anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

80 550 E Ready for a cruise
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Arrowhead, welcome to the forum. That looks like a very well done cafe modded bike, but we’ll have to see better pictures to be sure. Posting pics from your phone works, but one pic per post and quality is terrible. Look at the pic in your post. If you want to post good, and multiple pics in a thread, you need to use a pic hosting website like Imgur or Flickr. See link in my signature.
      Rich
      1982 GS 750TZ
      2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
      Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

GK sitting awaiting parts (stator cover gasket, SH775 wiring harness - already have the sh775).
        Took RT for evening ride

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
        GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Very nice Redman, I've got a Michigan ride planned out for next year. Used to camp up in Ludington with my wife when we first met.

I did an early AM shakedown ride on my '81 1100E to catch the sunrise. It'd been a while since I've done one of these... should have dressed a bit warmer. Bike is running great, turn signals are working. My new Shinko 712 front tire, while it is very well balanced at speed (I just did a static balance) at 30-35mph I get a noticeable up and down shake in the handlebar. I looked down and I can literally see the unevenness of the tire... this is a brand new tire that I bought last year and it sat in the garage for a year... anyone ever see anything like that?
          Previous GS fleet: '78 1000C, '79 750E, '81 650G, '82 1100G, '81 1100E
          Other rides: '77 XS500C, '78 XS1100E, '00 Voyager XII

Comment

Rode some dirt roads with our gsr friend Andy yesterday. His new beemer is a beauty.

This one is just my little campout spot in the woods out back a couple days ago..

2002 bmw r1150gs 1978 gs1000E skunk les pew 1979 gs1000L dragbike
            82 gs1100L probably the next project
            1980 gs1000G the ugly 1978 gs750E need any parts?
            https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m_m2oYJkx1A
            1978 gs1000E skunk #2 RLAP

Comment

Got out yesterday with some buddies to ride up to Port Renfrew for lunch. 966 kms on the bike now and I take it in this week for the first service.
              Also having the panniers fitted, sliders, taller GT touring screen. Suzuki heated grips, Suzuki custom GT seat, and new pilot tires.
              Loving the bike and in two weeks today I leave for Ontario....about 5500kms one way.
              No signature

Comment

If you get a chance while in Ontario mr. Trevor, swing by WNY
                2002 bmw r1150gs 1978 gs1000E skunk les pew 1979 gs1000L dragbike
                82 gs1100L probably the next project
                1980 gs1000G the ugly 1978 gs750E need any parts?
                https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m_m2oYJkx1A
                1978 gs1000E skunk #2 RLAP

Comment

Originally posted by Eli69 View Post
                  If you get a chance while in Ontario mr. Trevor, swing by WNY
                  Visiting you would be fun! But I'm on a schedule....going back for my dad's memorial....headed back at the Windsor/Detroit border
                  No signature

Comment

In less than two weeks I depart on an epic trip with 3 buddies I grew up with in Woodstock Ont.
                    Picking one up in Vancouver, then Revelstoke and Banff. Can't wait!
                    No signature

Comment

Man what an epic looking trip! Second that you aren't staying in Ontario too long, I would love to meet up as well. I have my enhanced ID and can cross into Canada, just haven't yet..
                      Jedz Moto
                      1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                      1988 Honda GL1500-6
                      2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
                      2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                      2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
                      Originally posted by Hayabuser
                      Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Any intel on your route road conditions in BC after the November flooding?

I recall you may have posted a helicopter vid a friend of yours did back then?

I'm sure some (gallon) folks might want to know how much 3.8 liters will run & if you'll be running premium.

Had sushi in Thunder Bay (2010) after seeing a colorful billboard after riding from Bemidji Minnesota, then found a stealth camp spot 2 hours farther east around Lake Superior.

I was on the old Kat, first time ever to Ontario. I was worried about tickets in Canada, so I let this car who driving 15-20 mph (not kph) over the limit get 200 yard gap on me, then accelerate around corners out site of the car. Was fun way to pass the time around that huge lake.
                        GS\'s since 1982: 55OMZ, 550ES, 750ET, (2) 1100ET\'s, 1100S, 1150ES. Current ride is an 83 Katana. Wifes bike is an 84 GS 1150ES

Comment

My friend Ron (1978GS750E) and I were sightseeing in the beautiful state of Kentucky for the last 3 days. Today we were riding our newest bikes but yesterday we did a couple hundred miles on our old 78 and 79 1000s.

This one is in front of one of my favorite stops. The smoking pig tavern in Falmouth KY.

​​​​​​​IMG_20220625_120813815_HDR by Larry Alkire, on Flickr
                          this is his new to him Yamaha Tracer and my 79 1000E

​​​​​​​IMG_20220623_102651432_HDR by Larry Alkire, on Flickr
                          Larry

'79 GS 1000E
                          '93 Honda ST 1100 SOLD-- now residing in Arizona.
                          '18 Triumph Tiger 800 (gone too soon)
                          '19 Triumph Tiger 800 Christmas 2018 to me from me.
                          '01 BMW R1100RL project purchased from a friend.

Comment

Another one from Ky

IMG_20220623_103055486_HDR by Larry Alkire, on Flickr
                            Larry

'79 GS 1000E
                            '93 Honda ST 1100 SOLD-- now residing in Arizona.
                            '18 Triumph Tiger 800 (gone too soon)
                            '19 Triumph Tiger 800 Christmas 2018 to me from me.
                            '01 BMW R1100RL project purchased from a friend.

Comment

Good stuff, Larry...Thank you....
                              Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                              '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
                                Good stuff, Larry...Thank you....
                                We had 3 good days riding in my backyard. Naturally, we found some new roads that are sure to be on the "favorites" list and a couple of "goat trails"! Need to do this more often.
                                Ron
                                When I die, just cremate me and put me in my GS tank. That way I can go through these carbs, one more time!
                                1978 GS750E - November 2017 BOTM
                                1978 GS1000C - May 2021 BOTM
                                1982 GS1100E - April 2024 BOTM
                                1999 Honda GL1500SE

Comment

Working...
                                X