No announcement yet.

anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

100K miles is something special and it really takes the right bike to make it work, When I rolled the T120 over 100K miles last year it was a nice feeling in that I knew I found a bike I could basically ride all the time and not get sick of it. Congrats and welcome to the 6 figure mile club Scott!

Love the bike Trev! I know your in break in so not chasing it but I wonder how you'd compare it to your old GSX-S1000F?

Best,
    Jedz Moto
    1980 Suzuki GS1000G
    1988 Honda GL1500-6
    2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
    2020 Honda Monkey Z125
    2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
    Originally posted by Hayabuser
    Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Originally posted by cowboyup3371 View Post
      ......Bandit with over 100000 miles[/url] by .....
      Congrats.

And sounds like a great route to be on.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
      GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Tuesday morning, 55degF, Rode to Muskegon , visit brother in hospital.
        ANd then down by beach there.
        Saw this new artwork in traffic circle near the beach.

THen went downtown, saw street vendor hot dog wagon, bye the courthouse.
        Yum, chilie dog with onion and cheese for $3 each

THen rode thru the country side, just decide at each intersction which way to go, but generally keep going mostly east and some south. Saw lots of peach orchards and apple orchards. Didnt stop for pics.
        Till got to just outside Grand Rapids, then puched up destinaation on GPS.
        Picked up a lacross stick for grandson. THe stick for defenceman is 70" long. Strapped that across back seat, should have got pic of that, it stuck out 3 foot on each side (or so it seemed). . Seemed secured quite stable, but was concerend about the webbing in the head in the wind on the 40 mile ride home, so dropped it off at daughters house that was somewhat nearby.
        Low 70s for ride home.

HAve had a couple other rides, just errands around town, or out for coffee.
        Did have some other free time, but was in garage working on GK clutch.
        Last edited by Redman; 05-26-2022, 11:05 PM.

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
          Quick ride on the new bike...
          The only Triton Blue in North America!

Ew... New Bike. Tell us more.

>>Later Note
          Will look here for the "more"
          This general discussion area is to be used as the <b>non-controversial topics</b>. This forum is open to all. Forum rules apply!

Last edited by Redman; 05-26-2022, 10:56 PM.

Comment

100K? Impressive. Ha, ha I thought my Bandit was relatively high miles at 40K, Nice that I have alot more to go. Curious how many miles you get out of a fuel pump? I bought a new one and threw it in the back suitcase just in case along with a few tools, I figure that's one thing that could give up on me at an inopportune time.
            1986 1150EF
            2008 GS1250SEA

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post

Ew... New Bike. Tell us more.
              Lol......https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...7-my-next-bike
              No signature

Comment

Originally posted by Big Block View Post
                100K? Impressive. Ha, ha I thought my Bandit was relatively high miles at 40K, Nice that I have alot more to go. Curious how many miles you get out of a fuel pump? .
                To be honest I don't know since, as far as I know, it's still the original pump in the tank.

Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Yesterday's ride into Gettysburg was just as fun through West Virginia and Maryland although Mountaineer Hwy had a lot of washboarding along the middle of the lane. I think I need to schedule time to run back through that area as soon as possible

Spent some time on National Road both the US40 scenic route AND Maryland's own highway numbering: Got soaked today while touring the battlefield but enjoyed the promotion ceremony. One more day to spend here and then on to see Rich in Mifflinburg then home

Maryland Portion of National Highway by Scott Baker, on Flickr
                  Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                  1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                  2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                  Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                  and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Man Scott, I'm wicked jealous of that ride... I could so use a road trip right about now!
                    Jedz Moto
                    1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                    1988 Honda GL1500-6
                    2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                    Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Got old school and new school out today....made 40 years apart right down to the same month!...they are worlds apart. Love them both.

No signature

Comment

Took the Ugly to work today in rain and heavy fog. Scary in many ways. Thoroughly enjoyable. I wanted to get a picture but I couldn't decide on a safe place to stop. Best to keep moving. Next time.
                        2002 bmw r1150gs 1978 gs1000E skunk les pew 1979 gs1000L dragbike
                        82 gs1100L probably the next project
                        1980 gs1000G the ugly 1978 gs750E need any parts?
                        https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m_m2oYJkx1A
                        1978 gs1000E skunk #2 RLAP

Comment

Worked till 1AM last night playing security and leading my team to control the the "last chance dance" which is the last (school funded) party before commencement, today. Back on campus at 6AM running more food, finally sitting down for some grub myself and a much needed cup of Joe. The Yamaha was so useful in running food, equipment's and random supply in and out of tight spots. College Public Safety didn't mind I was running on sidewalks hoping curves and getting in and out of tight spaces by using sidewalks. I had my Bright yellow Catering jacket on the whole time. On more event then we do it all again for the 2020 class, which is going to be very tough... Just 2 more days than I'm off for 6. Much needed!
                          Midnight:

Just now, waiting to run for the next need.
                          Jedz Moto
                          1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                          1988 Honda GL1500-6
                          2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

cowboyup3371 blew into town for a short visit. We went for a nice 120 mile ride on some great twisty mountain roads, dodged may Mennonite horse-drawn buggies and much roadkill, ate some good BBQ at a small roadside joint in Lock Haven, then back home. And that quick he was gone again. Till next time Scott. It was nice to finally meet in person. Have a safe ride home.

Last edited by Rich82GS750TZ; 05-29-2022, 08:06 PM.
                            Rich
                            1982 GS 750TZ
                            2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
                            Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Originally posted by Rich82GS750TZ View Post
                              cowboyup3371 blew into town for a short visit. We went for a nice 120 mile ride on some great twisty mountain roads, dodged may Mennonite horse-drawn buggies and much roadkill, ate some good BBQ at a small roadside joint in Lack Haven, then back home. And that quick he was gone again. Till next time Scott. It was nice to finally meet in person. Have a safe ride home.

[imhtt.......jpg[/img]
                              Hey, Rich, THat guy looks like the guy that stopped here by my town last year. har har

Hey, Guys, good that you got together for a ride.
                              And you stopped at a waterfall, Scott liked that I suspect.

Last edited by Redman; 05-30-2022, 07:30 PM.

Comment

I fininshed the clutch replacemnt yesterday and went for ride last night.
                                Oh, now have a clutch that have to be carefull how let it out.
                                But
                                Shifting was not smooth, downshift harder and getting into netural almost impossible. ALso noticed that at idle, in gear, hold clutch in, was easy to roll bike forward but hard to roll bike backwards.

GOt up early this morning to go thru the clutch cable adjustment - step by step, line by line - again.
                                THEn I noticed one step said "play in OUTTER cable", huh, what, I dont recall that, huh, I would not call the outter portion a "cable", dont recall noticing that before.
                                Went through the proceedure again, doing that step differently.
                                Oh, yah, now shifting easy.

Ride this morning to Memorial Day parade (some pics in "Random Photos"),
                                and then went for ride afterwards.

Comment

Working...
                                X