No announcement yet.

anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We're having some deep cleaning done at our house.

Instead of bringing the truck to the hotel I've been parking at home and riding back and forth. Makes for a cool morning ride with temps well below freezing. Have to address the iced up visor somehow. Stoplights are too long, can't hold my breath that long, lol.

I figured the wise choice would be the FJR which has way better wind protection, but.....
    This↓↓↓↓↓↓
    Originally posted by Redman View Post
    ........................... ANd now that cold would not start..................
    As in your case, Dave, I'm sure it's just the battery.

I pushed the beast down the street trying to bump start it. Shouldn't have taken as long as it did, but on the third try, when I jumped on to pop it in gear, I racked myself on the tank. Kinda glad it didn't start till the fourth attempt as it took a few minutes to compose myself. Made it home and parked that no starting yam hammer!

The GS , which has never tried to castrate me, starts right away and runs like a top! It's a pretty short ride so I don't completely freeze.

Roger

Current rides
    1983 GS 850G
    2003 FJR 1300A
    Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Short ride today.
      Qualifys as a January ride.
      not a lot of miles.
      stopped at some regular places.
      took the bike with better wind protection and heated

35degF.
      back to more regular January weather tommorow.
      febuary can be difficult to find a day for a ride also.

was gonna get a roadside pic, but then phone blanked out. Opps, forgot that when cold to keep phone in a warm pocket, not tank bag.

E55BD3D2-4F92-494F-9916-806B25DCE3B8.jpg
      Last edited by Redman; 01-18-2023, 11:14 PM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
      GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Cool Picture Dave
        Current Bikes:
        2001 Yamaha FZ1 (bought same one back)

Comment

After a couple weeks of 10s and 20s and snow and snow, prediction was for over night rains (that would wash salt of the roads) and then temps near 40 today, so would seem to be best chance for a ride in February.

Jay RedmanSIL sent this pic yesterday of shoveling away to get to his FJR1300ES (garage is too full of weightlifting and exercise equipment)

and he did ride to work today.

Justin RedmanSon
          sent pic of him out ,here at Holland State park beach/pier., on TW200 that he recently got.

Did get into the upper 30s today. I did get out for a ride.

Rode further out of town for a while.

ANd then back into town and around to a few places.
          Not much activity at this boat launch on the river close to the big lake.

After this pic, I saw a couple eagle sweeping over the water, and go into some of those trees in the distance. ANd then sweep over water again and go into other trees.

Not many miles, was out for over an hour.

Last edited by Redman; 02-07-2023, 09:23 PM.

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Beeeeeeeautiful February day in Michigan!
            Attached Files
            Last edited by XLNDRVR; 02-11-2023, 05:27 PM.
            GS1100ET

Comment

Some warm (enough) weather here the last few days, blew the cobwebs out on the '81 GS1100E (for sale, if anyone's interested), did a few short rides on my tired old Yamaha XS500. For short rides on country roads I'm finding more and more that I enjoy the low-power Yamaha that's happy to doddle along at 40-50mph versus the 100+hp bikes that feel like they're tearing at the leash and begging to "breathe" a bit.
              Previous GS fleet: '78 1000C, '79 750E, '81 650G, '82 1100G, '81 1100E
              Other rides: '77 XS500C, '78 XS1100E, '00 Voyager XII

Comment

Originally posted by XLNDRVR View Post
                [ATTACH=JSON]............................/ATTACH] Beeeeeeeautiful February day in Michigan!

Nice looking 1100E.

Today was even nicer.
                50degF at noon then 54 while was out. Record high temps for Feb 14th.

Yah, for valentines day wife was home coughing and I went for a ride.

I was home in time to make dinner. THen was raining, expect more rain then snow, so was good to get out today.

Comment

Nice day here...My finger is still in a brace but I couldn't take it anymore...I last rode on January 1st off road....but street has been back to November....I better start putting miles on if I plane to match last year's 35,000kms (23,000 miles)....
                  Put a new MRA windscreen on the K1300R

No signature

Comment

Wow, 21,747.992 miles that's a lot of miles!

Any big rides planned for 2023? I'll be goofing around in Arizona and the Rocky Mountains... the first of June. Let's meet up somewhere.
                    My Motorcycles:
                    22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
                    22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
                    82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
                    81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
                    79 1000e (all original)
                    82 850g (all original)
                    80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Originally posted by storm 64 View Post
                      Wow, 21,747.992 miles that's a lot of miles!

Any big rides planned for 2023? I'll be goofing around in Arizona and the Rocky Mountains... the first of June. Let's meet up somewhere.
                      Yeah it was a big year.....I have been looking at shipping my bike to Halifax this summer then riding it back to BC.....but may instead ride to Ontario and back again. Early May looking to go to Moab and California....road ride....or may throw the DR650 in the truck and join some buddies in Moab for an off road adventure....would love to meet up with you!
                      No signature

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
                        Nice day here...My finger is still in a brace but I couldn't take it anymore...I last rode on January 1st off road....but street has been back to November....I better start putting miles on if I plane to match last year's 35,000kms (23,000 miles)....
                        Put a new MRA windscreen on the K1300R
                        I just installed one on my Touring'Busa... been experimenting with the stock screen vs. a Puig double-bubble and now the air-foiled MRA... stock put the wind into my chest, Puig straight at my helmet and the MRA seems to throw it over my head. That's a win. I've always been a proponent of double-bubbles but now not so much. MRA adds some wind noise at speed but worth it for the protection... and it was cheap being a hand-me-down from one of my local 'Busa-Bros.

This afternoon:

Givi top box and rack was a freebie from another local 'Busa-Bro... Bros for the win!
                        2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT
                        2007 Triumph Bonneville T100 w/sidecar

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

It’s the middle of February, in Pennsylvania. 70 + degrees this afternoon when I left work (a tad early…shhhhh.) Had to get out for a ride. It was only for an hour. No pics, but the big stupid grin on my face would have made for a good one. May take the bike out again for some errands this evening. Can’t waste this weather. Be safe out there, all.
                          Rich
                          1982 GS 750TZ
                          2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
                          Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

I did...First ride of the season. Over 70º today and partly sunny...

Just got the new battery yesterday, and plates expire next week. Needed to take her out and confirm everything is in working order, since I am planning on selling this one in Mar/Apr....

Great bike, but my wife quit riding several years ago, and I don't need a two up, traveling bike anymore. What I need is space in my garage.

But hey, it was a very nice ride....Only a couple lousy photos, as I only stopped once.

Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                            '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
                              I did...First ride of the season. Over 70º today and partly sunny....
                              ....;
                              Nice Bob.

So you'll still have the 600.

Decided how to advertise the 900?

(Winter storm here.)

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post

Nice Bob.

So you'll still have the 600.

Decided how to advertise the 900?

(Winter storm here.)
                                Yes, I still have and will keep the TT600, GS1100E, and the '67 Honda Cub.
                                Still working out how to advertise, and price, this bike.
                                A local friend has had good luck with cycletrader, but I don't know. Facebook Marketplace, Craigslist, and Nextdoor, are all options?
                                Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                                '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Working...
                                X