anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Neat shots Redman!
    - 1983 GS850L ~ 30,000 miles and going up - Finally ready for a proper road trip!
    - 1977 GS750B - Sold but not forgotten

Comment

Went for a short ride today. On the way home I went by GM's Milford Proving Ground. At the crest of a hill you could see the high speed North South test track over the fence. Pretty neat to see.

Last edited by 93Bandit; 07-20-2023, 08:06 AM.
      - 1983 GS850L ~ 30,000 miles and going up - Finally ready for a proper road trip!
      - 1977 GS750B - Sold but not forgotten

Comment

88A271CC-2ECC-4FF0-BF9A-C5564AEF65D4.jpg …Haven’t had RT out for couple weeks for various reasons (been using GK for more local rides), but did take RT this morning. Just misc riding around, breakfast with my brother, and rode around seeing what was to see.

had heavy rain recently after weeks of not much, so dirt out on the road and puddles in places was something different.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
        GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

This evening, rode GK up to Muskegon Bike Time, only about 20 miles away other wize would not bother.
          Is About 6 blocks of downtown closed off to traffic except bikes, and the big HD dealer that just it looks like a small suburban mall.
          ROde thru the crazyness, found a place to park,

found a place to park, found something for dinner at food vendor, found a place in a park to sit and eat somewhat away from all the noise, walked around just a little bit, then rode out.
          Last edited by Redman; 07-23-2023, 06:10 PM.

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Saturday went for ride with Justin RedmanSon and 12yo grandson.

They got to the house here as was starting to rain. We waited around at the house here for about 45 minutes waiting for blob of heavy rain to pass.
            Here we are about to depart, still a sprinkle now and then,

We went up to Muskegon, rain stopped about time that got there, and we visited the LST393 (Landing Ship Tank), a WWII landing craft, 328 foot, that could carry dozens of tanks and trucks and lots of jeeps and thier crews, and/or troops. Over a thousand of these were built in a couple years. THis one used in invasion of Sisily and then Italy, and then D-Day. There only remains two of them, and this one is sinking and in need of a new home.

My uncle (that I am named after) was one of the troops in the invasion of Sicily from Africa, and then invasion of Italy from Sicily, likely in one of these., or at least next to one of these in a troop landing craft. (Note: KIA Nov 1943)

Us on upper deck. Jeeps and small trucks could be raised up to there with elevator (can see where elevator was behind me). Tanks were in the lower deck. Elevator and all the ventilation fans and all the guns were removed when was converted into a Lake Fright hauler. Some other guns have been found and installed.
            (I'll stop before I yammer on more.)
            LST 393 - Home

US LST Association - History

After that we stopped at Muskegon Bike Time big loud mess for lunch, then went for more of a ride.
            Last edited by Redman; 07-23-2023, 06:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich82GS750TZ View Post
              Finally had my first ride with my new riding buddy. . . . . .. . . Hh.jpg[/img]
              Great Rich! Any further updates?

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post

Great Rich! Any further updates?
                Mostly the updates are in this thread. New exhaust, new throttle cable, etc.
                As some might recall, my new rider 18 year old bought a slightly used Chinese Dual Sport 250. We’ve upgraded a few things, rewired some things, adjusted others. Broken some things; he bent the shift lever because he dropped it in the driveway. I broke a mirror because I dropped it in the grass jumping out of the ditch

After getting everything back together, his turn signals didn’t work. After pulling the left hand control apart and finding nothing obvious, I ordered him a $5 generic 2-pin Turn signal relay, not sure if that would fix it. Relay came today. Swapped it in. Signals work now. Good to go again. He just got back from a short ride. We’re going to go out together after supper.

Maybe I’ll get it inspected this week. Tomorrow is his College orientation. Time is flying by.
                Rich
                1982 GS 750TZ
                2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
                Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Originally posted by Rich82GS750TZ View Post
                  .. New exhaust, new throttle cable, etc.
                  As some might recall, my new rider 18 year old bought a slightly used Chinese Dual Sport 250. We’ve upgraded a few things, rewired some things, adjusted others. Broken some things; he bent the shift lever because he dropped it in the driveway. I broke a mirror because I dropped it in the grass jumping out of the ditch

Wow, Whata Dad.
                  Your son must think you can do anything, and he hasnt seen any evidence otherwize.

Comment

3 morning rides this week..
                    3 evening rides this week.
                    THis evenings ride included stop at beach. Had threaten rain on and off all day, so not too busy at the beach, found parking spot close to beach.
                    And I walked to find a bench to see how sunset developed.
                    Saw that a GSXR parked next to the GK

I was gonna walk back and ask the guy if 1982 was a significant year for him. BUt then I thought, naw, he looks maybe 25, so, um, er, uh, gee, maybe 1982 might be significant year ....for..... his parents. Maybe 1982 his parents were in elementary school. So I just watched from a distance as he walked other way.

Wasnt much of any sunset, sun went behind clouds on horizon about half hour before sunset time.
                    so went for ride a few miles outa town then home.
                    Last edited by Redman; 07-29-2023, 01:37 AM.

Comment

40 years and they've changed alot, but at the same time they haven't changed.
                      1986 1150EF
                      2008 GS1250SEA

Comment

Early morning ride, stopped here at park along the river,

This general discussion area is to be used as the <b>non-controversial topics</b>. This forum is open to all. Forum rules apply!

sun at low angle, and by the river caused moisture to condense on windscreen.....

Also had some further adventure later on in the morning ride
                        Have had GSes since 1982. (650G, 850G now 1100GK). Recently have been thinking I need to recheck the clutch cable adjustment, cuz sometimes have hard time downshifting into first, and getting into netural when stopped. (so click into netural while still rolling to stop - you know). On ride this morning, on way home, was

Last edited by Redman; 08-09-2023, 07:13 PM.

Comment

Went for a little ride this evening on my new to me 2020 Triumph Speedmaster. This bike had 167 miles on it when I bought it. I've had it about three weeks and hit 1000 miles this evening.
                          Screenshot_20230810_211816_Gallery.jpg
                          Current Bikes:
                          2001 Yamaha FZ1 (bought same one back)

Comment

Finally wasn't hot, or raining. Got out for a couple hours this morning.
                            Just ran some of the local roads along the ridge line.
                            Just a few "not so interesting" photos.

Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                            '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Originally posted by ddaniels View Post
                              Went for a little ride this evening on my new to me 2020 Triumph Speedmaster. This bike had 167 miles on it when I bought it. .
                              .28327}[/ATTACH]
                              Nice! Dealer hold over?

Comment

Nice cool morning, today....Took out the yellow bike again.
                                Made my usual stop at the Norris Dam Overlook....
                                Took a few photos, and my battery was almost done. Of course, I didn't bring a spare.

From there I decided to take a run around the Devil's Triangle. Went counter clockwise, which is the harder way, they say.
                                Grabbed a couple more photos at Brushy Mountain Prison, before the battery went kaput.

Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                                '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Working...
                                X