No announcement yet.

anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Me and some buddies did a quick overnighter to Gold River.....weather was amazing!

No signature

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post

I didn't know you bought a GT....how are you liking it?
      Bought it about this time last year. Put 10k miles on since then. I really like it. The power is addictive, and it handles pretty well. Still working some ergonomics issues (seat, handlebars, windscreen, etc.) but nothing that's a showstopper. Biggest problem I have is how fast it goes through tires. I'm only getting about 3300 miles out of a set of Dunlop Roadsmart 3s. Probably has something to do with my right wrist and the traction control setting.

When I took it to the Brown County GS rally this year, people asked me if I bought it from you!
      Current: 2014 BMW R1200GS, 2009 Triumph Tiger 1050, 1996 DR350SE
      Previous: 2022 GSX-S1000GT+, 2007 GSF1250SA Bandit, 2008 DL1000 V-Strom, 1977 GS750B

Comment

Brisk afternoon ride to one of my favorite mountain vistas. Loving heated grips and seat.

Rich
        1982 GS 750TZ
        2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
        Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Originally posted by gbw View Post

Bought it about this time last year. Put 10k miles on since then. I really like it. The power is addictive, and it handles pretty well. Still working some ergonomics issues (seat, handlebars, windscreen, etc.) but nothing that's a showstopper. Biggest problem I have is how fast it goes through tires. I'm only getting about 3300 miles out of a set of Dunlop Roadsmart 3s. Probably has something to do with my right wrist and the traction control setting.

When I took it to the Brown County GS rally this year, people asked me if I bought it from you!
          Lol....that's funny.
          I sold mine as you maybe know....I put 32,616kms on it in 12 months....lots I liked but somethings I just could get over...
          Vibration at 5000rpm (120kmph)...it's a sweet spot for riding for me so that was annoying
          The hot start rattle drove me crazy
          Paint was peeling off the front rim
          MySpin is garbage

But I did like riding it but no regrets so far selling it to buy the VFR1200F

Cheers

No signature

Comment

50degF, Sunday, and looking like best day for next week or so…….so got liner back in pants and jacket. Heavy cloud cover like could rain.

Rode up to Muskegon, stopped by the lakeshore near beach for a pic.

IMG_7191ac.jpg

THen headed to the river channel, maybe get some pics of arrival of lake freighter (HCJackson, 689ft)

Got there, and it started raining, latch on side bag broke - DOAH- so could not open the sidebag, could not get out rain gear.

Ship was at least another 45 minutes or hour out yet.

So retreated home.

Olympia jacket and pants repelled the rain okay, gloves did not.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
            GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

We have had some pretty decent weather here...until today..lol

No signature

Comment

And got good old Wes out for a ride

No signature

Comment

Last weekend got the chance to get away for a ride and meet up with some friends, take in some new roads and stop for a break with a view.

Oct 23 by Max Mutarn, on Flickr

Oct 23 a by Max Mutarn, on Flickr
                  Shin-Ken 1074
                  1982 GSX1100SXZ Wire Wheel Katana - BOM Nov 2011
                  1981 GSX1135 Katana Build completed Mar 2024, Curb Weight, all fluids and 21 lt fuel = 206 kg.

Comment

Originally posted by Shin-Ken 1074 View Post
                    . . . . . . . . . and meet up with some friends, . . . . .
                    Oct 23 a by Max Mutarn, on Flickr
                    1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 !!

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Had a few days recently that were 40/50s and rainey.
                      And a few days in 50s or low 60s, so did get out on those days.
                      Sometimes looking for occassional fall color tree.

And saw a couple lake freighters going thru the piers/channel

Both of these 600+ feet.

Comment

Congrats on the new bike Rich! I saw you had posted a few pics on FB as well.
                        Previous GS fleet: '78 1000C, '79 750E, '81 650G, '82 1100G, '81 1100E
                        Other rides: '77 XS500C, '78 XS1100E, '00 Voyager XII

Comment

Thanks Grisha. Still haven't given up on the GS, though. Starting working on the head this week. Don't forget, I still owe you and Vanya lunch at Kavkaz next time you're in central PA. Forest roads were a bit greasy this past weekend after the rain.

Rich
                          1982 GS 750TZ
                          2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
                          Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 !!
                            Hi Redman, we had them jammed in there and makes it difficult to see them all, like the one in the top right of the pic. There are 14 vintage 1100 Kats in the pic. Kounting Kats is good sport I think.

Cheers
                            Last edited by Shin-Ken 1074; 10-20-2023, 06:11 PM.
                            Shin-Ken 1074
                            1982 GSX1100SXZ Wire Wheel Katana - BOM Nov 2011
                            1981 GSX1135 Katana Build completed Mar 2024, Curb Weight, all fluids and 21 lt fuel = 206 kg.

Comment

Nice day on the island today....loving the VFR!

No signature

Comment

The weather and leaves up here have been fantastic this week. The summer drought and recent heavy rains made for some colors that were amazing. Got in over 950 miles this on the Versys and the Wing. Still dont know how to post a picture on here, sorry
                                Current Rides: 82 GS1100E, 00 Triumph 955 Speed Triple, 03 Kawasaki ZRX1200, 01 Honda GL1800, '15 Kawasaki 1000 Versys
                                Past Rides: 72 Honda SL-125, Kawasaki KE-175, 77 GS750 with total yosh stage 1 kit, 79 GS1000s, 80 GS1000S, 82 GS750e,82 GS1000S, 84 VF500f, 86 FZR600, 95 Triumph Sprint 900,96 Triumph Sprint, 97 Triumph Sprint, 01 Kawasaki ZRX1200, 07 Triumph Tiger 1050, 01 Yam YFZ250F
                                Work in progress: 78 GS1000, unknown year GS1100ES

Comment

Working...
                                X