No announcement yet.

anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boy, lots of great pics of wet, green areas lately. Sure enjoy seeing those. It's pretty dry around here.

Lots going on here lately. My dad had a nasty fall in his assisted living home two weeks ago resulting in an ambulance ride to the ER. Two days later he fell again, this time he stayed in the hospital. Massive brain bleed, while laying in bed pnumonia set in, and within 12 hours he was gone. He was cremated and will be buried tomorrow here in Albuquerque.

I'm sorry to share bad news, guys, but the good new is, I finally got to take him for a ride. For years he's been looking at my bike saying, someday I'd like to go ride with you. Well, Pops, hope you enjoyed the ride! It was a beautiful day so we hit some twisty roads up in the hills East of town. He spent 21 years in the Air Force. My son will help me fold up his flag this evening and present it to my mom tomorrow at his graveside memoriol.

Roger

Current rides
    1983 GS 850G
    2003 FJR 1300A
    Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Sorry to hear of your father's passing Roger.
      Larry

'79 GS 1000E
      '93 Honda ST 1100 SOLD-- now residing in Arizona.
      '18 Triumph Tiger 800 (gone too soon)
      '19 Triumph Tiger 800 Christmas 2018 to me from me.
      '01 BMW R1100RL project purchased from a friend.

Comment

Originally posted by alke46 View Post
        Sorry to hear of your father's passing Roger.
        Thanks, Larry.

He was actually quite I'll for a long time so we had been making arrangements. Didn't think it'd happen like this though...
        Roger

Current rides
        1983 GS 850G
        2003 FJR 1300A
        Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Quadra Island on the weekend

No signature

Comment

Originally posted by Burque73 View Post
            . I finally got to take him for a ride. For years he's been looking at my bike saying, someday I'd like to go ride with you. Well, Pops, hope you enjoyed the ride! It was a beautiful day so we hit some twisty roads up in the hills East of town. He spent 21 years in the Air Force. My son will help me fold up his flag this evening and present it to my mom tomorrow at his graveside memoriol.

Sorry Roger.
            THanks for sharing.
            Good that you can do some things for yourself and to honor him.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
            GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Roger, that’s sad and beautiful at the same time. So sorry for your loss.
              Rich
              1982 GS 750TZ
              2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
              Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Friday was suppose to be maybe one of the last really nice days, and I thought that was a good excuse to get out for more than a couple hours.

Thought that I should find that brick lighthouse that have pictures posted on some sites (BMWST and IG). First problem is that I got about no idea where it is, well, somewhere along Lake Michigan north of Muskegon I know, and maybe north of Ludington. Second problem is I am not sure of the name of it.

After some poking around online, I find is called Little Sable, is a state park, and is south of Ludington near Silver Lake State park. But, hey, I have been bye there a few times in recent years and don’t recall seeing anything about it.

So with that about 10minutes of planning (standing in driveway next to bike) I take off to head north.

Head to Muskegon then follow lakeshore as much as can.

92C685D2-8A24-4D3B-BFAF-F1515A4EF1D0.thumb.jpeg.1a8c0700cfdfc0e76a9b4ae90c98812a.jpeg
                Here is an often pictured place. Is called “that tree” on a regional photography FB group.

Lot of other intersting roads thru the lakeshore dunes to continue north.

Made it to the Silver Lake area, and then used the GPS….

oh, need to turn at an intersection with no signage and go down this road a few miles

A96C5997-D5DA-474C-91E6-C4A6DCC6E93C.thumb.jpeg.09cf69a68cbd2f5a0a0c76f7368fe8a3.jpeg

yep here it is

61D4A97D-0C20-485D-9614-DA336DDC413D.thumb.jpeg.35dac85762d603d787b7f7ce9b0bf14f.jpeg

Found a far corner of parking lot, and found a vantage point to minimize sight of parking lot…. Am not parked out in a sand dune... but you guys know I like to do that.
                Hiked around out in the dunes there - difficult going.
                Did then ride into Ludington.
                And then buzz back on state highway, and temps did get into the mid 80s for probably the last time. Was good to be out most of the morning and most of the afternoon.

Over the weekend, I did get GK clutch cable rerouted. Better now.

And Today (Monday) did take GK out for morning ride.
                Out around area where can sometimes see herons, egrets, swans and such.
                Where I stopped, the bike looked so good in the low morning sun......

opps, I see where missed a spot of rubbing off the chrome cleaner.......

​​​​​​​.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Rode from Tucson to New Mexico this weekend. Had to get the Harley from my sister's house to my current residence. 365 miles. It was a fun blitz. No pics. Pretty much Iron Butt style, just stopping for gas and to change the playlist.
                  "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
                  ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                  1982 CB900f

Comment

Last weekend was great weather for motorcycling, sunny and upper 60's-70.
                    I had Friday off work so I decided to head south to Marietta Ohio.
                    Southern Ohio has smooth, wide, curvy roads, on par with any top motorcycling road in the United States.
                    I arrived at my hotel, only to be greeted by a group of BMW riders!
                    Turns out they were from the Cincinnati BMW Riders Club. They thought I was part of their club. Nope, just dumb luck!
                    It was fun chatting with them folks. I misplaced my gloves, I thought I lost them. One fellow was going to give me his spare pair... I finally found them in a zipper pocket in my travel bag!
                    I had a lovely ride home. I rode the famous "Triple Nickle" rt555. Most of it has fresh pavement.
                    Then in Zanesville Ohio I rode across the Tri-Bridge. (see picture)
                    Yes, it was a great weekend for motorcycling 20230923_125923.jpg
                    My Motorcycles:
                    22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
                    22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
                    82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
                    81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
                    79 1000e (all original)
                    82 850g (all original)
                    80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Hey Norm,

You ever heard of the "windy9"? Looks like some interesting roads in southern Ohio. If you go to windy9.com you can get a map sent to you. I'm waiting on mine now. Might possibly be a good area to have a GSR rally sometime?
                      Ron
                      When I die, just cremate me and put me in my GS tank. That way I can go through these carbs, one more time!
                      1978 GS750E - November 2017 BOTM
                      1978 GS1000C - May 2021 BOTM
                      1982 GS1100E - April 2024 BOTM
                      1999 Honda GL1500SE

Comment

Hi Folks, went for a ride with a few mates, nine Kats at the start point for the ride and picked up one more along the way.

Kat Ride by Max Mutarn, on Flickr

Kat ride 2 by Max Mutarn, on Flickr
                        Last edited by Shin-Ken 1074; 09-27-2023, 05:58 AM.
                        Shin-Ken 1074
                        1982 GSX1100SXZ Wire Wheel Katana - BOM Nov 2011
                        1981 GSX1135 Katana Build completed Mar 2024, Curb Weight, all fluids and 21 lt fuel = 206 kg.

Comment

I don't really ride the skunks much these days. Sad but true. I decided to do a bike and hike on Skunk#1 yesterday since it might be time to put it away for the winter. Turns out the charging system is unwell. I got to the park and realized the battery was pretty dead. No biggy, I had a jump pack and cell signal and I went there to hike.

This is a relatively unknown spot in the park. Sat down and enjoyed a Southern Tier 2X IPA. And even played some tunes on my little work speaker on spotify. Nice.

Got back to the bike and rolled it down the hill a bit to bump start. Charging enough to get home. Putting out a little over 12 volts. Well, it's always something I guess.
                          2002 bmw r1150gs 1978 gs1000E skunk les pew 1979 gs1000L dragbike
                          82 gs1100L probably the next project
                          1980 gs1000G the ugly 1978 gs750E need any parts?
                          https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m_m2oYJkx1A
                          1978 gs1000E skunk #2 RLAP

Comment

Lots of Fall colours happening your way, Eli?
                            2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Originally posted by steve murdoch View Post
                              Lots of Fall colours happening your way, Eli?
                              Seems to be. I'm not much for leaf peeping but I did notice my yard is starting to get pretty covered in leaves.
                              2002 bmw r1150gs 1978 gs1000E skunk les pew 1979 gs1000L dragbike
                              82 gs1100L probably the next project
                              1980 gs1000G the ugly 1978 gs750E need any parts?
                              https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m_m2oYJkx1A
                              1978 gs1000E skunk #2 RLAP

Comment

We are having great weather here on the island

No signature

Comment

Working...
                                X