anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lookin' good and Happy Birthday Trevor.
    I just read somewhere that they proclaimed the Suzuki GT "motorcycle of the year"
    My Motorcycles:
    22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
    22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
    82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
    81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
    79 1000e (all original)
    82 850g (all original)
    80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
      Yesterday was my 57th birthday...
      Yikes.....How come I didn't realize you were so old....Almost 60 for gosh sakes....

Happy Birthday, Trevor!
      Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
      '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post

Yikes.....How come I didn't realize you were so old....Almost 60 for gosh sakes....

Happy Birthday, Trevor!
        Lol.....I didn't realize I was so old! Thanks
        No signature

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post

Lol.....I didn't realize I was so old! Thanks
          Positively ancient. I suggest you start looking at mopeds. Or trikes.
          1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Trev, nice scene. That is a good birthday tradition.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
            GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
              Trev, nice scene. That is a good birthday tradition.
              Thanks buddy ….
              No signature

Comment

Finally got to NZ to ride the GS650Ez. Thought some poppies would go with the black and red bike. Loving this bike, fits like a glove, rides and handles.beautifully

IMG_4345 -20+10 Shpnreize3500 crop copyright.jpg

82 GS650E (Canadian), 83 XS650SK (Canadian), Main machines Running
                Aussie, 74 TX650A, 80 XS650SG, 81XS650SH, 80XS850, in various states of repair/disrepair
                Introduction and ongoing thread for myGS650Ez
                Albums

Comment

We are spending a couple of days at Universal Studios Orlando. We love coasters. Got to ride a motorcycle yesterday, sort of. Most thrilling ride was a coaster where the “car” is actually a motorcycle (sort of an old Bonneville) and side car. Lots of twists, hard acceleration, portions running backwards, and a 1 story vertical drop.​

Rich
                  1982 GS 750TZ
                  2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
                  Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Originally posted by Rich82GS750TZ View Post
                    We are spending a couple of days at Universal Studios Orlando. We love coasters. Got to ride a motorcycle yesterday, sort of. Most thrilling ride was a coaster where the “car” is actually a motorcycle (sort of an old Bonneville) and side car. Lots of twists, hard acceleration, portions running backwards, and a 1 story vertical drop.​

Made all the more exciting by driving on the wrong side.
                    ---- Dave
                    79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
                    80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
                    79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
                    92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

Rode a Honda Rancher Quad 400 down the beach in Mexico on the high tide line, where traction was better, to check the surf, 1 mile south, total high school reunion in the water, with 11 out of 15 being beginners, so I just observed, contemplating if I should go out. I didn't, though some rippers where making nice tracks on short boards, weaving thru the flailers on the inside. Got a few grovelly type waves earlier in the week, so I was somewhat content.

On the way back some older folks on the beach were waving at me to slow down or something, so I finally stopped, finding out some itty bitty turtles were migrating from the lagoon to the "big time"
                      ocean. Cool to witness.
                      GS\'s since 1982: 55OMZ, 550ES, 750ET, (2) 1100ET\'s, 1100S, 1150ES. Current ride is an 83 Katana. Wifes bike is an 84 GS 1150ES

Comment

First ride of 2023! I'm sore...lol

No signature

Comment

Didn't go for a ride today, but the itch is strong! And the winter is just getting started.

I need to regain motivation and get to working on the 850 so it's ready come spring.
                          - 1983 GS850L ~ 30,000 miles and going up - Finally ready for a proper road trip!
                          - 1977 GS750B - Sold but not forgotten

Comment

Dry roads today... docks too.

52607321066_6d7c9221f5_b.jpg
                            2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT
                            2007 Triumph Bonneville T100 w/sidecar

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

Shadow500 had been turning over slow and starting hard this fall. ANd now that cold would not start. Looked at battery and I see I had dated it "05/2009". Oh! Okay!
                              Replaced battery (another AGM, $98) and it starts about immediately.
                              It occurred to me that I have had this bike since 2002, and I dont think I have ever had a volt meter on it. ANd I have never seen the stator.

Wednesday was 40degF, and roads dry and clear after heavy rain the other day to wash off the salt (from 3 day blizzard the previous week).
                              Got out for aboutan hour ride. Not a lot of miles, stopped a few times.

Still ice build up down by the beach/pier from the high waves during three day blizzard.

Opps, didnt get a roadside picture.
                              Last edited by Redman; 01-05-2023, 10:12 PM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                              GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
                                Shadow500 had been turning over slow and starting hard this fall. ANd now that cold would not start. Looked at battery and I see I had dated it "05/2009". Oh! Okay!
                                Replaced battery (another AGM, $98) and it starts about immediately.
                                It occurred to me that I have had this bike since 2002, and I dont think I have ever had a volt meter on it. ANd I have never seen the stator.

Wednesday was 40degF, and roads dry and clear after heavy rain the other day to wash off the salt (from 3 day blizzard the previous week).
                                Got out for aboutan hour ride. Not a lot of miles, stopped a few times.

Still ice build up down by the beach/pier from the high waves during three day blizzard.

Opps, didnt get a roadside picture.
                                Yep, the '85 1100 Shadow I had never ever had any kind of electrical or fuel related problem. Always started, always ran flawlessly. I did have to put in a jet kit though to fix a cold natured stutter after first starting.
                                Current Bikes:
                                2001 Yamaha FZ1 (bought same one back)

Comment

Working...
                                X