No announcement yet.

anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got out for a little ride on my DR yesterday....only 2,100kms on it in one year....hopefully more riding this winter...and some buddies are putting together a Dual Sport ride in Moab in May...love this bike

No signature

Comment

20221105_102021~2.jpg I had Friday off work to take the motorcycle in for it 600 mile service.

I then made my way south to Marietta Ohio for a overnight get away.

Saturday, on my way home I stopped at the Big Muskey. A huge dragline shovel.

After that I jumped on the highway and shot over to Columbus to the AMA motorcycle museum. I've been there before, but it never gets old.

Up the highway from the museum is Iron Pony Motorcycle Super Store. I've never was a fan of the modular flip helmet. I tried on a Shoei Neoteck 2 modular helmet. I must say it fits real nice. It might be a nice Christmas gift for myself.

We've been having beautiful weather for November in northeast Ohio. I'm not sure how long it will last, it can change in a blink of the eye!
      Last edited by storm 64; 11-07-2022, 06:52 AM.
      My Motorcycles:
      22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
      22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
      82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
      81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
      79 1000e (all original)
      82 850g (all original)
      80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

While enjoying record high temps here today, I went out for a ride and found something that instantly took me back to the mid fifties. I shortened my ride after finding this fine piece of machinery due to the 20-30 mph winds.

I remember my dad using this same set up only with the next size larger tractor. His was the "M" model.

IMG_20221109_142741480_HDR by Larry Alkire, on Flickr

IMG_20221109_142755001_HDR by Larry Alkire, on Flickr

IMG_20221109_143003248_HDR by Larry Alkire, on Flickr
        Larry

'79 GS 1000E
        '93 Honda ST 1100 SOLD-- now residing in Arizona.
        '18 Triumph Tiger 800 (gone too soon)
        '19 Triumph Tiger 800 Christmas 2018 to me from me.
        '01 BMW R1100RL project purchased from a friend.

Comment

We had the same tractor. My dad called it "the Hache". I spent much of my pre teen life driving that around the hay field pulling an old John deer baler. Stopping often to re adjust the dang knotters.
          2002 bmw r1150gs 1978 gs1000E skunk les pew 1979 gs1000L dragbike
          82 gs1100L probably the next project
          1980 gs1000G the ugly 1978 gs750E need any parts?
          https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m_m2oYJkx1A
          1978 gs1000E skunk #2 RLAP

Comment

They're not only in Vermont...

Weather guys say snow again in the next couple days.

Comment

Thursday: Exceptional well above average, low 70s, clear skys. We were with the grandkids at thier house. . . . and predictions were for drastic turn of weather durring the day Friday for the next 7-10 days. So pretty much knew that Thursday would be the "last-nice-day"....

Friday: Well behind on getting the third round of leaf raking. But had to get out for a ride, 45degF in the morning, out for coffee, stopped here, no sunrize color.

Went for as bit of a ride out of town. Shoulda had the thicker jacket. Got in a couple hours of leaf raking, an other trailer load.
              In evening, went out to pick up pizza, thought of taking mocykle, looked at thermometer, 38degf, Naw.

THis morning: 35degF, rainy, and some rain that is floating around, and some rain that is bouncing off the pavement (cant bring myself to actaull say the proper words). And next 7 days not suppose to be any warmer. Forecast use words like "winter mix" and "accumulation" <<heavy sigh>>

Didnt plan ahead very well, all three bikes have less than half tank gas. Put in some stable in each. Will find some days -sometime- to get each one to gas station. < < heavy sigh > >
              Last edited by Redman; 11-12-2022, 01:47 PM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
              GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by Eli69 View Post
                They're not only in Vermont...

Weather guys say snow again in the next couple days.
                These bridges are still being built?
                Impressive.
                ---- Dave
                79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
                80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
                79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
                92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

Originally posted by Grimly View Post

These bridges are still being built?
                  Impressive.
                  It was moved from somewhere and rebuilt here. I don't know the whole story but somebody spent some serious cash to do it. It is very nice.

Comment

Me and my biddy Kevin got out on our 82s for lunch today....beautiful day!

No signature

Comment

No riding here today, temps stayed mostly in the mid 20's. Got a real cold spell going on in a large part of the country for the next few days.
                      Larry

'79 GS 1000E
                      '93 Honda ST 1100 SOLD-- now residing in Arizona.
                      '18 Triumph Tiger 800 (gone too soon)
                      '19 Triumph Tiger 800 Christmas 2018 to me from me.
                      '01 BMW R1100RL project purchased from a friend.

Comment

Hey what happened to the new guy? I was wondering if he and his brothers cousin made it to the beach and made much fun. In NY. In November.

Comment

Originally posted by Eli69 View Post
                          Hey what happened to the new guy? I was wondering if he and his brothers cousin made it to the beach and made much fun. In NY. In November.
                          Ah, you beat me to it. Bots need to learn how to write better. Guy even had a profile filled out. Claimed to be a writer.
                          Rich
                          1982 GS 750TZ
                          2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
                          Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

He had a link to a "website ". I didn't try it.

Rich, I rode through your town when we were in PA. Very nice. I probably won't be going to the beach anytime soon. Weather dudes are predicting unknown amounts of lake effect snow the next few days.

I did clean the skis off on the sled. I may be riding that soon.

Comment

Sorry I missed you. Try to give me a little better notice next time.
                              Rich
                              1982 GS 750TZ
                              2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
                              Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

go for ride today . . . ?

Nope

Last week was way above average temps.
                                THen this week turned to winter storm warnings.
                                Caught me with three bikes each with less than half tank gas. And snowthrower still in shed out back.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                                GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Working...
                                X