anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great looking bike, Dennis.
    What's the story on the front wheel, rotors and calipers?
    2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Steve, the wheels are standard base model with alloy rims. Fireblade discs and Kwak calipers on my take on salty monk brackets and bandit 12 master. It works well and my gs850 has the same setup.
      20201110_102722 by Dennis Harland, on Flickr
      received_468036703974404 by Dennis Harland, on Flickr
      Last edited by uk gs nut; 04-19-2023, 04:08 AM.
      My bikes 79 GS1000 1085 checked and approved by stator the GSR mascot and 77 GS750 with 850 top end, GS850g, and my eldest sons 78 GS550, youngest sons GS125. Project bike 79 GS1000N

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post

Got my license tag issue resolved…. And now is snowing-sleeting. . . .
        Maybe later in the week….
        glad there are other Michiganders that understand my plight

Comment

So I may have bought another sidecar rig that's pretty much the same as the one I sold 5 years ago.... just older (2007 vs. 2013)...

... and I rode it today. Still shaking it down after picking it up last weekend... it was parked for quite a while so everything wet required refreshing... and it still needs rear pads (on order). Great fun though, I'd almost forgotten the joy of an evil-handling motorcycle.
          2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT
          2007 Triumph Bonneville T100 w/sidecar

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by gorillafan208 View Post

Hey, Gorilla, I dont recall if I knew where you are.
            I am just outside Grand Haven.

Have gotten GK out.

Well, "out" of the back corner of garage, out into the driveway.
            Started easy (but smoked alot).
            Didnt get out for a ride, had a couple days in mid 40s, but had other stuff going on.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
            GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Where are you located in MI? I'm looking for a wingman if you're not far from the Flint area. I lost my riding buddy after he wrecked his bike. He's doing fine after a 6 month recovery but his wife "encouraged" him to sell the bike after that...
              - 1983 GS850L ~ 30,000 miles and going up - Finally ready for a proper road trip!
              - 1977 GS750B - Sold but not forgotten

Comment

Originally posted by Hayabuser View Post
                So I may have bought another sidecar rig that's pretty much the same as the one I sold 5 years ago.... just older (2007 vs. 2013)...

... and I rode it today. Still shaking it down after picking it up last weekend... it was parked for quite a while so everything wet required refreshing... and it still needs rear pads (on order). Great fun though, I'd almost forgotten the joy of an evil-handling motorcycle.
                I'm jealous, would love a side car. Looks good!
                - 1983 GS850L ~ 30,000 miles and going up - Finally ready for a proper road trip!

Comment

About to head out on the BMW for my annual May ride to Tombstone and Bisbee.
                  "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
                  ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                  1982 CB900f

Comment

Originally posted by 93Bandit View Post

Where are you located in MI? I'm looking for a wingman if you're not far from the Flint area. I lost my riding buddy after he wrecked his bike. He's doing fine after a 6 month recovery but his wife "encouraged" him to sell the bike after that...
                    Unfortunately, I am all the way up north near the Traverse City area, but if you guys ever get up here we can go on a ride!

Comment

Unfortunately, I am all the way up north near the Traverse City area, but if you guys ever get up here we can go on a ride!
                      Ah bummer. Well I have a friend up near you, Kalkaska area I'd like to ride up to sometime. Maybe we could ride then!

Comment

My wife from TC, I lived there in 70s. DOnt get up there much any more.

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Weather terrible last week or two.
                          Was out of town today (Thursday), but got home in the evening and was clear and calm and low 60s . . . good enough... great ! .

Got GK out.
                          Started easy. Smooth idle. Not visible smoke. Charging strong.
                          Ah, rear brake making scraping sound a little bit.

Short ride into town and down to the beach, looked like possibility of great sunset.

(posted pic in Random Pics)
                          link to susnset pic
                          This general discussion area is to be used as the <b>non-controversial topics</b>. This forum is open to all. Forum rules apply!

ANd downtown. Hey, all three ice cream places open, hey, kinda like summer time.

Bike in downtown street lights

Last edited by Redman; 05-06-2023, 03:33 PM.

Comment

Hey ! Mid 60s today ! (Friday) Fairly clear and calm, what would call a nice spring day.

Got out for 2 1/2 hour ride this afternoon. (But that included stopping for the 2 chili dog special.)

A pic in my typical pose

And stopped elsewhere for an alternate style pose (maybe more to the liking of some people cough-Bob-cough)

No big story to tell, other than I greatly enjoyed the time out with the GK.
                            (And I got home before my gut revolted.)

Also Had an evening ride too, (but any pics there would be a lot like yesterdays posting).

>>later note
                            I am really loving the GK.
                            Riding the last couple days has been a great experience.
                            Great wind protection, nice wide handlebars for good easy control, great ergonomics, just lean and with the wide bars it countersteers without even realize that is what is happening, low seat height (all as compared to typical sporttourer ahem-RT-ahem).
                            I will want to have this bike for as long as I can get a leg over and hold up a bike. I say that now.
                            But I suspect that next time I have to work on it; I could change my mind.
                            Last edited by Redman; 05-06-2023, 04:03 PM.

Comment

Nice evening tonight.

IMG_3743.jpg

2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT
                              2007 Triumph Bonneville T100 w/sidecar

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

20230506_164303~2.jpg
                                I took the new motorcycle on a mock run yesterday to check the luggage configuration. But more importantly to see if I still do a 500 mile day!
                                I rode to Deer Creek State Park.(South of Columbus Ohio) I visited my brother for a hour or so, then returned home to Youngstown. I took the long way home, 452 total miles. When I got home I was tired, but not sore. I consider it being a successful day of riding!
                                My Motorcycles:
                                22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
                                22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
                                82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
                                81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
                                79 1000e (all original)
                                82 850g (all original)
                                80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Working...
                                X