I both work, so vacation days have to be scheduled. Not so bad for me. Not sure about his job, I know there’s a certain level of on-call at times.

My wife has to agree to let me use “her” car for a long weekend. She wouldn’t be stranded. My mom lives with us, and has a car she rarely uses. My car is a manual and wife won’t learn to drive it.

Id really like to come to the rally too. Time to start shopping for a trailer.
                  Last edited by Rich82GS750TZ; 08-28-2021, 11:41 AM.
                  Rich
                  1982 GS 750TZ
                  2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
                  Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Or just bring the wife and mom. One of the nicest things I love about BC is the family atmosphere as we have had kids and wives there quite often.
                    Last edited by cowboyup3371; 08-28-2021, 10:10 AM.
                    Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                    1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                    2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                    Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                    and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Originally posted by Rich82GS750TZ View Post
                      I have a very tentative plan for Glen and I to come to this rally. A few things have to happen. .....
                      Do it ! !
                      Would be good to meet both of you.

Comment

B.C. used to be a beautiful place to go for a ride alright. However the last 15 years or so has brought about changes in how forest fires are fought and it has resulted in huge forest fires and smoke covering a lot of the province. I can''t count the number of times this year I would have liked to go for a ride and didn't because I didn't want to chew on the heavy smoke, Meanwhile these little *@%^$*@%^$*@%^$*@%^$pot airplanes are dunking 5 litres of waterr on 70,000 hectare fires. Anyway, I'm going to take the 750 out today after I pull the bodywork off the 1150 in preparation for the colour change back to stock.
                        Attached Files
                        1986 1150EF
                        2008 GS1250SEA

Comment

Runnin' the Yamaha

Jedz Moto
                          1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                          1988 Honda GL1500-6
                          2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
                          2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                          2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
                          Originally posted by Hayabuser
                          Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Block View Post
                            B.C. used to be a beautiful place to go for a ride alright. However the last 15 years or so has brought about changes in how forest fires are fought and it has resulted in huge forest fires and smoke covering a lot of the province. I can''t count the number of times this year I would have liked to go for a ride and didn't because I didn't want to chew on the heavy smoke, Meanwhile these little *@%^$*@%^$*@%^$*@%^$pot airplanes are dunking 5 litres of waterr on 70,000 hectare fires. Anyway, I'm going to take the 750 out today after I pull the bodywork off the 1150 in preparation for the colour change back to stock.
                            I've done around 10,000kms riding through BC this summer. I stayed mostly south and east...yes, I rode through some smoke...but to say "BC used to be a beautiful place to go for a ride" is false statement in my opinion.
                            No signature

Comment

Originally posted by Rich82GS750TZ View Post
                              I have a very tentative plan for Glen and I to come to this rally. A few things have to happen. Glen and I both agreed that the distance is not something we want to do on our GSes. It’s a 10 hour drive for me, and Glen is a few hours east of me. We talked about Glen riding his bike to my place, and loading mine and his on a trailer. Our Subaru has a towing capacity of 1500 lbs. I could probably push that a little. Our bikes combined probably weigh 1000 lbs.+.

Our Honda Pilot is already set up for towing. We may be able to take it depending on when the rally is. If it’s while our son is at college, it shouldn’t be a problem. I’d have to do something about a trailer though. After our initial conversation, I briefly looked into renting one. Vacation time isn’t an issue and on call can be worked around, plus I’m only on call every couple of months or so. I’m hopeful.

hurdles:
                              I don’t own a trailer yet, so need to find one that’s very light, and that can fit 2 bikes. Have to buy the trailer. I also will want the trailer to haul kayaks on a rack when not hauling bikes, also use as a utility trailer for various things when it’s not hauling fun stuff. This may be an impossible dream, I haven’t done any serious shopping for such a trailer.

Glen and I both work, so vacation days have to be scheduled. Not so bad for me. Not sure about his job, I know there’s a certain level of on-call at times.

My wife has to agree to let me use “her” car for a long weekend. She wouldn’t be stranded. My mom lives with us, and has a car she rarely uses. My car is a manual and wife won’t learn to drive it.

Id really like to come to the rally too. Time to start shopping for a trailer.
                              Our Honda Pilot is already set up for towing. We may be able to take it depending on when the rally is. If it’s while our son is at college, it shouldn’t be a problem. I’d have to do something about a trailer though. After our initial conversation, I briefly looked into renting one. Vacation time isn’t an issue and on call can be worked around, plus I’m only on call every couple of months or so. I’m hopeful.
                              sigpic
                              When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                              -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                              -Rusty old scooter.
                              Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                              https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                              https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
                                I've done around 10,000kms riding through BC this summer. I stayed mostly south and east...yes, I rode through some smoke...but to say "BC used to be a beautiful place to go for a ride" is false statement in my opinion.
                                Glad you had some great trips this summer. There's lots more to BC than the Okanogan, beside too many tourists there anyways.
                                '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

Working...
                                X