No announcement yet.

anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It runs as good as the day I bought it ! C627B17A-A7AD-4BDD-AF55-0C7C13B75CA1.jpg

Comment

It's a beauty, Mark.
      2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Just dipping my toes in.

Comment

Took an evening ride to one of my favorite vistas to get some sunset pics for Pic of the Week Game. Got there early and had the spot to myself, for a little bit. Another guy with a camera, then another with 2 dogs, then another with a camera. We shot the breeze for a bit, then a another truck stopped and out spilled a whole Mennonite family; mom, dad, 4 girls and a boy. Most whipped out smartphones and proceeded to crowd my shot. I’ll never understand the various sects and their stances on technology. Their truck had an airbrushed decorative license plate, you know, the kind you get at a boardwalk shop down the shore. Oh, well, I decided to find it amusing. Sunset wasn’t very spectacular anyway. I’ll post one of the better early shots in the game.

Last edited by Rich82GS750TZ; 08-29-2022, 09:29 PM.
          Rich
          1982 GS 750TZ
          2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
          Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

I got a little ride in today on my new to me, ahem, project bike. Anyway, same place with same jet in the background just this time with the 3rd bike.

IMG_20220827_160851552 by Larry Alkire, on Flickr

IMG_20220827_160912619 by Larry Alkire, on Flickr
            Larry

'79 GS 1000E
            '93 Honda ST 1100 SOLD-- now residing in Arizona.
            '18 Triumph Tiger 800 (gone too soon)
            '19 Triumph Tiger 800 Christmas 2018 to me from me.
            '01 BMW R1100RL project purchased from a friend.

Comment

[QUOTE=alke46;n1702720]I got a little ride in today on my new to me, ahem, project bike. Anyway, same place with same jet in the background just this time with the 3rd bike.

/[QUOTE]

Larry!
              Looks like one of those bikes with cylinders sticking out both sides !

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
              GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

[QUOTE=Redman;n1702852][QUOTE=alke46;n1702720]I got a little ride in today on my new to me, ahem, project bike. Anyway, same place with same jet in the background just this time with the 3rd bike.

/

Larry!
                Looks like one of those bikes with cylinders sticking out both sides !
                Nothing gets past you Dave. I thought you might recognize that. So I'm sure you also saw that it is a project. New learning curve for me for sure.

Edit: PM sent to you Dave.
                Last edited by alke46; 08-29-2022, 11:23 PM.
                Larry

'79 GS 1000E
                '93 Honda ST 1100 SOLD-- now residing in Arizona.
                '18 Triumph Tiger 800 (gone too soon)
                '19 Triumph Tiger 800 Christmas 2018 to me from me.
                '01 BMW R1100RL project purchased from a friend.

Comment

Got out on a beautiful night

No signature

Comment

Nice day biking and hiking. Put about 160 miles on the little GZ250. Saves on gas and tires on the bigger bikes.

Up the hill...

And down the hill...

This is Canandaiqua Lake. I don't think it's officialy a finger lake but it basically is. If you ever decide to go across New York State I suggest staying south of the Finger Lakes. The north side is much less scenic.

]
                    2002 bmw r1150gs 1978 gs1000E skunk les pew 1979 gs1000L dragbike
                    82 gs1100L probably the next project
                    1980 gs1000G the ugly 1978 gs750E need any parts?
                    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m_m2oYJkx1A
                    1978 gs1000E skunk #2 RLAP

Comment

Canandaigua - 4th largest of the finger lakes (Google). And I can attest to the feature-less quality of the geography on the way to Lake Ontario. Used to kill the engine in the middle of an intersection and feel like Cary Grant at the bus stop in North By Northwest. Flat and quiet.

Very fond memories of the 3 years I lived right next to the Barge (Erie) Canal.
                      1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Got out for a few hours today. Only pics I took was at Norris Dam.

They had some barriers to stop cars from parking here, so I assumed it was motorcycle parking. Correct Redman Dave?

Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                        '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Another beautiful night

No signature

Comment

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
                            . . . .

They had some barriers to stop cars from parking here, so I assumed it was motorcycle parking. Correct Redman Dave?

……… ….. …….\/F5xpQc.jpg
                            yah, if meant to keep bikes out, the poles would be closer together.

although apparently my interpretation of such stuff does not always match the observation of nearby officer. As in my left turn last night was observed to be a u-turn.
                            97E2E0AB-F436-49E4-8957-4FC298D64932.jpg
                            okay, maybe it was.

​​​​​​….. and I didn’t have current Proff Of Insurance.
                            ….. And I was driving around with parking ticket under wiper (from earlier) that I didn’t see till after got pulled over (by same officer).
                            Last edited by Redman; 09-02-2022, 08:51 PM.

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Love the look of that Wolf pipe, Trevor.
                              The rounded arc of the headers and the rolled end of the muffler brings back fond memories from the '80s.
                              2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Ride this afternoon to Holland. Was a ship (600+ feet) comming in the harbor.

5BAC756A-8A5E-4438-9C94-8BFC15E92024.jpg

I have been expecting comment about such pics that have posted before. “Oh, you like to ride your BMW RT so can go see big slow things.”

is intersting to be close enough to that big ship moving slowly, can hear prop splashing, see rudder turn, hear engine (boiler) run up, see/hear bow thrusters making waves, and then slowly see all that tonnage start to change course.
                                Last edited by Redman; 09-02-2022, 08:59 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X