No announcement yet.

anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got out on my 83 gs750e and my BMW...and a friends vfr1200 (I'm buying one)

No signature

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
      Got out on my 83 gs750e and my BMW...and a friends vfr1200 (I'm buying one)

Honda thought of everyone, even the travelling trombonist.
      ---- Dave
      79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
      80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
      79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
      92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

Rode this tonight.

2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT
        2007 Triumph Bonneville T100 w/sidecar

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

Like the look but it needs an exhaust/muffler for a better sound.
          There is one near me with a high-mount Akropovic "scrambler" muffler that sounds decent but looks odd. imho.
          2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Originally posted by steve murdoch View Post
            Like the look but it needs an exhaust/muffler for a better sound.
            There is one near me with a high-mount Akropovic "scrambler" muffler that sounds decent but looks odd. imho.
            When I bought it, it was wearing the optional Akrapović HP titanium/carbon slip-on...

... but I didn't like the look of it. Too modern sportbike-ish for the retro lines of the RnineT so I swapped the original also-Akrapović dual outlet pipe back on which I like better. The HP was about 1/3rd the weight but sound-wise it wasn't much different. A little higher pitched, more raspy but that's about all. The dual-tip has a deeper sound and a style that definitely suits the bike better, and at anything other than idle it's shockingly loud for an OEM can. Too loud for the sleepy seaside town I live in anyway.

I agree that the high-mounts do look awkward and ungainly.
            2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT
            2007 Triumph Bonneville T100 w/sidecar

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

I nearly forgot how fun this 78cc 4HP beast is.... after sitting in the shed for the last two years unused, it surprisingly started by simply adding some weedwhacker premix gas... I'm still smiling....

Smiles... by Glen Brenner, on Flickr
              sigpic
              When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
              -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
              -Rusty old scooter.
              Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
              https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
              https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Weekend weather here has been absolutely phenomenal lately. Been spending as much time in the mountains as possible. Yesterday, was no exception. I wish I could have gotten a pic of the Fisher I saw running up the dirt road in front of me. It dove in to a culvert. I waited there for about 15 minutes, but he never showed. So no pic of the elusive weasel. I have yet to capture one with my camera. It's only the third Fisher I've seen in my life.

So here's a bunny I saw on last weekend's ride instead

Did come across this freshly fallen tree yesterday. Must have happened just minutes before I came across it, as other vehicles had come from that area only moments before.
                Rich
                1982 GS 750TZ
                2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
                Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Have never seen a fisher. Didn't even know what it was. I need to get out more often.
                  Larry

'79 GS 1000E
                  '93 Honda ST 1100 SOLD-- now residing in Arizona.
                  '18 Triumph Tiger 800 (gone too soon)
                  '19 Triumph Tiger 800 Christmas 2018 to me from me.
                  '01 BMW R1100RL project purchased from a friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich82GS750TZ View Post
                    W.
                    .... Must have happened just minutes before I came across it, as other vehicles had come from that area only moments before.
                    So then, maybe was good you had stopped to wait for that fischer.

(fischer, which I have never heard of, buit, thanks to your link, I see the range is just the eastern portion of the north east.)

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                    GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Morning ride today.
                      Went thru this area . .

. . looking for wildlife and what ever comes my way. . . . .
                      a few days ago in this area, I saw a River Otter or maybe was a Mink eating on a big fish (carp?), a couple weeks ago I saw a Great Blue Heron sucsesfully hunting some rodent-like critters (posted random pic I think).... but today I just rode thru, looking, didnt stop and wait, I think I was more hungry for breakfast than anything else. Ended up in a coffee shop for a while.

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
                        I nearly forgot how fun this 78cc 4HP beast is.... after sitting in the shed for the last two years unused, it surprisingly started by simply adding some weedwhacker premix gas... I'm still smiling....

Smiles... by Glen Brenner, on Flickr
                        dorkburger

Lookin' Good DB!!!
                        GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
                        GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
                        GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
                        Originally posted by GSXR7ED
                        Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Thanks Ed!.........
                          sigpic
                          When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                          -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                          -Rusty old scooter.
                          Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                          https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                          https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Yesterday (Labor Day) I rode south of town to area of a recently revamped golf course, American Dunes.
                            (I will not try to describe the place, other than will say Jack Nicklas & $185 a round).
                            I knew was having an NCAA tournament this weekend. (Monday, Tuesday, Wednsday. Covered on Golf Channel, I have been told. I didnt see any evidence of camera where I was that day, other than what looked like antennas and battery packs up in a tree.)

Rode thru nearby residential area, found a place to park along road that wasnt anybodys yard, and was just a few steps to a cart path where I got view of approach and a green. Could watch the shots land on the green (or land short or off into nearby trees), could watch the putting, then could walk a short way to see them tee off on next hole. THen I could return back and see the next shots coming in.

I have little/no experience with ball golf, (but can somewhat compare to disc golf).

THree images have my bike, one may be harder to notice.
                            Last edited by Redman; 09-05-2023, 10:01 PM.

Comment

Had to take the truck in for some work today so I threw my DR650 in the back so I had a ride home.

No signature

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
                                Had to take the truck in for some work today so I threw my DR650 in the back so I had a ride home.

WOW I love me some clean GMT400
                                - 1983 GS850L ~ 30,000 miles and going up - Finally ready for a proper road trip!
                                - 1977 GS750B - Sold but not forgotten

Comment

Working...
                                X