No announcement yet.

anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So last weekend I packed up the Ugly with a six pack and a water bottle and went to a MetalShow up near Niagara Falls. In the background of the picture is the giant, man made reservoir that holds water for the Niagara Power Project. There may have been some illegal swimming. It was a very hot day. Especially after climbing up that hill.

]

"I'm with the band" parking.

2002 bmw r1150gs 1978 gs1000E skunk les pew 1979 gs1000L dragbike
    82 gs1100L probably the next project
    1980 gs1000G the ugly 1978 gs750E need any parts?
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m_m2oYJkx1A
    1978 gs1000E skunk #2 RLAP

Comment

Yesterday we got up and rode the two ATV's in my previous pic around my friend's property and had a blast! Hiked around a bit then headed back for lunch, quesadillas with chicken and green chile.

We headed out around 2pm , but decided to come back up in three weeks. They have plumbing issues and need a few doors worked on. I'm happy to help

39242 by Roger, on Flickr

Heading down the road my wife snapped this pic.

20220704_145408 by Roger, on Flickr

A good view of the area we were in.

20220704_145851 by Roger, on Flickr

Again being chased by rain storms... We took a chance and stopped at the Taos Gorge Bridge over the Rio Grande. Rain never caught us, haha

20220704_152903 by Roger, on Flickr

Instead of heading back the way we came, we went toward Mora. Here is a cannon they make snow with for the Sipapu Ski Resort

20220704_170037 by Roger, on Flickr

Here's part of the 350,000 acre burn scar from the Calf Canyon wildfire.

20220704_173440 by Roger, on Flickr

That's about it for pics. We went through Las Vegas and ate dinner, then shot down I-25 for the last hundred miles or so just in time for fireworks in Santa Fe, Bernalillo and Albuquerque. That was cool!

Sorry for the novel I wrote. At least this chapter has more pics and fewer words, huh?
      Very nice weekend ride. Can't wait to do it again.

Roger

Current rides
      1983 GS 850G
      2003 FJR 1300A
      Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Went out for a 45 minute jaunt last night around 9:30. There are an amazing amount of bugs in this world. Sorry no pics.
        Current Bikes:
        2001 Yamaha FZ1 (bought same one back)

Comment

Originally posted by Burque73 View Post
          Y.
          Good story and pics. Can read the excitement and enjoyment in your impromptu adventure.

No need to apologies for the "details", they all added to the story.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
          GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

A quick one hour trip to the coffee shop turned into a 4hr excursion to nowhere in particular... 67899621109--9EB54E0A-E051-480C-B50D-37DAD7839DBE.jpg
            1979 CBX, AW440 Maico, GS1150EF

Comment

The Foothills! Snow sure looks low for July!

Comment

Great story and pictures Roger; thank you for reminding me what I missed out on back there. I sure wish I had bought my bike a few years sooner.
                Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Had time to take a short ride today and meet up with member Grishagtem (center), and his brother Vanya (left), who treated me to lunch at a great Middle-Easter/Armenian/Russian restaurant called Kavkaz. Good thing they speak fluent Russian. I wouldn’t have known what to order. Still not exactly sure what I ate, but it was delicious. Next time, my treat. I’ll definitely bring my wife here sometime for dinner. A lone Harley rider on his way from Scranton to Upper Minnesota stopped and joined us. We were the only customers. We had a nice short ride after lunch over a twisty mountain road before parting ways. Till next time, gents. Pleasure meeting you both.

Rich
                  1982 GS 750TZ
                  2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
                  Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Wow Rich, you're definitely seem to be enjoying all of the out of town visitors. When will you become one?

1981 GS550T - My First

Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die

Comment

Why bother. I’m happy to have everyone come here. Maybe I should host a rally.

Actually, I would like to do some longer range riding. But I really worry about traveling very far, alone, on a 40 year old bike that I took apart and put back together myself.
                      Last edited by Rich82GS750TZ; 07-09-2022, 03:55 PM.
                      Rich
                      1982 GS 750TZ
                      2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
                      Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Originally posted by Rich82GS750TZ View Post
                        Had time to take a short ride today and meet up with member Grishagtem (center), and his brother Vanya (left), who treated me to lunch at a great Middle-Easter/Armenian/Russian restaurant called Kavkaz. Good thing they speak fluent Russian. I wouldn’t have known what to order. Still not exactly sure what I ate, but it was delicious. Next time, my treat. I’ll definitely bring my wife here sometime for dinner. A lone Harley rider on his way from Scranton to Upper Minnesota stopped and joined us. We were the only customers. We had a nice short ride after lunch over a twisty mountain road before parting ways. Till next time, gents. Pleasure meeting you both.

An XS750, same colour as my old one. Actually, I think wine red was the most common colour they came in.
                        That was my introduction to heavyweight Japanese shafties, about two bikes before my first GS.
                        I had the last model of the the 750, where all the problems had been ironed out, but the reputational damage had been done.
                        ---- Dave
                        79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
                        80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
                        79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
                        92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

Actually, I would like to do some longer range riding. But I really worry about traveling very far, alone, on a 40 year old bike that I took apart and put back together myself.
                          Ahh, yes the potential adventure by failure of an old bike far from home. My stator failure occurred just outside of Washington DC many years ago on our way home. My friend still says what a great day it was.
                          Long before that in 1997, there was the breaking of a valve spring on a then 31 year old car somewhere in Nevada... we got a free tow to Las Vegas and replaced it in a hotel parking lot...
                          Last edited by dorkburger; 07-10-2022, 02:21 AM.
                          sigpic
                          When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                          -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                          -Rusty old scooter.
                          Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                          https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                          https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Had a nice relaxing ride tonight. I was hoping to get a dashing pic of the GS in a cool to be determined spot, but McDonald’s for lunch and a pepperoni and mozzarella Stromboli roll for dinner advised that I go home sooner then later.

Very happy with the non GS pic posted in the random photo thread.
                            sigpic
                            When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                            -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                            -Rusty old scooter.
                            Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                            https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                            https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Rich, I think you're over worrying about traveling on a 40 year old bike.
                              Just a couple of weeks ago I trailered my 43 year old along with my 2019 Triumph (as a backup) to Kentucky and I put over a thousand miles on it and only 200 on the Triumph.
                              The 200 miles on the Triumph was just to keep it from pouting so much.
                              Larry

'79 GS 1000E
                              '93 Honda ST 1100 SOLD-- now residing in Arizona.
                              '18 Triumph Tiger 800 (gone too soon)
                              '19 Triumph Tiger 800 Christmas 2018 to me from me.
                              '01 BMW R1100RL project purchased from a friend.

Comment

Just threw 70 miles on the GS running through some of the back roads between home and Camden OH even stopping off at DQ for a Blizzard and water. It was a pretty nice day until I got back home and stopped for gas - all the pumps were full and this lady in front was just sitting there on the brake staring at cars going through the parking lot. Of course I honked at her to get her to move but she just gets out and starts jawing at me for it saying to get another pump (ALL OF THEM WERE FULL DUMB...). Told her to just shut up, get her crap done, and move on instead of wasting time. Stupid people.

1981 GS550T - My First

Comment

Working...
                                X