No announcement yet.

anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@jedz..of course that excellent dog has to be in the sidecar ! At least for a photo if not for holding for it down.

Comment

Kind of a shakedown run on the 1150 today. It ran great but it was a slow corner day being new tires and 5c.
      Attached Files
      1986 1150EF
      2008 GS1250SEA

Comment

Originally posted by Big Block View Post
        Kind of a shakedown run on the 1150 today. It ran great but it was a slow corner day being new tires and 5c.
        Nice bike and nice scene.
        Good that shakedown cruise was good.

I am not understanding "5c".

>> oh, temperature, 5 degrees, 5 degC.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
        GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Beautiful day to ride so I took the GS out. Earlier I was going to ride it to Cars & Coffee but had issues with getting it started. After sitting a couple of weeks while I was out of town the bowl was dry, and cranking it wouldn't trigger the vacuum and fill it. One problem is that the prime on my OEM replacement petcock isn't working, and I don't have time to investigate. Took tank off and found a split in the vacuum line which was the other issue, so I re-routed it, and as a quick workaround to the prime issue I put a T fitting on the vacuum line and plugged it, and temporarily I can use a Mityvac hand pump to get things going now. It's a hack but it works, will fix properly later.

Stopped at Trabuco canyon general store and got a lot of interest in the bike. It sure is fun to ride but I have to keep it sane, the power is just so crazy.

Tom

'82 GS1100E Mr. Turbo
          '79 GS100E
          Other non Suzuki bikes

Comment

Went for celebration ride (reference: MSU 37 UofM 33).

Rode around for about an hour.
            52degF, heavy overcast.
            Stopped a couple times when found some fall color.

Last edited by Redman; 10-30-2021, 09:44 PM.

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Hey Trevor, Hey Trevor, I got a story for you.

About four years ago and again a couple years ago, on BMWST forum, I started a thread for posting pic of any ride. THinking it would be like this thread here that you started and is so popular. On both occassion it never took off, got maybe one other post other than mine.
              I really pondered why it didnt take off there when is so popular and active and interesting here.

Well, about three weeks ago, I tried it again, but this time I named the thread "Anybody go for a ride today? Got any pictures?". Yep, I blatantly copied your title.

ANd, so far, it has been fairly active.

Last edited by Redman; 10-30-2021, 07:07 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the big photo Redman. Yes 5c is 5 degrees celsius, around 42 fahrenheit.
                1986 1150EF
                2008 GS1250SEA

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
                  Hey Trevor, Hey Trevor, I got a story for you.

About four years ago and again a couple years ago, on BMWST forum, I started a thread for posting pic of any ride. THinking it would be like this thread here that you started and is so popular. On both occassion it never took off, got maybe one other post other than mine.
                  I really pondered why it didnt take off there when is so popular and active and interesting here.

Well, about three weeks ago, I tried it again, but this time I named the thread "Anybody go for a ride today? Got any pictures?". Yep, I blatantly copied your title.

ANd, so far, it has been fairly active.

https://www.bmwsporttouring.com/topi...-got-pictures/
                  Lol...that's awesome Dave! I'll have to join that forum....cheers
                  No signature

Comment

I got 95 miles on the Suzuki yesterday and then another 75 this morning just to test cooler weather tolerance and then this afternoon I took the Triumph out for 95 miles.

Never had to leave the state but still rode through Nashville, Memphis, Louisville and South Bend.
                    Larry

'79 GS 1000E
                    '93 Honda ST 1100 SOLD-- now residing in Arizona.
                    '18 Triumph Tiger 800 (gone too soon)
                    '19 Triumph Tiger 800 Christmas 2018 to me from me.
                    '01 BMW R1100RL project purchased from a friend.

Comment

Took the DR up to Ladysmith today 220kms round trip. Bike now has 330kms on it now...lol Got new Pro Taper bars, Acerbis Lever guards, and Apollo heated grips. I didn't get home until 6:30....it was a beautiful day but cold ride home.

My buddy that owns the dealership is a Suzuki nut too! I found out today that he actually raced at the Isle Of Mann TT in 2000.

While they were doing the install they gave me a 1050 to ride...that was cool. So happy I decided to buy my DR and the GT I ordered from them....getting a loaner bike is huge for me!
                      No signature

Comment

The sun finally revealed itself today. Don't blink or you'll miss is. For a few brief moments this evening, it was downright spectacular.

Rich
                        1982 GS 750TZ
                        2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
                        Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Great pic, Rich.
                          2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Thanks, it made the afternoon’s chilly, sometime wet ride worth it. This was 1/2 mile from my house on my way home.
                            Rich
                            1982 GS 750TZ
                            2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
                            Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Went out on the DR...did a 215km ride...lots of forest service roads...bike has 535kms on it now...getting broke in
                              First time off pavement since my accident...felt great!
                              I'm getting surgery on my finger tomorrow so I'll be off the bike for a couple of weeks anyway...

It was chilly

No signature

Comment

Drool.....
                                2002 bmw r1150gs 1978 gs1000E skunk les pew 1979 gs1000L dragbike
                                82 gs1100L probably the next project
                                1980 gs1000G the ugly 1978 gs750E need any parts?
                                https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m_m2oYJkx1A
                                1978 gs1000E skunk #2 RLAP

Comment

Working...
                                X